GDT: Game 37: Anaheim Ducks vs Toronto Maple Leafs, 6pm PT,BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Just wanted to mention that this was my first game of this season because well *gestures vaguely* pretty obvious reasons but I found it odd that the team is sponsored by the "He gets us" people. Not even Jesus can help this team.
That’s funny especially because our owners are Jewish.

Reactions: duckaroosky

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
Just remember these are likely the same morons that chanted "we want Florida".
Leaf fans in Cali.. probably morons who aren't actual Leaf fans lol. But ya unfortunately as a Leaf fan, we have more morons than any other fan base.

GDT or rink chatter always brings some crazy posts/reactions from those fans who are totally bi-polar, but I think the majority of our fan base (Leafs) was super impressed with Dostal.. I think he can be really good for you guys, he was outstanding last night. I have been a semi-ducks fan (was a huge Getz fan) for a while and hope to see them shoot up the standings in the coming years. Best of luck guys.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Watching that Cronin video you can see he really wants to lay the refs out there but holds back because, I'm totally guessing, he has been threatened with a bigger fine or suspension if he lays the refs out again.

Like someone said earlier, if you want to call the ticky tack stuff on the Ducks, go ahead. But you better call the same thing on their opponents. They are not doing that and it seems there is one rule book for the Ducks, and one for everyone else. That's what infuriates me. Just be fair and consistent. Ducks PP differential for the last 10 years has got to be over 400 now. Someone posted it at -387 recently and its gotten worse. Its not close with the second worst team on PP differential.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The Good:

Dostal
Drysdale

The Bad

Giving up 50+ SOG
Scoring only one goal

The Ugly

The Reffing
That Zegras play in OT

Reactions: Deuce22

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
There’s a legit possibility that Drysdale winds up our best player or at least close to it. Big upside if he can improve his puck handling and shot a bit

When he’s not paired with Fowler he looks great

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
The Good:

Dostal
Drysdale

The Bad

Giving up 50+ SOG
Scoring only one goal

The Ugly

The Reffing
That Zegras play in OT
Zegras made a few awful plays in that game. I know people, including his coach, have praised his effort on defense, but the simple truth is that the guy is never going to be a good defensive player. His best hope is to be great at offense and try to play as little defense as possible. Last game against Edmonton, he completely lost a guy on the backdoor, which led to a goal. It happened a couple times last night, but he got lucky that Dostal was doing his best impersonation of prime Dominik Hasek. He also made a number of bad passes, including whatever that was in overtime.

It's clear Zegras has a ton of offensive talent. I'm worried that if Cronin keeps trying to squeeze defense out of him, it's going to completely neutralize what makes him dangerous. He simply isn't cut out for that kind of game.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Zegras made a few awful plays in that game. I know people, including his coach, have praised his effort on defense, but the simple truth is that the guy is never going to be a good defensive player. His best hope is to be great at offense and try to play as little defense as possible. Last game against Edmonton, he completely lost a guy on the backdoor, which led to a goal. It happened a couple times last night, but he got lucky that Dostal was doing his best impersonation of prime Dominik Hasek. He also made a number of bad passes, including whatever that was in overtime.

It's clear Zegras has a ton of offensive talent. I'm worried that if Cronin keeps trying to squeeze defense out of him, it's going to completely neutralize what makes him dangerous. He simply isn't cut out for that kind of game.

Z needs to focus on offense and just be responsible in his own zone. I have not liked him in Cronin’s system even when he was snake bitten to start the season he just seemed off.

Cecithepylon

May 4, 2017
I’m a leafs fan. Dostal is a stud you guys have an amazing goalie of the future. The ducks are going to be a force in a year or 2 with the talent you have

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
My dumbass thought Dostal would've had a chance at a goalie goal. I don't know why I was so naive.

Homie was in a groove though, so that was great to see.

Cronin touched on something that I was thinking about during the game: Gudas would've really helped stem the tide on a lot of those Leafs entries. At the very least, he would've made them think twice or be a little more hesitant. That can go a long way to affecting the makeup of the game with a team like that.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
This is why I have little respect for Toronto...

Ducks just got involved...

Dostal in net confirmed next Toronto game!

There’s a certain irony in Dostal being a no-name goalie, given if he didn’t play in Toronto, Joseph Woll would be in the same boat instead of being labeled as the Leafs savior by Ontario media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille