GDT: Game 37: Anaheim Ducks vs Toronto Maple Leafs, 6pm PT,BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_5303.jpeg

IMG_5304.jpeg

Anaheim Ducks vs Toronto Maple Leafs
6pm PT, BSSC
IMG_5308.gif

IMG_5311.gif

IMG_5306.jpeg
IMG_5307.jpeg

IMG_4560.gif

IMG_5305.jpeg

Maple Leafs Projected Line up

Matthew Knies -- Auston Matthews -- Mitchell Marner
Tyler Bertuzzi -- John Tavares -- William Nylander
Nicholas Robertson -- Max Domi -- Calle Jarnkrok
Bobby McMann -- David Kampf -- Noah Gregor

Morgan Rielly -- TJ Brodie
Simon Benoit -- Jake McCabe
William Lagesson -- Conor Timmins

Dennis Hildeby
Martin Jones

Scratched:
Pontus Holmberg, Mark Giordano, Timothy Liljegren
Injured: Joseph Woll (lower body), Ryan Reaves (lower body)

IMG_5066.jpeg
Ducks Projected Line up

Trevor Zegras -- Adam Henrique -- Ryan Strome
Alex Killorn -- Mason McTavish -- Frank Vatrano
Brock McGinn -- Isac Lundestrom -- Brett Leason
Max Jones -- Sam Carrick -- Jakob Silfverberg

Cam Fowler -- Jamie Drysdale
Pavel Mintyukov -- Ilya Lyubushkin
Urho Vaakanainen -- Radko Gudas

Lukas Dostal
John Gibson

Scratched:
Jackson LaCombe, Ross Johnston, Benoit-Oliver Groulx
Injured: Leo Carlsson (right knee), Troy Terry (upper body)

IMG_5310.jpeg

IMG_4603.gif

IMG_5312.gif

IMG_4602.jpeg

Last edited:

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Last year it was not as bad because you had Zegras racking in points, Terry looked good, McTavish was showing a lot of promise. This year you have Frank Vatrano leading the team in production, that is just not right, Love Frankie but he is supposed to be our depth producer not leading producer. lol. It was also a time to suck, since the Top 3 in the draft were all at least franchise players, and were getting a very good player. This year, it's not even close in the draft, and it's been disappointing we could not at least be around .500, never expected playoffs, but just more wins here and there, that is all.

Here is why I am upset, and it starts with our Trio of Zegras, Leo, and McTavish. This trio keeps me watching, even when things are going so bad.

Leo is out, and F'ing Bedard and Fantilli are racking in points as he sits out. Leo was looking very good before that a-hole fell on his knee, made our top line look so much better, even with two struggling players on his wings. Yeah not all his games were great, Most 18 yo rookies are not going to have 100% great games, not even close to it. But you saw that 1C franchise potential and even with struggling wingers, he still made things happen, and it made the games more watchable and it made you feel hopeful for the future. No shocker the PP has fallen off, since he got hurt. That Mac and Leo chemistry with Minty was real, then boom, Mac gets hurt, then later Leo gets hurt. It's unreal.

Then there is Zegras another ray of hope for the future, also another player that keeps me into these games. He already has been moved to wing, according to the practice report.....so much for trying to develop him at C. Not sure how I feel about that. Looking at the timeline for when Leo may return, gives Z maybe another 2-3 weeks at C. Guess Cronin sees it differently.... unless this is just a placeholder due to lacking scoring wingers with Terry hurt. That horrible game against Edmonton. I woke up the next day not as upset, because Zegras had a nice assist from a nice play, not just a boring assist, but a great play. So yeah the little things help me cope at this point.

Finally, McTavish. McTavish after that strong start, was looking like he could be our 1C, and even if our record was around .500 at the time which is not bad for a rebuilding team you started to feel really hopeful for the future. But since he has been back, has looked like dog poo, and I think he is really taking the Terry injury personal. I would be. I believe it was @The Midnight Burrito said, that he has 3 points in 9 games, and all 3 came in one game...ouch.

I know we have had injuries, and it's a legit excuse. You miss one guy here and there like most teams do, or they lose some depth players it's fine. But we were missing half our Top 6 at one point, and are still missing key players, who I feel even that are back are not 100 percent.

It's funny. have not even talked about the D, that's is another whole problem in itself. lol.

As per Toronto, let them destroy us tonight, they are 1st round exit fodder. You know what's crazy? They have a slightly higher GA/P than us. Yeah. But They can outscore their goaltending and defense problems unlike us. That doesn't work as much in the playoffs. This is why we need to be patient so we don't half-ass this rebuild and end up like Buffalo, or even Toronto, who live and die by the production of Matthews and their top line.

I want to see this thing through, and will give Verbeek those 2 more years like he said he feels they will be playoff contention bound. I'm not going anywhere. Going to be rough but we are in this together.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Last year it was not as bad because you had Zegras racking in points, Terry looked good, McTavish was showing a lot of promise. This year you have Frank Vatrano leading the team in production, that is just not right, Love Frankie but he is supposed to be our depth producer not leading producer. lol. It was also a time to suck, since the Top 3 in the draft were all at least franchise players, and were getting a very good player. This year, it's not even close in the draft, and it's been disappointing we could not at least be around .500, never expected playoffs, but just more wins here and there, that is all.

Here is why I am upset, and it starts with our Trio of Zegras, Leo, and McTavish. This trio keeps me watching, even when things are going so bad.

Leo is out, and F'ing Bedard and Fantilli are racking in points as he sits out. Leo was looking very good before that a-hole fell on his knee, made our top line look so much better, even with two struggling players on his wings. Yeah not all his games were great, Most 18 yo rookies are not going to have 100% great games, not even close to it. But you saw that 1C franchise potential and even with struggling wingers, he still made things happen, and it made the games more watchable and it made you feel hopeful for the future. No shocker the PP has fallen off, since he got hurt. That Mac and Leo chemistry with Minty was real, then boom, Mac gets hurt, then later Leo gets hurt. It's unreal.

Then there is Zegras another ray of hope for the future, also another player that keeps me into these games. He already has been moved to wing, according to the practice report.....so much for trying to develop him at C. Not sure how I feel about that. Looking at the timeline for when Leo may return, gives Z maybe another 2-3 weeks at C. Guess Cronin sees it differently.... unless this is just a placeholder due to lacking scoring wingers with Terry hurt. That horrible game against Edmonton. I woke up the next day not as upset, because Zegras had a nice assist from a nice play, not just a boring assist, but a great play. So yeah the little things help me cope at this point.

Finally, McTavish. McTavish after that strong start, was looking like he could be our 1C, and even if our record was around .500 at the time which is not bad for a rebuilding team you started to feel really hopeful for the future. But since he has been back, has looked like dog poo, and I think he is really taking the Terry injury personal. I would be. I believe it was @The Midnight Burrito said, that he has 3 points in 9 games, and all 3 came in one game...ouch.

I know we have had injuries, and it's a legit excuse. You miss one guy here and there like most teams do, or they lose some depth players it's fine. But we were missing half our Top 6 at one point, and are still missing key players, who I feel even that are back are not 100 percent.

It's funny. have not even talked about the D, that's is another whole problem in itself. lol.

As per Toronto, let them destroy us tonight, they are 1st round exit fodder. You know what's crazy? They have a slightly higher GA/P than us. Yeah. But They can outscore their goaltending and defense problems unlike us. That doesn't work as much in the playoffs. This is why we need to be patient so we don't half-ass this rebuild and end up like Buffalo, or even Toronto, who live and die by the production of Matthews and their top line.

I want to see this thing through, and will give Verbeek those 2 more years like he said he feels they will be playoff contention bound. I'm not going anywhere. Going to be rough but we are in this together.
The team is objectively less interesting to watch than last season IMO. If not for Minty and JD, I would watch a lot less of the games than I do. There's just very little here to get excited about.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The team is objectively less interesting to watch than last season IMO. If not for Minty and JD, I would watch a lot less of the games than I do. There's just very little here to get excited about.

Yeah I totally get it, for me it's Leo and Zegras mainly. McTavish as well. But Leo is out, Z is not the same as last year, and McTavish like we said has been struggling after such a promising start.

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Last year it was not as bad because you had Zegras racking in points, Terry looked good, McTavish was showing a lot of promise. This year you have Frank Vatrano leading the team in production, that is just not right, Love Frankie but he is supposed to be our depth producer not leading producer. lol. It was also a time to suck, since the Top 3 in the draft were all at least franchise players, and were getting a very good player. This year, it's not even close in the draft,
Celebrini is very good. He’s Jack Hughes level, maybe even better. It definitely drops after that though.

I’m not promoting the tank as that didn’t help us at all last year, but there is a prize for whoever gets 1st overall.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Celebrini is very good. He’s Jack Hughes level, maybe even better. It definitely drops after that though.

I’m not promoting the tank as that didn’t help us at all last year, but there is a prize for whoever gets 1st overall.

It won't be us.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
At least the leafs are on a backend…. We have a chance!

Michigan going to national championship… feeling confident

Ducks win 6-3

Goals from
Fowler, 2x zegras , mctavish, carrick, leason

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

The sabotage job last year was a very calculating one because finishing in the top-3 landed you a #1 overall talent in other drafts. We finished last, which guaranteed us one of those top-3 talents. Speaking of prospects, we had three prospects going pro last year in Mac in the NHL along with F Regenda and D Helleson in the AHL.

This season truly is a developmental season as we have 6 rookies in the NHL and even more than seven rookies in the AHL.

I don't think the Ducks need to win 1st overall because we already have in place C/LW Zegras, C Mac, and C Carlsson in recent drafts at forward. Also, there's Terry. At defense, it feels as though we potentially have four to five top-4 defensemen, though not one a top-4, shutdown D. (Usually, shutdown d-men take a while to develop.)

We could use another top-6 scoring forward talent or a top-end, shutdown D. There's a few offensive forwards in the top-10: WHL's C 6'3 Lindstrom, USNTDP's 6' LW Eiserman, Russian 5'11 LW Demidov, and Liiga's 5'11 C/RW Helenius. No idea if there's a shutdown D in this bunch, but 6'7 Silayev could potentially be, as Steve Ellis from Daily Faceoffs cites, "much more than just a skating skyscraper is tantalizing."

There's a couple of shutdown D that can be had later in the first round/early 2nd round in 6'3 RHD EJ Emery (USNTDP) or 6'3 RHD Charlie Elick (WHL).

Reactions: Leonardo87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad