GDT: Game 37: Anaheim Ducks vs Toronto Maple Leafs, 6pm PT,BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Dostal was incredible, Jones and Drysdale were awesome. Gotta try and type out some positives to get the blood pressure down a bit. That was one of the worst games I've seen Z play in the NHL man. Stinker.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Dostal played good….

But man on leafs broadcast it said we gave up 100+ shot attempts and 50+ shots on net…

That’s unacceptable vs a team on back end

Zegras just giving up possession on a dumb pass to no one…. At least when getzlaf did that stuff he was already a top center in the league

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Dostal played good….

But man on leafs broadcast it said we gave up 100+ shot attempts and 50+ shots on net…

That’s unacceptable vs a team on back end

Zegras just giving up possession on a dumb pass to no one…. At least when getzlaf did that stuff he was already a top center in the league

When the refs put the Leafs on the PP for half the game, those numbers will happen

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
I'm going to be forced to pretty soon when I'm on vacation with shit internet. Probably for the best
I'll be out of the country without wifi for 2 weeks in a couple months, so knowing my luck that's when they'll go on a 15 game win streak and be in the playoff hunt

• Haha
Reactions: ohcomeonref

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Most mad I’ve been at a Ducks game in a long time. Everything about that one besides Dostal has me disgusted. First game against the Leafs since splitting from my Leafs fan ex girlfriend of 6 years while we were planning to get married, last thing I wanted to see was all those fruitcakes in the crowd erupt like that

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Why? This was supposed to be a blowout loss and here we were earning a point only because the Refs screwed up over several times. Otherwise, we should have won 1-0 in regulation.

Tonight was a huge improvement from previous games.
You answered your own question. We are expected to be giving up blowout losses and the refs are still f***ing us over. Neither of those things are entertaining to watch.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Why? This was supposed to be a blowout loss and here we were earning a point only because the Refs screwed up over several times. Otherwise, we should have won 1-0 in regulation.

Tonight was a huge improvement from previous games.
giving up 50+ shots on goal and over 100+ shots attempts is not a huge improvement. this game should have been a lot worse if it wasn't for Dostal.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
What the hell is wrong with Z?
I will charitably say perhaps he feels like he has to carry the team and is trying high risk plays.

Maybe he’s sick of Cronin and wants him gone when I put on the tinfoil hat.

Maybe he’s just an immature idiot is what I really suspect.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Team looked ok but if you showed someone this game with no context and asked who the team was on a back to back, you'd have very few answering Anaheim.

Really need to win those games if they ever want to be taken seriously.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
It’s so blatant that Refs wanted the ducks to lose after we were up by one. They piled on the penalties to ruin Dostal’s shutout. Hard to win when penalties are so lopsided… 5 against 9 just for today. I hope Gudas hammers a shot at the refs this season on a kill… season is over so mind as make a statement since the league won’t do anything.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I will charitably say perhaps he feels like he has to carry the team and is trying high risk plays.

Maybe he’s sick of Cronin and wants him gone when I put on the tinfoil hat.

Maybe he’s just an immature idiot is what I really suspect.
I think it's all three

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
To Toronto fans lurking, if you troll like our members you will be forum banned and given an infraction.

duckhead32686

El Capitan
Feb 17, 2008
Brea, CA
It’s so blatant that Refs wanted the ducks to lose after we were up by one. They piled on the penalties to ruin Dostal’s shutout. Hard to win when penalties are so lopsided… 5 against 9 just for today. I hope Gudas hammers a shot at the refs this season on a kill… season is over so mind as make a statement since the league won’t do anything.
Sure maybe the refs did. But the ducks do themselves no favors getting stuck in the d zone for over a minute constantly. Also the trash zone entries constantly losing possession and the leafs or whoever they play just entering and getting free shots on net. Just bad team that still is poorly coached.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Frankly. I'd rather be Minasota or Calagry then the shit we have had watch going on 5 years. So sick of hearing about the future.

Reactions: dracom

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I can't shit on the team after this one. It wasn't a great performance but when you have the zebras actively working against you to that degree, I don't know you can expect much more

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I’d like to see the stats but we have to be the worst team at creating high danger chances. Everything is from the outside. We need more creators. Outside of Carlsson I don’t know where it is coming from in the future.

The officiating was bad but I don’t see how we’re going to be on the positive side of the penalty differential when we never have the puck. We’re always chasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad