GDT: Game 37: Anaheim Ducks vs Toronto Maple Leafs, 6pm PT,BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Can we get our guys to aim for the refs when they are shooting it around the boards ?
We just give the puck away anyway, might as well start some target practice

• Haha
Reactions: Kalv

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Team still lacks an identity

Unless the identity is not wanting the puck

I also think there is a culture issue

It really does feel as if there are no veteran leaders on this team, which is absolutely incredible to me given that 3-4 guys on the roster spent multiple years around Getzlaf and appear to have picked up nothing.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I will say that it was tense and entertaining tonight at least.

Still pissed beyond belief at the 6PM start, but I feel like I didn’t waste my money today.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
You answered your own question. We are expected to be giving up blowout losses and the refs are still f***ing us over. Neither of those things are entertaining to watch.

giving up 50+ shots on goal and over 100+ shots attempts is not a huge improvement. this game should have been a lot worse if it wasn't for Dostal.

We're constantly being screwed by the refs, so that factor doesn't matter (well, it does). Here's our past two games:

Ducks
Game #Date.OppGFGAGD
35​
29-Dec​
Ari
0​
2​
-2​
36​
31-Dec​
Edm
2​
7​
-5​

If we won 1-0 against the high scoring Leafs team, then you wouldn't complain much. And we're doing this without Carlsson, Terry, Strome, and Gudas. So that's a bullshit complaint.

Here, we played good defense and kept the the Leafs to one PP goal in regulation. A lot of the shots and SOGs weren't in the slot. Quality of shots matter and you've got everyone believing all 100 shots and 50 SOG's were in the slot.

We earned a point. We were robbed of 2 points. We rode our netminder who had to rebuild his confidence after an abysmal Nov and a rollercoaster Dec. I see positives in this game, but I also know we're still struggling to score goals.

But hey, if you two feel more confident losing 0-2 and 2-7, then whatever floats your boat. I'll take the OT point with the refs still screwing us over. Now, OT play was terrible by Z.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Tough when we only score 1 goal

Missing half our top 6, but it’s not even about missing them, it’s that we have had a revolving door of Top 6 forwards in an out all season. No chemistry can be made, or players are rusty and not game shape. If it’s one or two top 6 players all season long then you can get by, but we have had pretty much our entire Top 6 ( Z, Leo, Mac, Terry, Killorn, and now Strome), out at one point, some for a significant time.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I think if Gibson was traded, Dostal could slot in but you'd have to get a very good #2 and if not an even split, it would still need to be like 46/36. He shows he can be really good, but he's still not there with the consistency. I don't see that as a problem at all, but with that said, I think he can still benefit as being the backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad