GDT: Game 34 | Washington Capitals @ Columbus Blue Jackets | 12/21 7PM

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
Somebody’s gotta come up with a nickname for the Russian line…….
Seriously! CBJ community needs to come up something better than the Russian line...this is THE LINE right now and there's something special going on spite this rough year!

Reactions: Marioesque

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
One thing I don’t like. Vincent was very clear to defend Gudbranson after his incident, and is throwing Elvis under the bus here.

I know different situations. But he defended his guy in an emotional outburst the first time. But suddenly Elvis cost the team the game and he can’t control his emotions? Gudbranson did the same thing two weeks ago but the blame was to the refs in Vincent’s eyes.

Not only that, but when the caps won it and spent the next few seconds barking at Elvis as he was leaving the only player who went to bat and barked back with him was Gudbranson.

There is a very clear disconnect with Elvis and the team and it’s heading to divorce imo.
IDK seems like Gudbranson and Elvis are getting along just fine. I think they have what it takes to make it

Bobcat205

addicted to the grind
Sep 22, 2023
your local KFC
The fact that Pascal Vincent had any semblance of success as a head coach at the lower levels with the tactics he pulls and the way he speaks about his players to the media is beyond me.

Reactions: DarkandStormy

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
This photo screams retaliation for next game against the Caps

gettyimages-1865832233-612x612.jpg

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I read the reactions here before I listened to Vincent's postgame interview. I thought there'd be something more there, he didn't seem all that upset with Elvis. Just said he shouldn't have taken the bait from Wilson (accurate), and later praised Elvis and said he played very well (also accurate).

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I read the reactions here before I listened to Vincent's postgame interview. I thought there'd be something more there, he didn't seem all that upset with Elvis. Just said he shouldn't have taken the bait from Wilson (accurate), and later praised Elvis and said he played very well (also accurate).
Its his words.

He said "that incident cost us" and then proceeded to make excuses for Tom Wilson while saying he "cost us the game." He talked before mentioning the incident that he felt they deserved to win the game.

The way I took it was that he was convinced they were going to win the game. We don't know that. We still could have lost in another way.

If you look at it in a similar manner, Gudbranson also cost us the Florida game but Pascal defended him and took the offensive against Cousins and the officiating in his post game. He did not defend Elvis in this moment. He made excuses for Wilson.

2 similar incidents that ended up with the CBJ losing points that were treated differently for 2 different people. People notice this stuff. I think locker rooms notice this stuff.

It's not that what he said didn't have some truth to it. It's how he delivered the message.

Reactions: KJ Dangler

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Its his words.

He said "that incident cost us" and then proceeded to make excuses for Tom Wilson while saying he "cost us the game." He talked before mentioning the incident that he felt they deserved to win the game.

The way I took it was that he was convinced they were going to win the game. We don't know that. We still could have lost in another way.

If you look at it in a similar manner, Gudbranson also cost us the Florida game but Pascal defended him and took the offensive against Cousins and the officiating in his post game. He did not defend Elvis in this moment. He made excuses for Wilson.

2 similar incidents that ended up with the CBJ losing points that were treated differently for 2 different people. People notice this stuff. I think locker rooms notice this stuff.

It's not that what he said didn't have some truth to it. It's how he delivered the message.

I don't see much similarity there. One of our players nearly had his neck broken. The other bit on typical agitator stuff.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Don't really care that Elvis lost his mind since these games dont matter anymore, but my question is whether he can actually handle himself when it's a playoff game. Everyone knows his temper so he'll get targetted hard

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
man people would have really hated Tim Thomas I guess who was emotional and often did this stuff. Rask too, people talk about Bostons culture and a lot of it was on the back of 2 hot headed goalies. I also cant stand listening to Vincent's post game media interviews, maybe I was spoiled by how much I liked Torts but he annoys me as much as Elvis' words appear to annoy others

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
By virtue of his mere existence, Tom Wilson deserves to be pummeled in each and every instance and opportunity.

Unless we find out he was hand-delivering to Elvis a donation to the Matiss Kivlenieks Foundation, I can’t support Elvis’ actions any more strongly.
Understood
But then we should not complain when we lose, right?
the name of the game is to win
you have a 3 on 2 advantage going the other way meaning there is a path to a win in OT
yet we are patting Elvis on the back for pummeling Wilson, which allows Washington a power play and Ovie a chance to score
For me, I am sick and tired of losing so I am pinning this on Elvis for not realizing the situation
But to My fellow fans I say Happy Holidays which I am sure Elvis was saying to Wilson LOL

Last edited:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I don't see much similarity there. One of our players nearly had his neck broken. The other bit on typical agitator stuff.
Semantics. Both players felt another player had been trying to injure him and took justice into their own hands because nobody else would do it earlier in the game. If you listen to Elvis, he thought Wilson was trying to take him out in the crease. Both players snapped when given the opportunity. Both players actions ended up putting the team at a severe disadvantage.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Semantics. Both players felt another player had been trying to injure him and took justice into their own hands because nobody else would do it earlier in the game. If you listen to Elvis, he thought Wilson was trying to take him out in the crease. Both players snapped when given the opportunity. Both players actions ended up putting the team at a severe disadvantage.
Depends on how much you like a player or the team. Same for Washington fans who have defended every Wilson action for years. If Lindgren would have snapped at one of our guys it would have been awesome and good for him standing up for himself but Elvis being on another team means it was an unprovoked attack

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
If you watched Elvis interview , he said Wilson went at his knees with intent to injure . Like it or not , Wilson has that reputation as a dirty player . Pascal divided the locker room last night , and it’s BS .. What did Tarasov just come back from ? I see all sorts of fights from Knee on Knee hits , slewfoots, etc . To justify Gudbranson , and Not Elvis is utter BS

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
No way last night at minimum it shouldn’t have been atleast 1 player each going . Typical NHL screw job , which seems to happen to Columbus quite a bit . Honestly though , I could care less if we lost THIS game .. this season is all about the YOUNG players becoming the identity of this team , and boy are they . By no means is it a finished product , but anyone that can’t see that they are taking play to the best teams like Toronto, carrying play for long stretches … this team has a ton of talent , and it’s going to get dramatically better. There are moves to be made , especially with Veteran players .. they lack that alpha in the room , and Fantilli is growing into that role , but Laine , Gaudreau, Werenski , aren’t going to spark a room, or say guys let’s roll , follow me type players , and that’s my biggest issue with Jarmo, is the veterans he’s assembled with this youth .

Reactions: Napoli

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
No way last night at minimum it shouldn’t have been atleast 1 player each going . Typical NHL screw job , which seems to happen to Columbus quite a bit . Honestly though , I could care less if we lost THIS game .. this season is all about the YOUNG players becoming the identity of this team , and boy are they . By no means is it a finished product , but anyone that can’t see that they are taking play to the best teams like Toronto, carrying play for long stretches … this team has a ton of talent , and it’s going to get dramatically better. There are moves to be made , especially with Veteran players .. they lack that alpha in the room , and Fantilli is growing into that role , but Laine , Gaudreau, Werenski , aren’t going to spark a room, or say guys let’s roll , follow me type players , and that’s my biggest issue with Jarmo, is the veterans he’s assembled with this youth .
We dont have big speech guys but Jenner is the definition of follow my lead. Like you say though we do have some kids coming up with leadership qualities. Some of our best young players too which is nice. Fantilli, Jiricek and Mateychuk are all players I wouldnt be surprised to see with letters on their jerseys someday

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Well…..we stretched our record to 0-2 in games where a Jacket loses their mind. Now on to Saturday.

Last edited:
Reactions: tchigo

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
We dont have big speech guys but Jenner is the definition of follow my lead. Like you say though we do have some kids coming up with leadership qualities. Some of our best young players too which is nice. Fantilli, Jiricek and Mateychuk are all players I wouldnt be surprised to see with letters on their jerseys someday
Maybe 🤔… I’ve watched this team not show up many a night since Boone was named captain ... former Stanley Cup champs that can lead a young team is invaluable . Doesn’t mean he needs to be a captain , but young guys really buy into guys that have won it all , lead by example , doing things the right way .

Reactions: VT

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Maybe 🤔… I’ve watched this team not show up many a night since Boone was named captain ... former Stanley Cup champs that can lead a young team is invaluable . Doesn’t mean he needs to be a captain , but young guys really buy into guys that have won it all , lead by example , doing things the right way .
Ive seen every team thats existed in my lifetime have many a night they didnt show up, thats life and thats sports. I think sometimes there are delusions of what a captain is and how much a captain can accomplish everyday. Ive said before it wouldnt be bad if we had another Dubinsky style guy in the room but thats not because Jenner is bad, just adds to what we have. Jenner is not the issue or even an issue, 31 other teams and coaches would love to have Boone Jenner

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
No way last night at minimum it shouldn’t have been atleast 1 player each going . Typical NHL screw job , which seems to happen to Columbus quite a bit .
I must have missed the part where they gave Elvis the match penalty for punching with the blocker that’s in the rule book.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I have zero problem with anything Pascal Vincent said last night. He was right. Tom Wilson may be a pain in the ass, but you still have to stay in your shoes. You can’t just flip out over nothing. Besides, Vincent didn’t rip him a new a$$hole; it was a mild, milquetoast criticism.

Now, let me also say that if Elvis genuinely believed that there was an attempt to injure him, I’m not going to shred him for sticking up for himself. But he seemed to indicate that the attempt in question happened earlier, so why did he wait until OT to react?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad