GDT: Game 31: Avs @ Wild | 6 PM MT | December 20, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I bet you if they switched teams, MacKinnon would have more points than Coyle. Can't really judge players not producing to their capabilities on a last place team

I get that. I just hoped at some point we were drafting players who could propel the offense instead of riding sidecar. Not that that's MacKinnon per se, but I'd sure love to have someone who could see a slump and throw his team on his back.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
If there's one game I want a win for before Christmas, this would be it, and I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy.

Bring it home tonight Avs.

Avs 4
Wild 1
GWG: Mackinnon

EDIT: Congratulations to Soderberg - 200 games straight. No mean feat by any stretch of the imagination.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
oh great, I don't get altitude 2 in salt lake, but GCL thinks I do. time to go find kittens

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Altitude talking about Playoff hopes.

Come on guys...

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Altitude talking about Playoff hopes.

Come on guys...

IKR. And how this player, and that players games have come together. :laugh: Referring to Landeskog's last 5 games, and his 0 goals, 1 assist and minus 5 (obviously) hahaha

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Wild fan here.

This feels like a trap game for the Wild: on a 7 game win streak, upcoming back to back @Habs/@Rags, it's about time for the annual Dec/Jan slump to start, and Iginla the Wild killer. Plus the Avs players seem to hate the Wild, and the Wild are meh towards the Avs.

El Travo

Aug 11, 2015
We're all going to look pretty silly when the Avs go undefeated from here to the end of the season and bring home Stan Lee's Cup.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Wild fan here.

This feels like a trap game for the Wild: on a 7 game win streak, upcoming back to back @Habs/@Rags, it's about time for the annual Dec/Jan slump to start, and Iginla the Wild killer. Plus the Avs players seem to hate the Wild, and the Wild are meh towards the Avs.

Welcome mate. Have to admit, my dislike of the Wild come from Matt Cooke on Tyson Barrie in those p/o's. The things with Avs, we are a little Jeckyl & Hyde. On our day, we can beat anyone. Just need to hold it together and play balls to the wall.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
"starts like this protect against having slow starts" minny might have worse announcers than we do

El Travo

Aug 11, 2015
It took 2.5 minutes for the puck to even pass the Minny blue line and it was a dump in.

It's going to be a fun game.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
The only extended offensive zone time is from Z carrying it from one end to another.

Duchene had the brutal turnover just before Varly made that big save.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm sure there's lots of negatives if you wanna be that person but here's my take on the first 10 minutes. If the Avs lost every game for the rest of the season but played like they are in this game I would greatly look forward to watching them play every night.

This is fun hockey. The guys are breaking out together and actually setting up in the ozone. It's enjoyable to watch and that's all I ask right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad