GDT: Game 31: Avs @ Wild | 6 PM MT | December 20, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
haha Rants is third in scoring on our team? Wow normally that would bring me joy but the kid missed a bnch of games to start the season not to mention his first 5-6 games nobody could score off his feeds. Imagine if his teamamtes converted on even half of them haha. Good for Rants but damn thats sad.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I hate the Wild, but Avs have managed to suck the fun out of this whole rivalry thing where i would normally look forward to seeing the Avs beating them. I just don't have it in me to cheer for this team right now knowing that there is like 2% chance they'll beat the Wild tonight, but even if they somehow did, they'll lose the next game anyway.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I hate the Wild, but Avs have managed to suck the fun out of this whole rivalry thing where i would normally look forward to seeing the Avs beating them. I just don't have it in me to cheer for this team right now knowing that there is like 2% chance they'll beat the Wild tonight, but even if they somehow did, they'll lose the next game anyway.

With the **** season we are having we can atleast cheer for the little things like beating the Wild, A rantanen/Mackinnon/Zadorov point in games. Thats pretty much where the fun ends though. I'll never under any circumstance get tired of beating any team in the Central most of all the wild, beating the Oilers and beating Detroit

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
With the **** season we are having we can atleast cheer for the little things like beating the Wild, A rantanen/Mackinnon/Zadorov point in games. Thats pretty much where the fun ends though. I'll never under any circumstance get tired of beating any team in the Central most of all the wild, beating the Oilers and beating Detroit

We should cheer McLeod, Iginla, Bourque and other veterans putting up points, so we can get better pick for them! Go Vets! :laugh::popcorn:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

Fair enough, but all i can bring myself to care about this season is young players improving which isn't easy on a last place team but still, they need Zadorov, Rantanen etc.. to progress.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
From Avs website

Projected Lineup

Gabriel Landeskog--Nathan MacKinnon--Rene Bourque
Mikko Rantanen--Matt Duchene--Jarome Iginla
Mikhail Grigorenko--Carl Soderberg--Blake Comeau
Cody McLeod--John Mitchell--Joe Colborne

Nikita Zadorov--Tyson Barrie
Francois Beauchemin--Patrick Wiercioch
Fedor Tyutin--Cody Goloubef

Semyon Varlamov
Calvin Pickard

No marty or gelly.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
From Avs website

Projected Lineup

Semyon Varlamov
Calvin Pickard

No marty or gelly.

Once again the line shuffling takes place. Gotta love the Bednar Blender. He's like an addict who can't control his addiction and needs more.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Charlie Coyle has more points than Nathan MacKinnon

child_depression_orginal.jpg

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I hate our roster.

Landeskog- Mac makes sense because those 2 guys basically have to play together if you want to create any semblance of a shutdown line (Duchene and Landy don't really have chemistry). So that leads to Rantanen getting moved off of Macs wing because you simply can't completely screw over Duchene and give him Iginla and Bourque (Iggy shouldn't be there in the first place but still).

And on defense without EJ it is basically the choice between pest and cholera.

Zads-Barrie on paper is the best pairing and I am glad that they are finally together but those two guys playing 25 minutes against the top competition (I mean you don't want the other pairings to face it either) is going to be ugly.

The third line looks solid on paper (for Avs low standards) but are also probably a trainwreck waiting to happen.

I hate the Bednar blender. But honestly he really is doomed anyways.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
From Avs website

Projected Lineup

Semyon Varlamov
Calvin Pickard

No marty or gelly.

Thanks for posting. The DP didn't go on this trip so nice for the Avs to share it. It's good to get soda out of the doghouse and I do t think Marty needed to play every game either. Stacking the top line was fun but it made Duchene's line useless. Let's hope this looks better. Z-Barrie could be fun too.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Since this is obviously a top-heavy team out of necessity, I'd just as soon see Soderberg back in the top 6 - ideally with Landeskog but if that isn't possible then plug him into Iginla's spot on Duchene's wing.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Charlie Coyle has more points than Nathan MacKinnon

child_depression_orginal.jpg

I bet you if they switched teams, MacKinnon would have more points than Coyle. Can't really judge players not producing to their capabilities on a last place team

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Wait is that projected line-up official? Because Iggy being back in the top six makes it an easy decision to skip this game, we're going backwards here.

I don't enjoy watching being outshot/outplayed game after game, especially hate it when it's against the Wild.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Wait is that projected line-up official? Because Iggy being back in the top six makes it an easy decision to skip this game, we're going backwards here.

I don't enjoy watching being outshot/outplayed game after game, especially hate it when it's against the Wild.

I'm assuming Bednar is hoping Iginla has been in his "late starter" phase and will get it going after his goal last game.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
It is just sad that Russo became our biggest rival, he is even bigger than the pathetic Wild, just shows how insignificant we've become.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Dater's gone full Dater

That's an understatement. Wow what a jackass. I respect Dater than most do because of his connections with the team. He often tells the truth. But then he gets on with this crap and I just go back to hating him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad