Post-Game Talk: Game 29 - Bruins now have lost eleven in a row to Caps - Washington 5 BRUINS 3 F

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Could have easily put up a 5 or 6 spot and won IMO. Holtby was great again. Back-to-back.... hard to argue the effort or performance. Would still like to see more physicality and snarl. I would pay good money to see guys like Orpik and Wilson put in their place. I expect a little more from Miller and Acciari in the physical department. I appreciate the 40 year old Chara going after Wilson early (which I think played a role in keeping him quiet), but he won't be around forever.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Totally agree! Unless the NHL can look at plays like that and also the 2 on 1 hit to Marchand into the boards with no helmet, needless injuries will never be eliminated from the game. I don't care if both players didn't get their gloves off, they were on the way to it when the third man grabbed Marchand from behind. That's like shooting someone in the back and claiming self-defense. That player (can't remember the name) should have gotten an unsportsmanlike penalty. If it doesn't fit the description of the penalty then again it is up to the league to figure it out. FFS the league has been in business for over a hundred years and can't figure out ***** like this? Nonsensicle!

That player was Wilson.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Could have easily put up a 5 or 6 spot and won IMO. Holtby was great again. Back-to-back.... hard to argue the effort or performance. Would still like to see more physicality and snarl. I would pay good money to see guys like Orpik and Wilson put in their place. I expect a little more from Miller and Acciari in the physical department. I appreciate the 40 year old Chara going after Wilson early (which I think played a role in keeping him quiet), but he won't be around forever.

Wouldn't you know the bruins play the caps in two weeks the second game of a back to back.:shakehead

Chara had a lot to do with Wilson being invisible for the most part of the game but a snake is a snake.He wouldn't fight Chara but he still jumped Marchand from behind when Marchy was already engaged.

The Bs do need some snarl but some one who can play the game, id love me some Nick Ritchie. He's player who a change of scenery could do him good and is exactly what the Bruins need on their 4th line.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
2 nites in a row give up a short handed goal.I live in Calgary and Alex Chiasson is a bad hockey player or should I say not a player I consider top 6. When he is allowed to dominate in front of your net you need a serious talk with your defence .Bruins defence was exploited tonite bigtime.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Wouldn't you know the bruins play the caps in two weeks the second game of a back to back.:shakehead

Chara had a lot to do with Wilson being invisible for the most part of the game but a snake is a snake.He wouldn't fight Chara but he still jumped Marchand from behind when Marchy was already engaged.

The Bs do need some snarl but some one who can play the game, id love me some Nick Ritchie. He's player who a change of scenery could do him good and is exactly what the Bruins need on their 4th line.
Caps will be playing a back to back also that night . I don’t recall the Bruins getting as many clean cut chances as they did tonight in a long time against Washington. Oh well , the Leafs lost tonight .

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Caps will be playing a back to back also that night . I don’t recall the Bruins getting as many clean cut chances as they did tonight in a long time against Washington. Oh well , the Leafs lost tonight .

Bruins will be facing Leafs if they make playoffs is a good bet .You play soft vs them your cooked too.They beat Bruins last 6 times.Bruins take penalties no matter what it seems.Better off taking them being nasty and letting opponents know your going to bleed you get in front our net .Especially a soft team like leafs.If not pack your bags.Leafs and Caps both have better finishers..Just my take .

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I had to miss this one because sleep takes priority when working two 12 hour shifts in a row but looking at the box score I’m kind of shocked they got 3 by Holtby. And Marchand and Pasta continue their point streaks.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Caps have had the Bruins number now going back 6 years now. The B's simply do not match up well against them.

Funny thing is Bruins fans don't place the Caps in 'hated rival' territory like we do with the Rangers, Flyers and Penguins. The teams have only met 3 times in the playoffs ( 1990, 1998 and 2012 ) and the Caps have won 2 of the 3 matchups.

1998 was painful and the then Fleet Center was in riot mode after a brutal Game 3 loss

While the series went to six games, three of which went to overtime, before the Bruins were knocked out of their first-round matchup against the Washington Capitals, it will best be remembered around here for the double overtime loss in Game 3.

P.J. Axelsson had a goal disallowed in the first overtime period because of Tim Taylor's toe being in the crease and the Capitals went on to win it in the second overtime on Joe Juneau's goal. That has left a bitter taste in the mouth of president/general manager Harry Sinden, who said after that game that his club had been cheated out of a victory.

"That's a very unfortunate happening," Sinden said yesterday when asked if he felt that the series will be remembered for that one contest. "The thing that disappoints me more about Game 3 is not that we were the victims of it and the ones who suffered through it. I thought I observed a coverup by the league on what happened in that situation. I just thought that what was out there was that game should've ended there {on Axelsson's goal}. And when it didn't end it there, it had to be covered up in some way." Asked how he felt it was covered up, Sinden said, "By saying {referee Paul Devorski} made the right call {to go upstairs to the video replay rather than call it on the ice}." Sinden said he wasn't accusing anyone of anything but that he was just offering his thoughts on the situation. "I said I think there's a coverup here as to what the intent was on that particular call," he said. "That's just me thinking, that's just my sour grapes on that particular game.

"In that third game, there was an implied impression among the officials, that an example like that should be faced off at center ice and not go upstairs. I think when it wasn't, that the fact that I thought it was implied, maybe it was never implied, maybe I'm totally wrong, but I thought what was implied was covered up." Sinden said he wants to get rid of the video goal judge and leave it to the referee on calls on whether a player is in the crease.

"I thought that's where we were at if you watched the last two months of the season because you didn't see them going upstairs," he said. "Only to find out, that's not where we were at. I asked the commissioner {Gary Bettman} about it and he said the referee screwed up on the one in Dallas and he was perfect on the one in Boston."

When asked what his response was, Sinden said, "What can I say? He's the commissioner." Work to do

Sure we can grumble about the fact that the Caps were in Boston watching the B's play in Detroit but those things even out. The Rangers play tonight at home and then fly to Boston for an early start on Saturday.

I can't explain the Caps total dominance the past 6 years but it is what it is.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Couldnt catch the game but from the highlights looks like defense had a rough night.

Need to find a way to beat this team, this is not cool.

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
they scored 3? my dvr cut out when it was still 4-1, and i already felt like they were the better team. that's maybe the first time i remember thinking that when they played the Caps in forever. and that Mac to Gryz chance was impressive.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The B's deserved better. Holtby is definitely in their heads and he is so ridiculously confident against us. I thought the effort was excellent and truly believe that the B's can and will beat the Caps this season. I agree that Wilson should have been thrown out of the game - such a dangerous situation. Orpik was being his usual dirty self too.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Seriously, what kind of voodoo black magic curse has Holtby put up on the B's that has them NEVER getting the better of him??!

Whatever it is, I hate it.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Bruins were the better team by far even though it was back to back nights, The Bruins dominated at times, Caps got some lucky breaks too, take away the SHG and empty netter and the game is tied, also we hit 3 posts and missed on some great chances that players could not get the pass or missed the net, could have easily been about 6-2 for Boston. The only guy I thought had a rough night was Carlo, he was responsible for at least two goals, has to clear the crease or at least cover the man in front better.

Reactions: Ladyfan

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
No excuses.Bruins defence could use a good vet who plays tough vs skilled players..Alexi Emelin type player.I know I know.Just an example.
I'd like to see them trade for a guy like McQuaid- tough guy who can pound Wilson, maybe been in a couple of Cup finals, good vet who would be a good teammate

Not sure who's available like that but that's what I would be looking for if GM

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Death, taxes...

bh_Dec152017_A072.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad