Post-Game Talk: Game 28 B's keep grinding and bank 2 points - BRUINS 3 Detroit 2 F/OT

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The Bruins showed fight and the will to win when it mattered the most. The Bergeron line is just so elite.

Rask looked solid tonight.

I think Bjork needs to take a seat upstairs for a game or two. He's been fighting it since his return IMO.
If it works for him like it did for DeBrusk, I'd be all for it.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
The Bruins showed fight and the will to win when it mattered the most. The Bergeron line is just so elite.

Rask looked solid tonight.

I think Bjork needs to take a seat upstairs for a game or two. He's been fighting it since his return IMO.

I'm wondering whether Bjork could use some time in Providence. What do you and others think about that?

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
Infuriating game for the most part. Despite Pasta and Acciari's goals, Marchy, Krug, and Rask would easily be my three stars. Marchy with an unreal pass, then a ridiculous game winner in OT. Such a competitor! Krug potentially saved a couple goals with massive defensive plays, and made some great passes. Tuukka was on point yet again and kept the Bs in it. Needed those two points with the Caps on tap next. Love that this team doesn't give up and keeps grinding until the end.

I find almost every game against the Red Wings infuriating. Can't remember the last time I was looking forward to a Bruins-Red Wings game.

Very happy with the 2 points but they will need to be much better against the Caps tomorrow.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
63 Putting away that goal was huge. Bruins should have handle'd Detroit; but the late goal and the OT win are a sign of resilience.

Bruins were very sluggish for most of the game, but finally woke up just in time.

giphy.gif

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I'm wondering whether Bjork could use some time in Providence. What do you and others think about that?
The 2nd line isn’t strong enough now with him on it . I don’t know about sending him down to Providence but he could use a game or two upstairs watching . If Spooner is ready to go tomorrow, I would slide him in with Krejci and Debrusk .

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
If it works for him like it did for DeBrusk, I'd be all for it.

Yup. His injury came at a bad time and he hasn't recovered yet.

Let him take a rest for a game. He's overthinking things, I saw 2-3 times tonight where he either forced a pass when he had an open shot or hesitated going into the zone. Pre-injury he was a wizard with the puck. I think he's just lacking confidence right now, and DeBrusk has been on a roll since he got a game off. Would like to see that.

I wouldn't send him right to Providence, he has the most offensive talent and is the most ready out of all of our offensive rookies. If he needs a few weeks there, that's fine, but it's too early to do that now IMO.

pineapplestastegood

Oct 4, 2017
If Pastrnak doesn't improve dramatically at any other aspect of hockey other than offense, the Bruins will never win anything with him playing top minutes. Yes he scored the tying goal, blah blah blah. I have never seen someone so offensively talented, who is as clueless as he is when it comes to thinking about the rest of the game. He doesn't have to be Bergeron, but just don't be SUCH a liability.

huoh

Dec 13, 2017
Woke up way too early and couldn't catch sleep anymore, figured I'd hop in and watch the last minutes of the game even though they were one down with a frustrating points loss to Detroit on the works. Welp...
That pass was amazing

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
If Pastrnak doesn't improve dramatically at any other aspect of hockey other than offense, the Bruins will never win anything with him playing top minutes. Yes he scored the tying goal, blah blah blah. I have never seen someone so offensively talented, who is as clueless as he is when it comes to thinking about the rest of the game. He doesn't have to be Bergeron, but just don't be SUCH a liability.
Little extreme don’t you think. He is not solid defensively but he isn’t exactly poor either. If you are looking at the short handed goal, how many 21 year old forwards in the NHL would have played that any different, or veterans for that matter. For me I will gladly take his defensive lapses as long as he continues the offence, he is loaded in that department.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad