Post-Game Talk: Game 28 B's keep grinding and bank 2 points - BRUINS 3 Detroit 2 F/OT

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Rask sure is playing well .Good time for him to read the papers and really get confident . Such a treat to watch these young players Bruins have now. .Feels like team is heading in a nice direction.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
No he isn't. Seguin was actually pretty damn good defensively. He was great at stealing the puck and getting back, and more importantly, his hockey sense was/is miles ahead of Pastrnak. In the 2013 playoffs Seguin didn't score at all but his defensive play was actually really solid.

I completely disagree and I'm not dismissing the offensive part of his game, it's why he's valuable. And it's fine to be one dimensional, as long as that one dimension is consistent enough (he is) and you aren't a liability elsewhere (which right now, at this point, he is).

I really disagree, I watch almost every single game and I don't think he's made much progress, if any, away from the puck.

Just because it's negative, doesn't mean it's wrong.

I am giving him time to develop, where did I say to get rid of him or anything like that? I don't know why some people get so offended when you make valid criticisms of Bruins players. Doesn't it get boring to be such a homer? I'm not even saying that as an insult, but wouldn't you rather be a little more objective, and actually be able to fairly have a conversation about players weaknesses?

Right now, there is no point in rooting for the Bruins to lose. Yes if I had it my way they would completely bottom out, and get rid of Rask, Chara, ,etc. but Rask getting shelled tonight isn't going to lead them to trading him. In the midst of his freefall in November, we were moving to that point, but since then he's played better and there's no chance right now. Believe me, if I'm rooting against the Bruins, you'll know it.

Loui Eriksson is on my mount rushmore of most hated players to ever come through here. What a nothing.

Where did I say no other top scorers in the league get burned defensively? Where did I say I wanted to get rid of him? Try to be objective and see the points of views of others. If you disagree, fine. But don't just make up arguments based on things that weren't even said.
Apparently my Eriksson for Seguin inference went over your head. Seguin was traded for Eriksson for whatever deficiencies the Bruins saw in him despite his enormous offensive upside and where did that get us. You said and I quote "If he continues to play this poorly defencively, the Bruins will never win with him as a top line player." My point is you are putting too much emphesis on his defensive mistakes as though no other offensive players make mistakes. Try to remember, he could be playing in the AHL or in College Hockey like most kids his age but no, here he is already with 200 nhl games and 151 nhl points under his belt. So my point is, if he makes the odd mistake, cut him some slack and stop saying ridiculous things like the Bruins will never win with him in their lineup.

pineapplestastegood

Oct 4, 2017
Apparently my Eriksson for Seguin inference went over your head. Seguin was traded for Eriksson for whatever deficiencies the Bruins saw in him despite his enormous offensive upside and where did that get us. You said and I quote "If he continues to play this poorly defencively, the Bruins will never win with him as a top line player." My point is you are putting too much emphesis on his defensive mistakes as though no other offensive players make mistakes. Try to remember, he could be playing in the AHL or in College Hockey like most kids his age but no, here he is already with 200 nhl games and 151 nhl points under his belt. So my point is, if he makes the odd mistake, cut him some slack and stop saying ridiculous things like the Bruins will never win with him in their lineup.
No, nothing went over my head, that wasn't why they traded him. They traded him because of off ice issues, his defensive play was well above average for someone with his offensive prowess.

I never said no other offensive players make mistakes, you're creating a strawman. It's not that he makes mistakes, it's that he's a complete liability out there. It's not too much to ask to have a top line player just not be a complete liability if he's going to be playing top line minutes. If he doesn't improve, yes they will not win anything with him playing top line minutes. He was arguably their worst player in the playoffs last year. I would cut him some slack if I saw he was making any improvements whatsoever, but he hasn't in my opinion.

Also, the actual quote was "If Pastrnak doesn't improve dramatically at any other aspect of hockey other than offense, the Bruins will never win anything with him playing top minutes."

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Also, the actual quote was "If Pastrnak doesn't improve dramatically at any other aspect of hockey other than offense, the Bruins will never win anything with him playing top minutes."
It's kind of a foolish statement. Pastrnak is a perfect fit for Bergeron and Marchand. A one dementional offensive player on the most dominant defensive line is a recipe for success.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Only watched the first 2 periods 9pm start here, but was really impressed with McAvoy, made a great defensive play stopping Mantha and then on the offensive he drew everyone to him looked like was ready to shoot and then finds Chara with a deft no look pass for an open shot on goal.

On another note I really hate listening to Mike Emrick, his is just too whiny and monotone, Jack may have his quirks, but he describes the play by play much better. I know some of you don't like Mcquire, I don't mind him he is usually pretty kind towards the Bruins, take him any day over some of the twits on Canadian channels like Glenn Healy, Greg Millen and Mike Johnston.

Reactions: zaYG

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
YEAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! (just watched it) YYYYEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Kudos to Butch for the early pull.

and a hearty LOL@Pasta complainers.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Waitress sees Bruins hat and is not amused

25353600_10213865045073000_8492085189760950769_n.jpg

Killer B

Honey Badger don't care
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
Thought I'd stop in an read about the B's stealing victory from the jaws of defeat. Instead I'm treated to someone complaining about what a bad player Pasta is? Good grief, this place is nuts...

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Meh. It's similar to the old candy cane job Kessel use to do.

edit: I think he has a different one now that's similar to the candy can job Kessel use to. The one in the video is from last year.
Right. Point is, he doesn’t care.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
The announcers got on Pastrnak for not drifting back on that shorty but in all reality he should have just committed even more at the blue line to stop that play on the vine. He wasn't catching Larkin.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Wally, would it be possible for you to hit the hay around 7:30 tonight?

LOL!
I wouldn't rule it out.

Brad Marchand scores in overtime to lift Bruins - The Boston Globe

DETROIT — Snow fell through the night here on Wednesday evening, and ultimately it was a late avalanche triggered by the Bruins that snowed under the Red Wings.
After David Pastrnak pulled the Bruins into a 2-2 tie with only 1:26 remaining in regulation and Tuukka Rask pulled for an extra skater, Brad Marchand zipped up ice on a two-on-one break and popped home a backhander with 35 seconds gone in overtime to hand the Bruins a 3-2 victory over the Winged Wheels at Little Caesars Arena

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->