GDT: Game 27- Hurricanes @ Sharks - 7:30 PM PST

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Really like Tierney's game tonight, and this year.

Can't believe some wanted to get rid of Goodrow. Guy can kill penalties, plays with sandpaper and can skate. Perfect 4th liner.

Tierney's taken a step this year, I think. Not a huge leap, but he looks like a legit 3C now. And yea, Goodrow has added good energy to the lineup. Him and Ward have looked great together.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Let's see.

I've certainly seen worse teams than this make a deep playoff run, assuming another scorer (and maybe a secondary scorer) is acquired. And goaltenders that are worse than Jones have certainly had hot streaks in the playoffs before.

For what it's worth, no matter what happens after this year, I think for now, you have to go for it this season. All bets are off if the team stumbles down the stretch, but you have to go for it this year if the team is in a playoff spot.
They have the cap space to make waves. Hope they do go for it. Assets can always be reacquired later.

Reactions: Bleedred

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Also is no one going to question Burns’ hair? Just awful.

It has been roundly decried.

Tierney's taken a step this year, I think. Not a huge leap, but he looks like a legit 3C now. And yea, Goodrow has added good energy to the lineup. Him and Ward have looked great together.

goody doing goody things ... i still say i am surprised it took him this long to make the team.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

I’m definitely sold on Tierney as a 3C now. It’s huge to get Hertl into the top-6 without worrying about the third line being a tire fire.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
I truly wonder if some of the people on here were upset when that goal went in...I really do get being realistic and questioning how good this team really is, but the negativity from some is just getting tired.

Anyways I'm glad I kept watching even though I wasn't live and was real tempted to look up the score lol

LA Shark

Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
I’m definitely sold on Tierney as a 3C now. It’s huge to get Hertl into the top-6 without worrying about the third line being a tire fire.

Agreed. Now we just need to get Donskoi back so we can get Karlsson off that line.

Also thought the Thornton line looked great with Labanc in the 3rd.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
DeBoer called Tierney out by name after the Edmonton series then management lowballed him on his contract. He's responded in the right way. Trained with Gary Roberts in the offseason, who is a fitness and dietary freak. Came into camp 10 lbs heavier in muscle mass and it's showing.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I truly wonder if some of the people on here were upset when that goal went in...I truly do get being realistic and questioning how good this team really is, but the negativity from some is just getting tired.

Anyways I'm glad I kept watching even though I wasn't live and was real tempted to look up the score lol

I just don’t understand how people can be Sharks fans and not at least feel a little joy when they win. Even in 2015 when I was actively rooting for a tank, I still felt happy watching the Sharks win.

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
Not taking anything away from Timo, although he still needs some time, but Banc'r is a much better fit on that top line.

I've been waiting for a couple of years for Barclay to get his chance. It was obvious in the two pre-season games I saw this year that he had made major strides in improving his game. Hopefully PDB realizes the same and keeps him up going forward!

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Hansen, Tierney, Goodrow, and Sorensen had a great game. Glad they mixed up their strategy in the offensive zone. More shots on the rush please!!

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Not taking anything away from Timo, although he still needs some time, but Banc'r is a much better fit on that top line.

I've been waiting for a couple of years for Barclay to get his chance. It was obvious in the two pre-season games I saw this year that he had made major strides in improving his game. Hopefully PDB realizes the same and keeps him up going forward!

LeBanc looked good tonight for a period with them. I think due to how wide open the game was.

LA Shark

Feb 18, 2017
Southern California

I want to agree, and they certainly looked good tonight, but I'm not 100% sold that Labanc deserves to stay on that top line. I'm one of his biggest fans, but I have to admit at times he has looked pretty bad this year. I'm starting to think that they might actually be right and his confidence gets shaky. Tonight he was playing with confidence and looked great. But he def has been inconsistent this year.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They have the cap space to make waves. Hope they do go for it. Assets can always be reacquired later.
This could be Thornton's last year here, or at least his second to last, this could be Pavelski's second to last (really shouldn't be re-signed but that's for a different topic), Couture is having a pretty good season, and Jones has probably been the best player on the team. So this is a team that could win a round, maybe two, maybe even more, with more scoring and a hot goalie. This is also a year where the playoffs are certainly attainable in the Pacific and anything can go. I think the Knights are not as good as their record. They might have already done enough to make the playoffs, barring a catastrophic fall and a big winning streak from the Ducks, after they get bodies back. I don't think Vancouver is getting in at the end. Calgary is a disappointment this year. I was expecting Edmonton to at least by a wild card team, but I think the last month really buried them, when they still had a chance.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

Labanc needs to be more decisive. He's ending plays because he's thinking too much.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose

I suppose. But I hope we don't shunt Timo to the 4th line again. They might as well just send him down for a bit if they were going to do that. Top 6 minutes beats only playing 10 mins a night

I thought he looked good though, those chances were just unlucky tho

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I want to agree, and they certainly looked good tonight, but I'm not 100% sold that Labanc deserves to stay on that top line. I'm one of his biggest fans, but I have to admit at times he has looked pretty bad this year. I'm starting to think that they might actually be right and his confidence gets shaky. Tonight he was playing with confidence and looked great. But he def has been inconsistent this year.

I agree with this.

LA Shark

Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Labanc needs to be more decisive. He's ending plays because he's thinking too much.

Agreed. I see so much potential in his game, but his mind is really holding him back at this point imo. I do think that's something that can get better if he sees a few find the back of the net.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I suppose. But I hope we don't shunt Timo to the 4th line again. They might as well just send him down for a bit if they were going to do that. Top 6 minutes beats only playing 10 mins a night

I thought he looked good though, those chances were just unlucky tho

I don't think they will. They shouldn't. He's always around the puck in the neutral zone and o-zone. Creates space for Pavs too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad