GDT: Game 27- Hurricanes @ Sharks - 7:30 PM PST

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
So basically you think we should keep Wilson and defend all the coaches, just like you defended T-Mac all the time? How about Spott? You can't defend him at this point, two power play goals in a game be damned. If you have such a problem with what I'm saying, I'm gonna assume you enjoy this direction, or else you wouldn't be calling me out.

How's T-Mac doing in Edmonton? Looks like he was nothing more than a product of a stacked Sharks team over here for years....

Wilson has been here for 15 years at the end of this season.... It's time.

Now saying he's a bad GM or that he's always been terrible, but 15 years is a very long time in the NHL.

Winning is overrated. Change for changes sake is better.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
So basically you think we should keep Wilson and defend all the coaches, just like you defended T-Mac all the time? How about Spott? You can't defend him at this point, two power play goals in a game be damned. If you have such a problem with what I'm saying, I'm gonna assume you enjoy this direction, or else you wouldn't be calling me out.

How's T-Mac doing in Edmonton? Looks like he was nothing more than a product of a stacked Sharks team over here for years....

Now saying he's a bad GM or that he's always been terrible, but 15 years is a very long time in the NHL.

One doesn’t have to disagree with you to be somewhat bored and/or annoyed that you do indeed post an identical monologue in every GDT.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah. Sommer won't work here. I'm just thinking our options. I'm not very in the know about coaches outside the NHL, but maybe we can take a chance on those
Honestly, I want Wilson gone before a new head coach is hired.

He needs to go, he shouldn't be allowed to fire DeBoer and pick another coach before he's gone. So I'll wait until he's gone, before going over some of the candidates. Besides, someone that's not available right now, might be available by next season.

No need to fire the coach right now, And I'm not a DeBoer fan, but keep him for the rest of the season, barring a really bad losing streak later on and hiring an interim.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Burns on TV postgame interview:

- it's a tough league, they come hard, it's not the start we wanted, it's a big win coming back and sticking together, it was fun
- [on his goal] started with Jumbo making a great play in the D zone coming to help, 3 on 3 you just go everywhere, it's fun playing with those guys 3-on-3
- [on 1st intermission] you got a lot of game left, you gotta start worrying about yourself, getting yourself going, playing for the next guy, and it goes from there, I think Goody started it off with a great block in the 2nd, obviously he got a big shortie for his in the 3rd there, it was just fun

Was distracted by the TV stuff, so all I caught (I think) was the final part about Goodrow saying this when asked about his goal: "[Hansen] had a great poised play to get the puck over to me, just tried to get the shot off as quick as I could

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One doesn’t have to disagree with you to be somewhat bored and/or annoyed that you do indeed post an identical monologue in every GDT.
I haven't even called for Wilson's firing (on this forum or in a GDT at least) in a couple weeks!

You can bet that I have in my mind!:nod:

He's the same guy that kept calling me out for bashing T-Mac after choke job after choke job. It's looking like in Edmonton, he was part of the problem here after so many years.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
Honestly, I want Wilson gone before a new head coach is hired.

He needs to go, he shouldn't be allowed to fire DeBoer and pick another coach before he's gone. So I'll wait until he's gone, before going over some of the candidates. Besides, someone that's not available right now, might be available by next season.

No need to fire the coach right now, And I'm not a DeBoer fan, but keep him for the rest of the season, barring a really bad losing streak later on and hiring an interim.
Interim Head Coach Steve Spott. That's one way to get him off the PP :sarcasm:

Reactions: Bleedred

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

I don't care what happens with Wilson and I defended TMac but it was his time to go. If they fire Wilson they fire Wilson. I have a bigger issue with Burke and his stubborness moreso than DW. Thats what ultimately will get him canned.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Really like Tierney's game tonight, and this year.

Can't believe some wanted to get rid of Goodrow. Guy can kill penalties, plays with sandpaper and can skate. Perfect 4th liner.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Interim Head Coach Steve Spott. That's one way to get him off the PP :sarcasm:
Now he's definitely one coach that I think should be gone soon, like before the season ends.

Now of course, assistants are usually not fired without a head coach being fired first, at least not mid-season.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I haven't even called for Wilson's firing (on this forum or in a GDT at least) in a couple weeks!

You can bet that I have in my mind!:nod:

I’m not so sure I believe that, but at the very least can you let the rest of us enjoy an incredible comeback win before doubling down on how much you hate everyone in the organization? I agree with you in general but I’m not trying to complain about it after an incredibly fun and exciting win.

Reactions: Bleedred and slocal

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’m not so sure I believe that, but at the very least can you let the rest of us enjoy an incredible comeback win before doubling down on how much you hate everyone in the organization? I agree with you in general but I’m not trying to complain about it after an incredibly fun and exciting win.
Fair enough.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Well that last hour bombed in my face. I missed the come back. This team was so lifeless but the second period showed some urgency. Still I was bashing this team quite a bit and I’m sorry. Good win for the sharks and nice to see this team not give up when things were so dire.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I know its not DeBoer's style to let the dogs run like he did tonight (mainly due to chasing a deficit) but the Sharks are pretty good at it. :laugh:

Reactions: slocal

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Remember how they mentioned Thornton being one point behind Dale Hawerchuk for #19 in all-time points after he scored his goal? Looks like he got two assists after that... :handclap:

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If they're still in contention at the deadline, a move or two could make this team one. A sniper would make this team real good.
Let's see.

I've certainly seen worse teams than this make a deep playoff run, assuming another scorer (and maybe a secondary scorer) is acquired. And goaltenders that are worse than Jones have certainly had hot streaks in the playoffs before.

For what it's worth, no matter what happens after this year, I think for now, you have to go for it this season. All bets are off if the team stumbles down the stretch, but you have to go for it this year if the team is in a playoff spot.

Reactions: slocal

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2