GDT: Game 27- Hurricanes @ Sharks - 7:30 PM PST

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Is anybody else super happy for Barclay Goodrow? He played most of the season in 2014-2015 and then spent pretty much all of the next two years in the AHL. He came up and looked great, made a few good plays on a few huge goals, and then got hurt. His injury wasn't serious but it definitely could have destroyed his momentum. Then he comes back and scores 2 goals in 2 games and makes it obvious that he is here to stay. I was listening on the radio, and I couldn't have been happier to hear the tying goal being from Goodrow.

Reactions: Bleedred and Phu

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Interesting game, horrid team defense in the 1st. I credit PDB for leaving Jones in the game.

To the unacquainted, you'd have thought Demelo was the veteran and Martin was the rookie. Demelo continues to improve and look like a 3rd pairing D-man who can defend and provide some offensive flair.

Funny that Braun is right there with Burns and Heed on a ppg basis.

Tierney has definitely hit a new level this year, hopefully he keeps it up - and makes me eat my words that he is not 2C material.

The first time I ever thought "DeBoer should be fired" was when he put Big Joe and Pavs out to start OT. Had a I verbalized it, I would have had to eat my words.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
Oh no! The Triple post!

Idk if Tierney will be a 2C, but he's flourishing in the 3C role. And I hope Martin is just rusty, because Ryan took his spot next to Burns during the second and onwards and Ryan looked very very good

Reactions: Bleedred

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
That didn't look like rust. He just didn't look healthy. Wouldn't shock me if he got shutdown for the year.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
That didn't look like rust. He just didn't look healthy. Wouldn't shock me if he got shutdown for the year.
Might be the case. At least we get Dillon back next game. But then we have another problem of where is everyone gonna be playing? Only exacerbated once Heed comes back

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Not sure where else to leave this, but the premiere of Sharks Central was aired immediately following the TV postgame show. Great feature on Vlasic and his family, including his 3 dogs. Loved the naturally humorous bits that came up. (spoiler tag follows)

- Not surprisingly (given all the teaser clips about his pets), he'd love to run an animal refuge if he had to quit hockey.
- Also not surprisingly, he likes scoring but takes the most pride in shutting down top opposing players.
- His birthday is 3/30 and his two golden retrievers' birthdays are 3/29 and 3/31. They like to hang out in Willow Glen around that time.
- Bay Area weather is great, but Quebec is still where his heart is.
- His wife Martine cooks... for the dogs. The humans eat In-N-Out.
- He has a big desk. For checking e-mails. No computer at that desk.
- He has a life-size professional cardboard cutout of himself.
- He has a huge stack of NBC Sports "Authentic Fan" boxes, which is revealed to feature himself on the back.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011

That was my thought. He looked a bit broken w/ uncharacteristically poor plays.

It is looking like the optimal D is:

Vlasic - Braun
Ryan - Burns
Dillon - Heed

And Demelo is looking to push for a roster spot or might make for a decent trade chip being a righty. If Heed's offense hadn't been so good, it would be hard for me to justify sitting/trading him.

Curse our WiFi and the dreaded 3x post.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
All in all I haven't hated the Sharks game outside of T.B. I just wish they'd push the tempo more often like they did tonight.

RickyHP

May 9, 2013
Bay Area, CA
this game made me see some positives for the year. Some of these young guys coming up are looking good. Ryan/Goodrow especially impress the hell out of me, heed included.

So glad to see thornton and burnzie changing their game.

They looked like the sharks tonight later on in the game, what a win what a game

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
I've been a bit out of touch lately, and I only saw the good half of this game, but I was extremely impressed with Braun. He didn't win the game, but the Sharks didn't lose because of a few subtle plays by him.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Jumbo again quietly (maybe not so much this game) racking up the points. 19 in 27 games so far. Leading the team in assists.

1410 points puts him in sole possession of 19th (nice) place all-time in points. 4 away from Doug Gilmour and 10 away from Adam Oates. 12 assists away from tying Mario Lemieux in assists all-time. Christ.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
I've been a bit out of touch lately, and I only saw the good half of this game, but I was extremely impressed with Braun. He didn't win the game, but the Sharks didn't lose because of a few subtle plays by him.

There was a play early on where he looked like a pylon while someone flew right around him for a prime scoring chance, other than that I thought he had a pretty good game.

The Martin/Burns pairing during the first period of the game was a nightmare, Martin is beyond rusty and it was causing all kinds of problems. Great comeback though and i'm glad that Jones never got pulled like I saw some people online suggesting after the 3rd and 4th goals.

edit: Here's the play from Braun where he was a pylon and took a penalty

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
Went to the game, attendance is going to be a huge problem if they don't fix it.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
And NBC Sports California ruins the sports enjoyment by playing the same commercials over and over and over again. Show the freaking Jurassic Park trailer or something. Just stop showing that ****ty Apple commercial or any of the other ****ty commercials.

I particularly can't stand that "What's a Computer?" iPad commercial. An iPad has memory, storage, a display, and uses an operating system to translate code into programs controlled by user input. That's literally the definition of a Computer, you snobby elitist brat. (the girl in the commercial, not you).

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Randy said this was the first time in franchise history the sharks ever came back from a 3 goal deficit after the first period. I guess he forgot about this gem.

Reactions: Munnyro

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
you expected a sell out on a weekday game against a low tier eastern conference team?
Went to the game, attendance is going to be a huge problem if they don't fix it.

I guess we've forgotten how it was like back in the peak attendance years. Where getting resold tickets was expensive to boot?

Hasso has a far different philosphy on ticket pricing and attendance than the Gund brothers. To get the peak profit from the supply/demand curve, some tickets are going to be unsold is likely Hasso's view.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad