Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Positives:

-won the corsi
-Comeau adds to his value
-Coyotes look better and just picked up at least one point

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
The scary thing in my mind is that Dallas did not play particularly well or play particularly hungry in my opinion. They looked tired, but Colorado simply looked like they did not show up. No intensity or effort from the drop of the puck from the Avs IMO.

They are playing a soft game offensively, where they are not going to the net and making it very easy on opposing goaltenders.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Positives for tonight:

Rantanen goal at ES
Mackinnon assist
Z was solid even if his stat line has a few minuses. He wasnt directly responsible for any goals against.
Compher had good hustle.
Como played hard all night.

Thats it.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Positives for tonight:

Rantanen goal at ES
Mackinnon assist
Z was solid even if his stat line has a few minuses. He wasnt directly responsible for any goals against.
Compher had good hustle.
Como played hard all night.

Thats it.

I'd add one more: Varly was good in relief. But that could also be a negative that Varly had to come in, in relief :laugh:

Yeah, terrible night all around really.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
If they're gonna tank then Jost back down to the AHL imo.

I don't think this serves any purpose IMO. If they are tanking, give him more minutes, more minutes with better linemates, and more PP and PK minutes.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The march towards the bottom is in full force right now.

Avs are a 1.5 line team right now. 4th line and 2nd line are providing nothing.
Hopefully once Landeskog returns from f***ing us, that line of Kerfoot, Jost and Compher can gain some traction and give us a little secondary help.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Yeah, you can't lose to the Sabres before going on a four game road trip that includes the Bolts, Pens, and Caps.

Also, whether fair or not, there will be a lot of fingers getting pointed at Landeskog if the Avs lose that game and go 1-3 in his absence.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I don't think this serves any purpose IMO. If they are tanking, give him more minutes, more minutes with better linemates, and more PP and PK minutes.
Agreed, it would be best for him to play with good linemates and get some PP time. I'm hoping that kid line gets going once Landy gets back.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Yeah, you can't lose to the Sabres before going on a four game road trip that includes the Bolts, Pens, and Caps.

Also, whether fair or not, there will be a lot of fingers getting pointed at Landeskog if the Avs lose that game and go 1-3 in his absence.

Maybe he deserves some fingers pointed at him under the circumstances. On the other hand, it does not say much about the internal leadership and mental fortitude for it to completely lose intensity and effort for the most part in his absence.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

He deserves a good portion of the blame, team was playing pretty well and he makes a selfish play and takes himself out an important homestand. When you're the captain and one of the better offensive guys on the team you can't get yourself suspended for 4 games. End of discussion.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
For gods sake they're not "tanking". We were expected to finish around the bottom 5 of the NHL. They're not losing intentionally and aren't going to. You might have deluded yourself into thinking this was a playoff team when it clearly never was.

Reactions: Balthazar

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I think the start to the season created some false expectations for some people, this team is obviously a bottom 10 one. It's all about the youth for the foreseeable future.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Maybe he deserves some fingers pointed at him under the circumstances. On the other hand, it does not say much about the internal leadership and mental fortitude for it to completely lose intensity and effort for the most part in his absence.
It's no different than when Sakic was out of the lineup due to injuries, the Avs never played as well when he was out because teams usually rally around their captain. The only difference was back in the day we had enough talent to overcome most situations when Sakic was out of the lineup, now we are not a deep enough team to overcome losing one of our top guys.

I mean that top line has looked like crap with Landy gone, it's forced a 2nd liner to move up to the top line and a 4th liner has had to move up to the 2nd line and it's made all the lines look like trash.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs are a bit one-dimensional without Landeskog. Polite team. Comeau is trying to compensate but he's just Comeau.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah, this loss is on Bednar today. Awful decision making from starting Bernier to not calling a timeout to rip into his players.

Scoring is once again a problem lately. I don't buy the blame put on Landeskog, Gabriel is an above-average offencive player, but he isn't a gamechanger. Avs should not be losing games or winning games with him in the line up (offencively speaking). He would attribute to scoring here and there, but Landeskog isn't going to help the Avs when they have only scored 2 goals against Flames, 3 goals against Jets, 1 goal against Devils, and now only 2 against Stars who also played back-to-back. That's 8 freakin goals in four games. Not only that, but McNab mentioned how the Avs have only had a combined 29 shots in the LAST four 3rd periods. That is an average of 7 effin shots per game in the last period, simply not good enough.

Reactions: The Kingslayer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad