GDT: Game 2! Hawks vs Jackets @ 7:30PM Central on WGN-- Gif Heavy Lineup 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I dont think Hayden needs to move up.

1) He's not better than anybody in the lineup ahead of him.

2) Part of the reason he looks so good is because he's benefiting from his current deployment. Let him thrive where he is for a bit.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Anyone worried about Debrincat? 0 points despite a total of 15 goals in the first two games.
good question, but if the team was loosing and not score hardly any points, then just maybe. however in this limited success, b/c it is only 2 games into the season, i just wouldn't like to pressure him. continue to let his b/c the player he will be, gradually.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
If you are basing everything on stats, maybe, just maybe you can be worried about him. I wouldn't be even via stats.

Watch the games.

Reactions: Rooh

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
If you are basing everything on stats, maybe, just maybe you can be worried about him. I wouldn't be even via stats.

Watch the games.
i have and that is why i am stating this. why put more pressure on a young player, a rookie, who by all accounts, most players would be putting a huge amount of pressure on themselves.

what i have come away with in watching, is a player who can lay on a hit of that someone much bigger. a player who has an unbelievable calm out there. he seem to be everywhere the puck is and i bet i am embellishing this.

yeah i came away impress, but i still want him to develop at his pace. his points will come.

Reactions: migi

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Anyone worried about Debrincat? 0 points despite a total of 15 goals in the first two games.

He is 19 years old. He jumped straight from junior hockey to the NHL. What exactly should we expect after 2 games? I hope expectations aren't too high for this season, the guy is a friggin baby and really wasn't expected to even make the team at the start of camp. Under the circumstances I think the kid looks good, is showing no fear at all. Hit he post on a shot last night as well.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
He did. Q was doing the mix mash thing again minus the Panik Toews Saad line. They are a a puck possession shooting machine.

Yes he was. I like the way Q handled the loss of Schmaltz. With 38 at center and 10 on the wing it was a good makeshift line. ... and who can blame Q for double shifting Kane. He is even more of a magician these days. Later, Q had 88/12 together for a few shifts but they couldn't quite click.

As for going forward. I wanna see Hino, and I wanna see him centering line 2, keeping the other 3 lines untouched. Will that happen? Very doubtful.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
not at all.

Just remember Schmaltz his first stint with the Hawks as a rookie. He was nowhere to be seen... invisable. He showed a few flashes and nothing consistent. then, later he was sent down to the AHL. He came back, improved and now is quite good. The point is, it takes time...

DCat is just fine, let him settle in.

And he does have one point .. an assist.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
As to D-Cat ..still not showing much after 2 games now..not getting shots off let alone quality shots...not finding chemistry...not doing tge things that made him special in juniors . IF he cannot adjust soon,he may be writing his ticket to Rockford pretty soon.

Actually, you're wrong. He has gotten some quality shots off, he hit a post last night. The points will come. Must have been a slow news week for you.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Pat Foley mentioned multiple times that he was given his first NHL point after game 1 concluded.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Kane's goal and great setup for Rutta's first NHL goal were lovely, but my favorite play of the game was Panik rubbing out Seth Jones (I think it was), resulting in the Toews' goal.

NOW THAT'S HOCKEY.

You could see how jacked Panik was after that play too!

dk2k

recovering cynic
Jul 5, 2017
Johnson's hit pisses me off more every time I see it. I guess in his defense, he's clearly a mongoloid. f*** you, Johnson, you broke piece of shit.

Reactions: Sir Loin

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Kane's goal and great setup for Rutta's first NHL goal were lovely, but my favorite play of the game was Panik rubbing out Seth Jones (I think it was), resulting in the Toews' goal.

NOW THAT'S HOCKEY.
Proves what some of us have been saying for the past 3-4 years. Physicality has it's place, and it's great to see it on the Hawks this year. Finally seeing the dmen bodying people off the puck below the goal line too. Nothing wrong with regaining possession by making a hit.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
It is just that tge puck is not finding D-Cat very much ...in juniors it always did and he made great plays when he had it ...first night I ascribed to jitters...but last night you cannot use that anymore..he was not horrible but rather a non-difference -maker and so not very threatening in attack creation and a bit slow to get to pucks in our zone ..the nay-sayers always thought his lack of real speed might be a problem...spofar that looks to be possibly on the mark..Or maybe he is more comfortable at LW not RW ?Or he has no chemistry (yet?) With Anisimov and Sharp (actually they have not shown much chemistry with each other either) ...so we get a 3rd line that relies on a few individual moments of threat but not (yet) a threat of possession to the opposition...they were defending in our zone a lit last night not driving g attacks into the CLBS zone.So I always said D-Cat needs to make thevteam as a top six "differenxe-maker" not as some 3rd line sporadic typical bottom six rookie...woukd time in the AHL help D-Cat..not sure. .if his role continues as 3RW on that line with AA and Sharp..But maybe if they added speed with Hino at C that might change th3 chemistry and active attack threats ...I think maybe Hayden woukd fit Beyer at 3RW as extra beef with AA and Sharp so that they could play the cycle game style as a line using more strength to win puck battles ..If Hino were using an attack rush up the gut. ..D-Cat probably could do the "trailer" to get tge drop pass and fire away from tgat or there woukd be some 2 on 1 rushes off transition created by speed .At least they need to try that because to me Sharp AA D-Cat is not showing much chemistry as a line ...relying on a few soiradic individual efforts by Sharp but otherwise not convincing as a line.

As to rookies...Milano looked more threatening (he also got then line Columbus goal) as a rookie than D-Cat did ...I do not buy the he is only 19 "baby" excuse..the fact is whether he has scored or not ..he just does nit look like much of a threat out there. .and if that continues then he either needs to be sent down or tgey find him a C who he can play his game with ..This is probably a chemistry issue and a positional issue (he is better at LW) but it coukd be that darn speed issue...Whatever it really is ,to me he is posing little threat out there and if that continues ...well it should not continue and Q will have to change up ..Sure as others contribute in our 15 goal splurge over 2 games (against teams playing tge 2nd of back to back games and both using back-up goalies and with our home ice advantage) the fact is we will need more when facing rested teams in their barn with their #1 goalies in net ...we will need an effective 3rd line attack contribution ..So D-Cat's non-difference-making cannot continue much longer before Q decides he has to change up the combos in the bottom six .

stahl

Mar 26, 2011

He has an assist and hit the post tonight. There's nothing to worry about. He will probably only be a 40 point guy this year anyways so 1 point every other game is fine.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Couldn't be happier with this start! Can't wait for Monday's game as it'll be a big test for our defense and probably a good gauge of what they're capable of when it comes to containing a high-octane offense.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Who needs to move down?
I've been thinking where to play Hayden more.

* Obviously, with Schmaltz's short-term injury, we can move Hayden to the 3rd line and Sharp to the 2nd. Kane doesn't need an offensive center. He just needs a player who can take face offs and defend the opposition's center. Hartman can do that and Sharp can match Kane's speed even at this age.

* When Schmaltz gets back, I think it would be wise to give Sharp consistent scheduled rest at his age. He has plenty left in the tank, but I want him refreshed for the post season. We need to sort of treat him like the older Hossa. That give Hayden a chance to move up to the 3rd line. After watching Hayden this year, he's skilled enough to play on the perimeter with DeBrincat and let Anisimov stay in front of the net.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I've been thinking where to play Hayden more.

* Obviously, with Schmaltz's short-term injury, we can move Hayden to the 3rd line and Sharp to the 2nd. Kane doesn't need an offensive center. He just needs a player who can take face offs and defend the opposition's center. Hartman can do that and Sharp can match Kane's speed even at this age.

* When Schmaltz gets back, I think it would be wise to give Sharp consistent scheduled rest at his age. He has plenty left in the tank, but I want him refreshed for the post season. We need to sort of treat him like the older Hossa. That give Hayden a chance to move up to the 3rd line. After watching Hayden this year, he's skilled enough to play on the perimeter with DeBrincat and let Anisimov stay in front of the net.

The Hayden-Anisimov-Debrincat line did NOT look good in the limited time they saw last game after Schmaltz was out. They basically spent their shifts chasing the puck around their own end.

Limited sample, so we could try it again, but Im not sure that's a great answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad