Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois

dawson-crying-ugly-amazing-gifs.gif

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
hey I missed the game. I hear Schmaltz got rocked by johnson in the head. Q said he is not going on the road trip. Hope to heck he is OK and is not a concussion.

Who was Centering Kane and hartman after he was hurt? AA?

Anyone think Hinostroza gets called up and has a shot just slipping in where schmaltz left off?

Reactions: Aestivalis

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
hey I missed the game. I hear Schmaltz got rocked by johnson in the head. Q said he is not going on the road trip. Hope to heck he is OK and is not a concussion.

Who was Centering Kane and hartman after he was hurt?

Anyone think Hinostroza gets called up and has a shot just slipping in where schmaltz left off?
Since he came back on the ice, I bet it was a stinger. Johnson planted a shoulder into his chest and then got sandwiched between another Jacket. Nothing serious, but Schmaltz has been roughed up the past 2 games. It's probably best to let him heal up this early in the season. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Since he came back on the ice, I bet it was a stinger. Johnson planted a shoulder into his chest and then got sandwiched between another Jacket. Nothing serious, but Schmaltz has been roughed up the past 2 games. It's probably best to let him heal up this early in the season. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

thanks so he actually returned to the ice, that is positive.

who was playing C with Kaner?

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Uhg, hope once Schmaltz gets a full game in he'll be good for a long haul.

Good game though, like the team speed through two games but it is still two games in though the optimism is just as high as it was mid summer.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Hartman moved over to center and Sharp came up to play wing.

ah ok thanks that is interesting to me that Q did not put AA up there, I like that he did not do that.

I would like to see Hinostroza get a shot with hartman and kane while nick is out.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
ah ok thanks that is interesting to me that Q did not put AA up there, I like that he did not do that.

I would like to see Hinostroza get a shot with hartman and kane while nick is out.
He did. Q was doing the mix mash thing again minus the Panik Toews Saad line. They are a a puck possession shooting machine.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
What the hell was johnson thinking on the Schmaltz hit anyway? Oh gee let’s lay this guy out and let Patrick Kane be wide open on the wing.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Uhg, hope once Schmaltz gets a full game in he'll be good for a long haul.

Good game though, like the team speed through two games but it is still two games in though the optimism is just as high as it was mid summer.

For sure! Only 2 games but still rather be 2-0 than 0-2, it does the Mojo good for a roster with a lot of new pieces and line combinations. That being said, what a great start to the season. 2 playoff teams early. You knew the Bluejackets and Tort's was going to be motivated to slow the Hawks down after the 10 spot on the Penguins. Bhawks did well responding. Their forward depth is crazy good this year.

Also look at the Penguins vs Preds game. Penguins after getting shell shocked by the Bhawks turns it around and shuts out the Preds 4-0, Nashville is 0-2 to start the year.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Anyone worried about Debrincat? 0 points despite a total of 15 goals in the first two games.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The Jackets really pushed us in the 2nd abd 3rd periods...we had to battle in our zone a lot off then winning puck races and board battles when the puck stayed in our zone too long too often..but we did at least defend well as they tooled around our zone ...It is puzzling as to how they coukd have such energy after they played last night ...Also once tge score got to 4-1 we basically stopped attacking and tried tge hold the fort game ..but at least nobody really slacked in their checking when we got running around at times as they kept pucks in...Also I think the game changed after Schmaltz went out ...takes out an element of speed up the middle and for transitions so we had to change tge strategy...less trying to score more and more trying g tp hold the big lead.Tge score of 5-1 was great for us but masked a not really dominant whole game..

As to $10.5 #1 ...give him much better marks for his compete and hustle plus his goal and assist contribution than his first game effort...he did exert a lot more and battled better than in game 1...I therefore grade him a "B" where in game 1 he was about a "D" grade...Game 1 he had only about 3 good shifts tge rest coasting. ..tonoght he had a lit more goid shifts though again with just 1 shot generated on goal (though it went in) ,you cannot say he dominated or was super-star level ...not "A" grade which we expect for a $10.5 player.Still he did exert and coasted a lot less..so consider his "B" grade as trending upward ..which I hope keeps trending upward .But 1 shot on goal a game is oit really going to help anyone state that the "old Toews" is back...but beggars cannot be choosers...so we take this improvement in his play tonight as an indication he can yet improve all the way back to A level performances as tge season progress.es.

As to D-Cat ..still not showing much after 2 games now..not getting shots off let alone quality shots...not finding chemistry...not doing tge things that made him special in juniors . IF he cannot adjust soon,he may be writing his ticket to Rockford pretty soon.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
1. Schmaltz played 30 seconds against the Jackets.
2. Toews' is going to average a point per game this season with Panik and Saad.
3. DeBrincat hit the post, played decent defense, made good passes. I'm sure playing with 4 different centers in his 2nd NHL game can be confusing. You said he was going to be good last year ... and most of us agree with you. The kid is going to be good ... even pretty decent on D.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
As always, some posters (fiddy) judge a player by his scoring numbers. If a player doesn't score it means he didn't play well because scoring is the only thing a player does to contribute to a win. After giving Toews a "D" against the Pens, he grudgingly gives him a "B" for this game but that's only because he scored on his only shot. And DCat hasn't scored so he's punching his ticket to Rockford.

Outscoring the opponents 15-2 in two wins to open the season doesn't stop the criticism machine. Remember all the years he griped about Kane every chance he got, which included threads that had nothing to do with Kane. Ah, good memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad