tumblr_oobf38bBk11w8vvh3o1_250.gif

tumblr_oxda4eTWCx1w8vvh3o1_250.gif

Blue Jackets Expected Lineup:
Russian Toast-When, Berg?-Atkin's Son
Sunny Boy-Full No-Don't be Dorkstrand
Do boys what? Do boys what!?!-Dub Dude-Matt Converts
Hannikainen? What the f*** type of name is that?-Sed Lacks-Dal pees

Weren'tenski-Not Indiana Jones
That idiot from hockeybuzz-Any relation to Denis?!?
Any relation to Bill?!?- Carl's Son...a lot of sons on this team...
Not Forsberg

tumblr_oxab26Kmra1w8vvh3o1_1280.jpg

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Is Bobo playing again in net for them?He played last night and got the shut-out facibg just 29 shots...We probably need to fire 60 at him to get 2 goals...Torts probably gonna clog the n-zone and stymie our entries
..Could come down to which team scores on pp opportunities...0-7 last game for our pp. ..so if it comes to that aspect and we are as bad at it again as last game we probably lose this game..That or CC unlike last game,hits tge wayer-bpttlecearly if we go down 2-0 in the first 5 monutes on a couple of softy goals ...So for us to win CC again needsvtpmbecsddtrssed be focused and "on" ,our PP has to produce ,and it woukd be nice if Toews actually passed tge eyeball test with some effort for a full 60 instead of merely 3 goid shifts where he does something decent out there.Anyone expecting another 10 goals from us is out to.lunch...we probably get 3 or less. If our pop fails again ...and nd as we know as long as $10.5 #2 keeps doing nothing on the pp....it will keep failing. WE are 1 game in and I have called him.out already ...I need to see him excelling gnon the pp as long as he gets featured 1st pp unit time ...and he mist also be the driver of his line rather than merely observing how hard Saad amd Panik are playing ...

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
After the offensive explosion in game 1, what are the odds we get a 2 - 1 snorfest in this one? I hope not. In the game vs Pens I had flashbacks to the 2009/2010 teams where Hawks played cocky and gave the impression that they can score at will. That's certainly not Q, but that's what I want to see this season; the team playing to its strengths!!

Reactions: Matt Ravlich

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
50 I literally have no idea how you can watch last game and complain about Toews. He shutdown the best player in the world and had a point. What more do you f***ing want? His d was elite. Did you watch the game?

In regards to the PP, I would say it was better than last year and as the season goes a long it should get better. The overall system looks much better, now it comes down to chemistry.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
After the offensive explosion in game 1, what are the odds we get a 2 - 1 snorfest in this one? I hope not. In the game vs Pens I had flashbacks to the 2009/2010 teams where Hawks played cocky and gave the impression that they can score at will. That's certainly not Q, but that's what I want to see this season; the team playing to its strengths!!

Hopefully Q lets them just play. This team is more like 2010 where they can just roll 3 lines that are going to be more talented than the opponent 9/10 times and a 4th line that is consistent and aggressive. The key will be letting them play. Ulf has more pressure because our d core is talented but inexperienced.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Hopefully Q lets them just play. This team is more like 2010 where they can just roll 3 lines that are going to be more talented than the opponent 9/10 times and a 4th line that is consistent and aggressive. The key will be letting them play. Ulf has more pressure because our d core is talented but inexperienced.
in some respect, the 4th line is prob going to better than the majority of the other team as well.

as in everything i do, i will have to tempered my zeal and look for the negative. i need this to keep me grounded. so with that, i will end by adding that, if all the young players who broke out last season, continues in their success, offensively, wow, those teams will need to watch out.

and if the defense plays their part...... it will be a nice season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt Ravlich

magnificent

Jul 6, 2016
Hard to believe. It's 10-1 but people still trying to find a player who they can blame.

Kane vs Panarin. It's gonna be fun to watch.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
After yesterday, I can definitely see the point that Panarin could in fact be a better fit on Columbus. From highlights alone, you could see being the top talent on his team has brought that drive back that he had in season 1. Or maybe it was just the wake up call of getting traded, who knows. Glad both teams got what they needed, should be a fun one.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Only complaint I have is that Bouma is completely useless. Should be on waivers. Have way too much talent in this organization to be icing guys like him. Don’t even like Hino that much but he should be here.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Only complaint I have is that Bouma is completely useless. Should be on waivers. Have way too much talent in this organization to be icing guys like him. Don’t even like Hino that much but he should be here.

A few more games, gotta make him official so he can get his name on the Cup.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Is Bobo playing again in net for them?He played last night and got the shut-out facibg just 29 shots...We probably need to fire 60 at him to get 2 goals...Torts probably gonna clog the n-zone and stymie our entries
..Could come down to which team scores on pp opportunities...0-7 last game for our pp. ..so if it comes to that aspect and we are as bad at it again as last game we probably lose this game..That or CC unlike last game,hits tge wayer-bpttlecearly if we go down 2-0 in the first 5 monutes on a couple of softy goals ...So for us to win CC again needsvtpmbecsddtrssed be focused and "on" ,our PP has to produce ,and it woukd be nice if Toews actually passed tge eyeball test with some effort for a full 60 instead of merely 3 goid shifts where he does something decent out there.Anyone expecting another 10 goals from us is out to.lunch...we probably get 3 or less. If our pop fails again ...and nd as we know as long as $10.5 #2 keeps doing nothing on the pp....it will keep failing. WE are 1 game in and I have called him.out already ...I need to see him excelling gnon the pp as long as he gets featured 1st pp unit time ...and he mist also be the driver of his line rather than merely observing how hard Saad amd Panik are playing ...

Yep, knowing Tort's he is going to treat this like a mini playoff game. Expect a lot more hard checking and less room to maneuver in this one so it will be interesting how the Bhawks counter.

Reactions: BobbyJet

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So Q tells the media that this team has never had a problem taking the opposition too lightly ...yah...tells us about how they never bothered showing up against Nashville in the first round last playoffs...methinks they did take the Preds too nonchalantly...judge bt the results. .

So after spit g off this gem,Q has probably set us up to go no show...not against st Columbus tonight ...the whole Saad/Panarin thing gonna insure both teams wanting to make a statement...but rather setting us up for a night off when we play the "consensus" bottom teams...so expect our big letdown against Vegas...just saying. ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad