GDT: Game 19: Columbus at Chicago | 2/24 7:00 PM EST

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
JD, a change needs to be made now. Efforts like the last two nights are an insult to the entire fan base.

I thought last nights effort was good. We look beat up and tired tonight. Every team probably feels that way, but we sure look it.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
JD, a change needs to be made now. Efforts like the last two nights are an insult to the entire fan base.

What are you talking about. They are battling their hearts out but they just aren't good. The one thing they ARE doing right is effort.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
Someday the jackets won't suck. I'll probably be long dead and buried at that point, but someday...

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
Another great effort with nothing to show for it. This team plays hard but doesn't seem to get a break. It would help if we had more talent on offense. Great game by Mason.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

The effort didn't insult this fan. When you take our roster on the second night of a back to back and put us up against the Hawks, really this could have been a lot worse. And we played hard last night.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
How anyone could say the effort wasn't there isn't very observant. To hold the Hawks to 1 g is damn good. Unfortunately we can't put the pick in the net. Big difference between that and lack of effort.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
If you can't complete or handle a pass from a foot away that's a bad effort. No excuse for being tired, every other team in the league is dealing with the same type of schedule.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
How anyone could say the effort wasn't there isn't very observant. To hold the Hawks to 1 g is damn good. Unfortunately we can't put the pick in the net. Big difference between that and lack of effort.
Hawks were just as bad.

And the Jackets didn't hold them to 1 goal, Mason did. The amount of turnovers and horrible play in the back gave Chicago numerous chances to score 5+ times.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Good effort, an L pushes that top pick a game closer, heck even Mason looked good..what's not to like? Things are headed in the right direction.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I actually didn't think that they played that badly for the second of a back-to back, and the last game of a grueling road trip.

Better than I expected anyway.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
The goaltending stats this year are definitely a little misleading. And I think bobrovsky has been the better goaltender without a doubt imo. Just because he has only won 3 games means nothing.

You are what your record says you are.
You and everyone else can tell me how BOB is a better goalie this year, I don't buy it.
For anyone to point to Mason (not about you on this slightlystewpid) as a reason why we are losing shows the ignorance of some people. This team is a horrible NHL offensive team, heck probably a few AHL teams could score more than these guys. When your best offensive playmaker is Cam Atkinson you know it's bad. No offense to CAM but he would strugglge to even play on the top 6 in Chicago.

Also the last thing JD should be doing is tinkering with the team. Let Jarmo evaluate the team for next couple weeks and figure out who doesn't fit. If that means gutting the roster that's fine, if it means just moving a couple players that's fine.

Good news is if Mason keeps playing like this it may allow the CBJ to get something for him, and get him to a better situation.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Playing the right way, just nobody who can score. Oh sure, I could point out a bunch if other stuff that went wrong or mistakes in playtoo, but that's the nut of it.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Can't blame Steve Mason. Can't blame the defense. The offense was bottled up all night, forced to the perimeter.

Can't blame Steve Mason. That's a great thing to read/type. Maybe the kid is getting his head right. I sure hope so. I'm admittedly not been a fan of his but never understood rooting against him or rejoicing and mocking his downfall. I mean, at the very base of the game we need to hope for the success and support our tender, right?

Loved his game tonight. Loved Bob last night. Two youngsters vying for the job is fun to watch. We aren't often blown out this season. That's new!

Now, if we can just score. :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad