GDT: Game 17: Red Wings vs leafs (GLOBAL) 2:00 et 11/17/23 (NHLN, BSD)

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I'd take Nylander in a heartbeat and pay him 11
robocop-id-buy-that-for-a-dollar.gif

• Haha
Reactions: WF19

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I think there would be less pessimism if this team was a bubble team because of new young talent. Instead it’s a bubble team because of overpaid vets. There’s no light at the end of the tunnel with these losses

Reactions: Filppula

OneMoreTry

Sep 26, 2021
One point out of 4, nice. They tried to win and didn't bring Swedish kids, got punished by hockey gods

Hmm, no. We actually get punished for Stevie overpaying below-average-vets like there’s no tomorrow. :(

—————-

So, I finally got to see my first Red Wings games live. *check*

Enjoyed a lot of the trip so far, but actually more the city. Stockholm is amazing! Rather expensive, but definitely worth it. Will likely come back, but probably in the summer.

Regarding the games, my guess was 0-2 points overall from both, so getting 1 is no surprise.

But how it happened. This team..

Overall, it was 4 good periods, 2 bad ones, and 1 bad OT period. Other teams would come out of that with 4 points. We get 1..:rolleyes:

Most encouraging was Lyons play. But will probably get rewarded with being benched the next 10 games. No idea what’s going on with goaltending in this organization..

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
Our stud top 12 c has gone 5 games without a point. His linemates fault tho right.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Oh, and when is Rasmussen finally going to do something?
I’m about ready to give up on him being anything more than a 4th loner who can fill in the 3rd line if needed.

He just has zero offensive skills.

4C playing 10 mins. Not sure what you’re expecting. Especially coming off a broken knee cap…
He’s playing 4C because he has the offensive skill of a 4th liner

Oct 18, 2006
I’m about ready to give up on him being anything more than a 4th loner who can fill in the 3rd line if needed.

He just has zero offensive skills.

He’s playing 4C because he has the offensive skill of a 4th liner
He started the year playing where exactly? Last year he was with Perron and Copp and it worked. This season Compher took his spot on that line, so he’s been a nomad all season.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
He started the year playing where exactly? Last year he was with Perron and Copp and it worked. This season Compher took his spot on that line, so he’s been a nomad all season.

Slice it how you want, he hasn't been good at all this year. He is responsible defensively that is about it. Last year he was finally starting to use his size a little more and forcing the issue in the offensive zone a bit just before he got hurt. There has been none of that this year from him.

Lalonde needs to learn that it is ok to mix up the lines, as the current ones have been bad for about the last 8 games as we have had bad games and bad periods in all of them. Yet no line shuffling really at all.

Oct 18, 2006
Slice it how you want, he hasn't been good at all this year. He is responsible defensively that is about it. Last year he was finally starting to use his size a little more and forcing the issue in the offensive zone a bit just before he got hurt. There has been none of that this year from him.

Lalonde needs to learn that it is ok to mix up the lines, as the current ones have been bad for about the last 8 games as we have had bad games and bad periods in all of them. Yet no line shuffling really at all.
I’m not disagreeing really. He needs to improve. Last season with or without scoring he was great every game. He was using his size down low, becoming really hard to dispossess the puck, created so many chances through his size and body positioning. I do think people underestimate the significance of what a broken kneecap will do to your preseason + season.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I’m not disagreeing really. He needs to improve. Last season with or without scoring he was great every game. He was using his size down low, becoming really hard to dispossess the puck, created so many chances through his size and body positioning. I do think people underestimate the significance of what a broken kneecap will do to your preseason + season.

I hope it is injury related, but also don't see him improving with each game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad