Game 1 WCQF: San Jose Sharks (3) at Anaheim Ducks (2) 7:30 PM PT | SN360,TVAS2, USA, PRIME, NBCSCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Well, the Ducks defied long odds the last time they trailed 3-0 in a home playoff game and of course stranger things have happened in the playoffs.....

Then again, San Jose is not Edmonton.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Carlyle is one stubborn dude.

If I were Carlyle, I would be heavily trying to get Henrique out against Hertl, Kesler against Pavelski, and Getzlaf against Tierney. Tierney is an elite PKer and a great scorer (for the 3rd line) - totally happy with him as a 3C - but he cannot matchup against big, elite centers at all and he's being flanked by two guys who are playing in their first full season. There we're a few regular season games this year where Getzlaf just destroyed Tierney.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If I were Carlyle, I would be heavily trying to get Henrique out against Hertl, Kesler against Pavelski, and Getzlaf against Tierney. Tierney is an elite PKer and a great scorer (for the 3rd line) - totally happy with him as a 3C - but he cannot matchup against big, elite centers at all and he's being flanked by two guys who are playing in their first full season. There we're a few regular season games this year where Getzlaf just destroyed Tierney.
If I were Carlyle I'd realize I was over the hill as a coach and try to grab a job in management or scouting but hey. I'm not Carlyle.

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
Just imagine the matchups when Jumbo comes back. As good as Pavs has been at 1C I wouldn’t be against starting Jumbo off at 3C with Meier and Lebanc

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I think Evander Kane, after 2 teams has finally found his niche with the Sharks.

For his sake, he should re-sign with San Jose.
If he goes somewhere else he won't be the same, looks like the system is flourishing his talents. Plus he has a surrounding cast that is helping him.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Just imagine the matchups when Jumbo comes back. As good as Pavs has been at 1C I wouldn’t be against starting Jumbo off at 3C with Meier and Lebanc

Me neither. I would feel kinda bad for putting Tierney at 4C but in a series like this one, Tierney getting wrecked by a Getzlaf type could end up being the factor that loses is the series.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I think Evander Kane, after 2 teams has finally found his niche with the Sharks.

For his sake, he should re-sign with San Jose.
If he goes somewhere else he won't be the same, looks like the system is flourishing his talents. Plus he has a surrounding cast that is helping him.

And he doesn't have to be the offense, defense and leader like he was in buffalo.

And he doesn't have to deal with a big bully in big buff in winnipeg as a young guy.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
And he doesn't have to be the offense, defense and leader like he was in buffalo.

And he doesn't have to deal with a big bully in big buff in winnipeg as a young guy.

Yeah, that's why he should stick it with San Jose.
Plus the Bay Area is sort of his ideal spot for him lifestyle wise.

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
Me neither. I would feel kinda bad for putting Tierney at 4C but in a series like this one, Tierney getting wrecked by a Getzlaf type could end up being the factor that loses is the series.
Definitely. Tierney has earned the 3C spot and he’s been great there but he would create huge mismatches on that 4th line. If he remains at 3C, I’d love to see Kane-Jumbo-Pavs

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Think Kane is the type that elevates his game in the playoffs. He’s got the tools to do so.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
The Kane love in here is priceless. There were maybe 3 people on the planet before tonight who said they'd even take him if he was free. Hf gonna hf. Maybe we can put the track suit behind us now at least until he takes his selfie after he signs his next contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad