Game 1 WCQF: San Jose Sharks (3) at Anaheim Ducks (2) 7:30 PM PT | SN360,TVAS2, USA, PRIME, NBCSCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

StupidityKills

Dec 4, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta
Am I the only one who sees how potentially dangerous that could have been? The force of both players coming down like that and Keslers butt end of his stick hitting the ice with Hertl's head wedged in between the stick and Kesler's chest. Could have snapped his neck.
Definitely. I hope someone from the stadium called the police.

fiveAMpractice

Oct 19, 2014
Actually more dangerous than a choke hold with the weight of the body coming down on the head with the shaft of stick coming up. Old school faceoff move. The playbook is full of these nasty little tricks that rarely get called .
The face wash alone can rip open an eye if the gloves are stiff on the edges.
In the playoffs all the dirt comes out because its usually 5 or 6 crazy games of doing everything possible to get the upper hand .

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Ryan Kesler:

-Gets outscored on the ice, gets out possessed, has a minus rating in 98 career playoff games, takes stupid penalties, consistently struggles when matched up against 1B centers like Hertl, Pavelski, Johansen

-Does stuff like this

Fans and "analysts":

"Ryan Kesler is an amazing shutdown center, he's the modern day agitator. He's paid to get under his opponent's skin and he does a great job of it.

Herschel

Dec 8, 2009
re-watching this a few times there is little doubt in my mind that Kesler took advantage of the situation by lifting is stick up and pushing down with his body weight. While it wasn't much of a "choke hold" the result from Hertl's point of view it likely was.

As a Sharks fan, the best part was Hertl owning Kesler in the circle and how badly that frustrated him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad