Pre-Game Talk: Game 1: Maple Leafs @ Bruins, May 1, 7:00 ET CBC, CNBC, NESN (Pt 2)

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

EDDIE20*

Just listened to it, what a *****. Interviewing the players should be viewed as a privilege, not a right. I kinda wish Nonis said that it's up to Kessel if he wants to be interviewed or not because I'm getting the feeling that the media is going to rag on him even more now that everyone knows Nonis is making him do interviews.

What surprised me even more from that interview is the reporter stating she could count. Is she sure about that?

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Man I hope bozie is okay, we need him to bring his best to keep our faceoff game on. Bozie also tends to jump up and has been able to pass the puck much better of the late.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
24 hrs till show time.

I'm glad the first two are on the road. I think that will be less pressure than starting out here at the ACC. We just need a split series coming home. That would be huge. They can do it. That would nullify the home ice advantage and allow us to close this one in six at home.

leafstilldeath*

Burn the ****ing Boats

Because its THE CUP!

I Love you Leafs Nation!!! I Love You MY LEAFS!!!

I BE-LEAF!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Watch paint dry LIVE! :biglaugh:

Looks awesome, I must say.

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/v2/ext/live/

CxvdT9E.jpg

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
ANOTHER 24 HOURS...and we have to wait till Saturday after tomorrow night.

I guess the schedule makers did the right thing in this case.

I predict there will be at least a 100 hits if not more in this game altogether.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Knowing RC from past playoff series, he will field a physical bottom 6, he understands the investment of wearing down a slower and older team by hits in the early games, they are investments if this series goes into the 6th or 7th games.

Mcclement, Komarov, Orr, and Mclaren.

Of Grabo, Colborne, Frattin, and Hamilton.

Wonder who the other 2 fwds will be.

I think Orr can play on the 3rd line.

Perhaps, Colborne-Mac-Mclaren on the 4th line?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
UGGGGGGGGGGGH. its taking. SO. LONG.
I want hockey!

Has any Toronto media outlets picked the Leafs to win? the Calgary Sun picked Boston. I know Keven Weekes from CBC picked Leafs in 6 but everyone else is all bruins.

Seriously: this is awesome for them.
(though truthfully, we could be stacked up like Pittsburgh, and still no one would pick us for anything) :)

I've got faith like a mustard seed. we're going to do magical things this year.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
UGGGGGGGGGGGH. its taking. SO. LONG.
I want hockey!

Has any Toronto media outlets picked the Leafs to win? the Calgary Sun picked Boston. I know Keven Weekes from CBC picked Leafs in 6 but everyone else is all bruins.

Seriously: this is awesome for them.
(though truthfully, we could be stacked up like Pittsburgh, and still no one would pick us for anything) :)

I've got faith like a mustard seed. we're going to do magical things this year.

I know one thing, I like Randy Carlyle's playoff teams and how he approaches it. We will have the proper game plan to offer us a chance to win in the playoffs. It's up to the players to execute.

lLeafer

Feb 27, 2012
Is Kessel most effective when he's putting up points? Do you need to score goals to win hockey games? Is having a goalie important to winning? The jury is out apparently.. good thing we have "expert analysts" around to keep us all informed. How do you guys feel about hockey sticks? Do the Leafs need to use them to win?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I know one thing, I like Randy Carlyle's playoff teams and how he approaches it. We will have the proper game plan to offer us a chance to win in the playoffs. It's up to the players to execute.

this is true. for the most part the leafs have followed it. everyone in the NE sucked down the stretch, so i'm going to chalk that up to a wash. Was he the coach when Gigeure went all crazy awesome and got to the finals... and won?
(I know one year Gigeure didn't win, then the next he won).

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
this is true. for the most part the leafs have followed it. everyone in the NE sucked down the stretch, so i'm going to chalk that up to a wash. Was he the coach when Gigeure went all crazy awesome and got to the finals... and won?
(I know one year Gigeure didn't win, then the next he won).

Yes, Carlyle was coach when the Ducks won.

I'm pretty sure Carlyle is top 3 in playoff wins since the 05 lockout.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Is Kessel most effective when he's putting up points? Do you need to score goals to win hockey games? Is having a goalie important to winning? The jury is out apparently.. good thing we have "expert analysts" around to keep us all informed. How do you guys feel about hockey sticks? Do the Leafs need to use them to win?

:laugh: nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln