Pre-Game Talk: Game 1: Maple Leafs @ Bruins, May 1, 7:00 ET CBC, CNBC, NESN (Pt 2)

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I really hope we can get our 2nd D pairing going..

I have faith in Gunnar-Phaneuf, Fra-Fra...but I absolutely HATE that second pairing's inconsistency.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Bruins aren't the fastest team, so I think O'Byrne would be a useful guy to insert into the lineup? Ride their forwards into the boards, something Gardiner or Kostka might not do as well/at all.

These next ~20 hours are going to be a drag.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Tomorrow is going to be here soon! :)

I am so excited!

truthfully. i'm not scared. I'm not worried, I'm not anxious. It wont matter to me if we get a split or down two games. (It will make me estatic if we can steal 2 games in Boston). because I've just got this deep. settling peace in my stomach that this is our year. To go far, and even further there. People might be saying 1993, 2002, but I'm saying 2013. So they'll win the series.

Mustard Seed Faith.
Guess what Boston. We're here, and we've burned the boats.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
James needs to stay in the net and wander out much less. Every time he is going to wander out behind his net to play the puck will give me a heart attack. Hold on to your butts!

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Bruins aren't the fastest team, so I think O'Byrne would be a useful guy to insert into the lineup? Ride their forwards into the boards, something Gardiner or Kostka might not do as well/at all.

if it were me -

I'd add Gardiner to help with the one time pass out of the Zone/speed. (ESPECIALLY because Bruins aren't fast). O'Byrne will most likely play but I think if he does boneheaded plays like before - he's out again (it was like 3 straight boneheaded penalties he took, last time he played).

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
IDK ABOUT YOU GUYS BUT THESE GAMES TONIGHT GOT ME SO PUMPED FOR TOMORROW! Oh my god I can't wait!

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
So is mclaren playing tomm? I would rather have mclaren than Orr.

Randy's been mum about lines, but I'm assuming if McLaren is healthy he gets the whistle over Orr. that's my personal 2cents.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
So is mclaren playing tomm? I would rather have mclaren than Orr.

Same. Hope we see:

vanRiemsdyk-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin (Play Kulemin a lot with leads int he 3rd)
MacArthur-Grabovski-Frattin
Komarov-McClemment-McLaren (Basically, throw out Komarov-McClemment-Kulemin at any point with a lead in the 3rd)

Gunnar-Phaneuf
Liles-Gardiner
Fraser-Franson

Guess we'll see tomorrow...

wetcardboard

Oct 29, 2011
Edmonton
There are STILL over A HUNDRED TICKETS LEFT IN THE LOWER BOWL FOR GAME 1 IN BOSTON!!! Lots side by side, row 9 in the corner seats 7-12, only $190 USD each! ACC regular season seats in the same location are $230! I swear earlier those same seats were $205!!!

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
James needs to stay in the net and wander out much less. Every time he is going to wander out behind his net to play the puck will give me a heart attack. Hold on to your butts!

James isn't stupid enough to do what Quick did tonight,plus James has been getting better with puck handling

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
For all the talk about how valuable Bozak is to this team from people did any of you guys who feel this way watch the St.Louis - LA game tonight. Did you guys see the play of one time Leaf Alex Steen tonight? That's the gumption that I've talked about that lacks in Bozak that proves to be the main factor why Boston has effectively shut down Kessel since he came a Leaf.

If Bozak plays the way Steen played tonight (I happen to believe Bozak is just as good & talented to Steen just lacks the gumption) Kessel will give Boston fits. But if he continues to play with tunnel vision in getting the puck to Kessel as soon as he touches it that line will in fact get shut down cause he'll be feeding into the double shadow and effectively taking JVR out of it cause Bozak rarely ever looks to play a 2 man cycle game with him that leads to the line being so damn ineffective.

While the media places blame on Kessel for what's gone on vs Boston the real issue is in fact his center Bozak doesn't play with gumption to make things happen. Man I wish I was coach cause I would set out a strategy to use Kessel as decoy drawing 2 men to him as he always does vs Boston and incorporate a 2 man game between Bozak and JVR. If Bozak is as important as people believe that's exactly what needs to happen other wise all he is then is a passenger to Phill kessel. As we all know to win a championship there can't be any passengers at all.

So while everybody is glued into the Kessel vs Boston story line I suggest to pay a closer attention to the Bozak vs Boston story line cause that's the one that will lead to Kessel going off on them or not starting with just one damn primary assist to JVR would be a great help to that.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
First Leafs playoffs game in a decade and I've got a monster cell bio exam the next day. Not sure if I'll be able to watch it :(

:(

LEAFSIN4

Jan 14, 2013
For all the talk about how valuable Bozak is to this team from people did any of you guys who feel this way watch the St.Louis - LA game tonight. Did you guys see the play of one time Leaf Alex Steen tonight? That's the gumption that I've talked about that lacks in Bozak that proves to be the main factor why Boston has effectively shut down Kessel since he came a Leaf.

If Bozak plays the way Steen played tonight (I happen to believe Bozak is just as good & talented to Steen just lacks the gumption) Kessel will give Boston fits. But if he continues to play with tunnel vision in getting the puck to Kessel as soon as he touches it that line will in fact get shut down cause he'll be feeding into the double shadow and effectively taking JVR out of it cause Bozak rarely ever looks to play a 2 man cycle game with him that leads to the line being so damn ineffective.

While the media places blame on Kessel for what's gone on vs Boston the real issue is in fact his center Bozak doesn't play with gumption to make things happen. Man I wish I was coach cause I would set out a strategy to use Kessel as decoy drawing 2 men to him as he always does vs Boston and incorporate a 2 man game between Bozak and JVR. If Bozak is as important as people believe that's exactly what needs to happen other wise all he is then is a passenger to Phill kessel. As we all know to win a championship there can't be any passengers at all.

So while everybody is glued into the Kessel vs Boston story line I suggest to pay a closer attention to the Bozak vs Boston story line cause that's the one that will lead to Kessel going off on them or not starting with just one damn primary assist to JVR would be a great help to that.

Man, JVR-Steen-Kessel would be a great line.

KlaxicoBurress

Dec 6, 2011
Toronto, ON
Leo Komarov ‏@CorporalKomarov 7m

have not sleep yet komrades. have watch Rocky 1, 2 and 3. now watch 5. think am kick open zamboni entrance before game next tomorrow. #Leafs

so awesome. doesn't watch rocky 4. easily my favourite athlete parody twitter account. major props to whoever operates this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad