Pre-Game Talk: Game 1: Maple Leafs @ Bruins, May 1, 7:00 ET CBC, CNBC, NESN (Pt 2)

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I just realized that all 4 NE teams are playing each other in the opening round and every O6 team is in the dance this year.

Except Buffalo

You mean EXCEPT BUFFALO!!! :P

I forgot that they were in our division. ;)

bwaahahaaahaaha

I was going to ask if Buffalo changed divisions on us.

seriously I think it is awesome that all 06 teams made it. I think it would be awesome if it was a constant.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Ron Wilson was one of the winningest coaches of all time when he was hired :dunno:

I think winning in the playoffs is a bit harder. It's no surprise that the Leafs are in the playoffs under a competent coach. I could get 30 wins coaching the Leafs in an 82 game season because that's all Wilson did.

Would Brodeur be considered a legend if he didn't win in the playoffs? His 600 wins would mean nothing if not for the Cups he has won.

Last edited:

leafstilldeath*

News: Marchand was found shopping for a scuba DIVING suit. Has been practicing diving since 5 am today

Rockinz

Leafs 4 the cup
Feb 25, 2010
Leaf Land
It's simple really.

We need to get in Rask's head. He is a liability and a mental meltdown ready to happen.

Beat em up and fill the net with pucks!!! :nod:

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
First playoff game in 9 years. I can't wait, but I have a weird feeling. Almost feels strange that the Leafs are still playing. I think I got so used to the disappointment that it hasn't sunk in yet.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Yea, well I'd rather them tie the game up if they were down to take it to OT but still. There is nothing like watching your team in playoff OT. It's off the charts intense.

Of course, the intensity is the whole thrill of the playoffs. This is what we have been waiting nine years for. It has finally come. :yo:

Let's just hope we can get a deep playoff run.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Holy crap. The Leafs better be prepared. Watching these teams go at it in the playoffs, I really hope we come out with the same intensity...

All these games are close...we can't lay a stinker :laugh:

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Holy crap. The Leafs better be prepared. Watching these teams go at it in the playoffs, I really hope we come out with the same intensity...

Man tomorrow is going to be so intense damn.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009

they won't. they're going to be awesome. :)

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Ron Wilson was one of the winningest coaches of all time when he was hired :dunno:

What exactly is your issue with Carlyle? I get the decisions with d-men can be frustrating, but I've seen you discredit him completely before. This is a guy who has a Stanley Cup, 2nd most playoff wins since '05 and coached this team to the playoffs for the first time in 9 years.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
There's no time to sit back and look flat. Need to skate during every shift.

Albeit the defensive scheme is more of a collapse and it causes forwards to skate less, not sure it's wise against Boston.

Go Leafs!!

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Of course, the intensity is the whole thrill of the playoffs. This is what we have been waiting nine years for. It has finally come. :yo:

Let's just hope we can get a deep playoff run.

we will.
Faith, man. We've got to have faith and Be-Leaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille