GDT: Game 1: Flyers @ Shorks | 7:30 p.m. PDT | NBCS | KFOX

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Let's be serious here

Shouldn't that have been a 5 minute major to GOONdas? I've seen 5 minutes over a guy giving someone a kiss.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not that I have high hopes for this team this year, but better goaltending and at least some semblance of penalty killing, and this is probably a regulation Sharks win tonight.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
No SNOG tonight.

full

GameSNOG WinnerResult
Oct. 4 vs FlyersnoneFlyers 5-3
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Psst... demoing new table functionality. Any feedback, aside from thoughts of "why are you doing that if it's always gonna be red?"

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
I know it's only 1 game, but holy cow do we lack speed all over the ice, especially on D. Why is Dillon pinching all the time, giving the Flyers 3 on 1s and breakaways galore?! Simmonds had an easy night parked in front. Penalty kill marking anyone?? Hertl and Meier look like they don't even want to play. If it wasn't for Jones, this game was over a long time ago. It's only one game!

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Two positives. 1) Lebanc scored a few goals 2) After letting in a few bad goals Jones made some great saves. Easily couldve been 6 goal game for the bad guys
Five Negatives 1) PP 2) PK 3)Defensive break downs in front of the net 4)Quiet games by guys who cant afford to be quiet 5) We lost.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
It's too bad we're gonna overpay Martin Jones to make spectacular saves and give up tremendous softies in the same game for the next infinity, but at least he'll have the best defenseman in the NHL in front of him to mitigate his lapses the whole time

On more optimistic note, I'm looking forward to the 4th overall pick we'll be getting once we lose all three lotteries this summer, it'll be really nice to restock our barren cupboards with an entire decent player who will only take 4-5 years to become average

Also, what are these "special teams"? Are they new? I don't think I'm the only one wondering, as the Sharks players and coaching staff seem to be asking the same questions

Oh yeah, and broken meaningless streak, yada yada yada

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
It's too bad we're gonna overpay Martin Jones to make spectacular saves and give up tremendous softies in the same game for the next infinity, but at least he'll have the best defenseman in the NHL in front of him to mitigate his lapses the whole time

On more optimistic note, I'm looking forward to the 4th overall pick we'll be getting once we lose all three lotteries this summer, it'll be really nice to restock our barren cupboards with an entire decent player who will only take 4-5 years to become average

Also, what are these "special teams"? Are they new? I don't think I'm the only one wondering, as the Sharks players and coaching staff seem to be asking the same questions

Oh yeah, and broken meaningless streak, yada yada yada
tbf, it's pretty unlikely to get that 1 OVA during a stealth tank. 4th OVA should be okie dokie.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I know it's only 1 game, but holy cow do we lack speed all over the ice, especially on D. Why is Dillon pinching all the time, giving the Flyers 3 on 1s and breakaways galore?! Simmonds had an easy night parked in front. Penalty kill marking anyone?? Hertl and Meier look like they don't even want to play. If it wasn't for Jones, this game was over a long time ago. It's only one game!
I do feel I've filled my quota on Jones critiquing tonight, but I could argue that if it wasn't for Jones, the 1st period ends with 0 goals for the Flyers. Both of the first two goals were bad and on him. First goal was completely his fault with the mishandle, second goal was a routine save that looked very harmless. I was pretty shocked when that went in.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Two positives. 1) Lebanc scored a few goals 2) After letting in a few bad goals Jones made some great saves. Easily couldve been 6 goal game for the bad guys
Five Negatives 1) PP 2) PK 3)Defensive break downs in front of the net 4)Quiet games by guys who cant afford to be quiet 5) We lost.

There's not much to like really about this forward group. Pavs is becoming such a passenger playing shotgun to Thornton who is just not as good at carrying his line as he once was. Labanc did score a couple but the penalties were bad other than his third one. Not much he could do there. The second line I feel is going to suck. Couture is not going to have much help from Donskoi and Boedker. And even if you took Boedker off that line, there isn't anyone that is really going to help Couture much. Meier-Hertl-Hansen is out of sync. I think that line could work if it's given time to gel but I don't think it'll ever be a world-beater. 4th line is meh and will continue to be meh. Tierney needs to be moved. Ward needs to be moved. Karlsson is fine for what he is and is overpaid but is inconsequential when the team isn't going to be much and isn't going to spend much. If the team wants to compete, they're going to need to get a good winger to compliment Couture or they're going to need to get a legitimate 3C and move Hertl up.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't know, but I "loved" it that he was arguing the call.
Haha he's terrible! You gotta love these guys that always have this shocked act when they're called for a penalty. The same penalty they've been called for countless times in their career, no less!

Linkster

Beard goggles!
Nov 11, 2010
Coastal Sharkifornia
The positives I'm seeing: (1) Labanc is ready to play except for a little discipline work; (2) DeBoer has all the video evidence he needs to condemn the PP and PK formulas.

#1 is not a problem, #2 is PsyOps.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There's not much to like really about this forward group. Pavs is becoming such a passenger playing shotgun to Thornton who is just not as good at carrying his line as he once was. Labanc did score a couple but the penalties were bad other than his third one. Not much he could do there. The second line I feel is going to suck. Couture is not going to have much help from Donskoi and Boedker. And even if you took Boedker off that line, there isn't anyone that is really going to help Couture much. Meier-Hertl-Hansen is out of sync. I think that line could work if it's given time to gel but I don't think it'll ever be a world-beater. 4th line is meh and will continue to be meh. Tierney needs to be moved. Ward needs to be moved. Karlsson is fine for what he is and is overpaid but is inconsequential when the team isn't going to be much and isn't going to spend much. If the team wants to compete, they're going to need to get a good winger to compliment Couture or they're going to need to get a legitimate 3C and move Hertl up.
I kind of agree with you on the forwards, which is why tonight was disappointing. Team played a pretty good 5 on 5 game, which I'm not sure they'll do on most nights. I'm not sure this is the 3 goals per game and 36 shot team that we saw tonight.

Tierney is completely useless as anything more than a regular 4th liner, been saying it for almost 2 years/ Ward is damn near completely useless as more than a 4th liner at this point in his career. Ditto for Boedker, if we get the Boedker we saw last year....

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
It was Meier-Hertl-Ward and Ward was killing that line a lot but Meier and Hertl didn't do a whole lot between the two of them either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad