GDT: Game 1: Caps vs. Blue Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
They might be the only team with D that can’t change the angle of a point shot and get the puck to the net.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Pet peev is guys in front battling and point guys play patty cake

But skill kills. DSP scored off a great pass but the stars are the game changers in the modern game.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
Isn’t BB a coach? Why would you think he beats any responsibility?

BB was a pound hockey system based on individual effort and not disciplined hockey. And this team came out scared and did not play hard for a 60min when they were coming up short for BB. And over time coaches have come and gone. And the problem is still the same with this bunch. You can point out the first coach for not playing hard. Then you can be mad about the second coach when they don't play hard. At some point you have to be a fool to keep blaming the coach when you are this deep in coaches having the same problem.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Ovi was garbage today. Coach needs to focus on the fastest players on the team
-Vrana
-Kuznetsov
- Burakovsky
- Orlov

And have those 4 guys as the game breakers.
Burakovsky and Vrana played like meatheads. Kuzy is definitely a game changer but doesn't always play smart either. I do like Orlov but he did get beat on 2 of the goals tonight including the game winner.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Really cant blame all top-6 much. Oshie definitely showed up, was engaged almost every shift. Backstrom as alwaysuseful and also two assists. Burakovky despite dumb penalty was one of our best forwards all night. Kuzy with two goals. Wilson with a great PK. The only question mark is Ovechkin. Looked heavy and puckhandling was brutal. Brooks Orpik-level brutal.
Did you watch the game? Wilson was trash. Poor decisions, fumbling the puck, ineffective forechecking, horrible penalty that cost us a goal, and struggled to get the puck out of the zone when he had chances. And calling OV a question mark is way too generous.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Pet peev is guys in front battling and point guys play patty cake

But skill kills. DSP scored off a great pass but the stars are the game changers in the modern game.
If you are talking about the time when Orlov and Carlson were passing back and forth instead of shooting it was because there was no lane to get the puck through.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Burakovsky and Vrana played like meatheads. Kuzy is definitely a game changer but doesn't always play smart either. I do like Orlov but he did get beat on 2 of the goals tonight including the game winner.
Orlov's defence is shaky. He needs to be used as a 4th forward. He's one of Caps fastest players

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
It's just one game but they deserve to lose this series based on how carelessly they started it. They played this sort of dangerous game last year with Toronto and managed to come out on top of the coin flips. Every series is a coin flip with Trotz. Now they've given the opposition life thanks to stupidity and coming into the series I didn't like their chances on the road. Regardless of how G2 goes, it's going to be that much more difficult in CBJ. They're going to get swarmed on the road IMO and they can't even handle getting out of their own way at home. It's just brutal how careless they are. It's a joke. I can't even get upset because it's so predictable.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
This game wasn't an oil painting, that's for sure. Ugly hockey.

Tough individual mistakes for Caps. Unnecessary penalty for Wilson, goal against. Unnecessary penalty for Burakovsky, goal against. Orlov got smoked in overtime. Orpik had the best seat in the house on the Vanek goal. Just ********* stood there.

Poor showing for Ovi. Wilson did precious little on the offensive side of the puck. Also, late 3rd period lead, on the PK, you get the puck on your stick, you gotta get it out.

I'm all for firing Trotz, would have done it a year ago but that's a lot of individual screw ups. Some guys had a pretty good game. All centers, Burakovsky, DSP. Whatever, neither team looks like they'll go far this year.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
LOL, your angle to defend Trotz. Burakovsky was phenomenal except for his penalty. And Vrana was dangerous in his 7 minutes.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Me too, zero cares given.

I enjoyed this year, the team was fun to watch. My biggest/only disappointment will be the kids not getting games/ice time in these playoffs. I want Gersich in, Djoos, Barber even, eh, it is what it is.

But once Trotz isn't re-signed that should change next season, although if it is Reirdon who knows.
Me too, zero cares given.

I enjoyed this year, the team was fun to watch. My biggest/only disappointment will be the kids not getting games/ice time in these playoffs. I want Gersich in, Djoos, Barber even, eh, it is what it is.

But once Trotz isn't re-signed that should change next season, although if it is Reirdon who knows.
And Boyd. If it is Reirdon more of he same.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Insert Gersich and Boyd..that would help..can't be any worse than the garbage we saw tonight.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
5 shots in goal combined in 3rd and OT. They just aren't taught, or don't know how to play winning hockey.
that's just an invitation to be scored on. i want them to be swept. tired pf trotz and his hockey, it's not suited for this team. for those saying it's a core, i agree, but no one wants our chokers. at least, we will watch an exciting brand of hockey

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Insert Gersich and Boyd..that would help..can't be any worse than the garbage we saw tonight.
I misread your post..Vrana and Bura had multiple scoring chances and played with speed..I guess you think they were garbage because they outplayed our veterans?..good gawd give me a break.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
No idea how Bura's game in the offensive zone hasn't developed over the past 3 years other than Trotz just flat out stunts young forwards.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
If you are talking about the time when Orlov and Carlson were passing back and forth instead of shooting it was because there was no lane to get the puck through.
Yes, and there were 3 guys unnecessarily hanging around the goal the whole time, nobody moving to the high slot for a pass or anything like that. Static as hell, makes life easy for the opponent and why we need individual wizardry to have any success.

Reactions: calicapsfan

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Yes, and there were 3 guys unnecessarily hanging around the goal the whole time, nobody moving to the high slot for a pass or anything like that. Static as hell, makes life easy for the opponent and why we need individual wizardry to have any success.
I agree someone needed to move to nthe slot or the half wall. There was really nothing the dmen could do there. There was absolutely no shooting lane. All they would have done is shoot at someone's shinpads and it would have ended up an oddman rush the other way.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I misread your post..Vrana and Bura had multiple scoring chances and played with speed..I guess you think they were garbage because they outplayed our veterans?..good gawd give me a break.
Vrana and Burakovsky made some very poor decisions in this game. They didn't outplay anyone. If all our forwards played like them we would give up 10 goals a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad