GDT: Game 1: Caps vs. Blue Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I doesn’t hurt like it used to. Especially if Ovie is gonna play like Curtis Glencross.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
Losers from top to bottom. This team is never gonna win one with Ovechkin leading. He looked just as ineffective as he did last season.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Eh, I'm just happy it didn't take too long one way or the other, all those OT games took a bite out of the Caps last season in round two.

Not that I think the Caps are getting to round two. ;)

Sucks we have to wait until Sunday for game two and it's a day game to boot, that never goes well for the Capitals.

Oh yeah and now we have to listen to an extra day of, "the Jackets did what they needed to do, at least a split on the road". There is no sport on this planet where home ice/field means less than the NHL in the playoffs.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Would love the caps to become the first team to fire a coach mid series. Can’t get much worse.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
f***, Columbus were timid during the overtime, we again didn't capitalize on it. During the last pressure, Ovie casually went for a change resulting the puck bouncing out of the offensive zone. Instead of pressing, we got a goal in our net. There is no killer instinct or whatsoever. How can you win when your superstar Ovie is taking day off? When players like Burakovsky can't spell tenancy and playoffs?

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Sorry but if they're gonna get sleek, slick Tesla Pannarin and we get heavy slow Ovie and pretty ordinary goalie play . . . well

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Eh, I'm just happy it didn't take too long one way or the other, all those OT games took a bite out of the Caps last season in round two.

Not that I think the Caps are getting to round two. ;)

Sucks we have to wait until Sunday for game two and it's a day game to boot, that never goes well for the Capitals.

Same here, I didn't want multiple OTs either. This series and the Sharks/Ducks series potentially has lots of OT games ahead.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
They're just dumb from top to bottom. It's absolutely Trotz's responsibility that they're not geared for more effective up-tempo play or that they have the level of conditioning they do as a result of that. But they're also just dumb. So. Who cares?

Reactions: calicapsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland