Post-Game Talk: Game #1 Blues vs. Pens Post Game Talk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Also...how great is it going to be if Petro outscores Shattenkirk

Wouldn't surprise me at all. Pietrangelo outscored Shatty in the first three of their six seasons together. It wasn't until Shattenkirk's injury-shortened season that they started leaning so heavily on Pietrangelo and his points took a bit of a dive. If Parayko takes a bit of weight off his shoulders and Pietro gets a full season as a go-to guy on the powerplay, he could easily see a noticeable point bump.

How did Allen performed?

A few really nice saves, controlled his rebounds well, and moved the puck well a few times. But he also over-committed and got caught swimming as we've seen so much before when he's not on top of his game. Definitely not bad, but not great, either.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
That’s a really inexperienced third line. Too much so for my taste and neither Steen nor Sobotka are natural RWs and Jaskin is.

Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Sobotka-Stastny-Thompson
Steen-Barbashev-Jaskin
Upshall/Megan/Paajarvi-Brodziak-Sundqvist

Uggh i hate that everyone wants Tara on the Schwartz and Schenn line. I personally like having 2 lines that pose a threat, just plug and play other teammates with Vladdy till someone clicks that can get him the puck in space. We just beat the defending Stanley Cup Champs without our best player scoring, cause we had multipul lines contribute.

Reactions: BlueDream

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Funny, you guys remember when Soby return, most of here predict he would be another 4th liner, worse then Berglund.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
How did Allen performed?
I would say he was okay. He still had a couple shots that deflected off his glove and stayed in play, which was a major problem in the preseason and burned him many times. Didn't burn him last night, but he needs to get it sorted out. He's not catching pucks cleanly.

He did get a bit squirrely in the net at times, but really didn't get burned by that either(though you could say that 5 on 3 goal was from an over-slide, but he had to challenge a Malkin one timer and he made the initial stop, he can't be expected to swallow up that shot. He needed his defense to clear the rebound for him, but it's a 5 on 3 so our Dman(Eddy, maybe?) just got double teamed and they put it in. I wouldn't blame him for that. Other goals were two screened shots from a point, and a cross-crease pass to a wide open one timer. I wouldn't really fault him too badly for any of the goals, but he definitely looked shaky at times. He made some big stops too though. I'd give him a C- for the game as a whole.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Hey Guys, I picked Alexander Steen in my fantasy pool, what is the status with him, he didn't play last night. Thanks

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Schenn is my new favorite blues fail...Bergy is second

Flyers fan here and I come in peace. I always was and am a Brayden Schenn fan. It sounds like he had a nice game for you guys. I do not know about him being a #1 center but that is just because Giroux was in his way and he never had the chance here. He is a stand up guy and a killer on the PP.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Uggh i hate that everyone wants Tara on the Schwartz and Schenn line. I personally like having 2 lines that pose a threat, just plug and play other teammates with Vladdy till someone clicks that can get him the puck in space. We just beat the defending Stanley Cup Champs without our best player scoring, cause we had multipul lines contribute.

It’s more about getting Tarasenko off a line with Stastny. It hasn’t worked overall for either of them.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I always buy a new jersey every year and bought my Parayko cross check jersey last year. I was planning on getting my Fabbri jersey this year but, now that he's out for the whole year, I'm afraid to buy one before I see how the injury has affected him, and if he'll even be around in a couple of years. I'm really thinking of going with Schenn if he continues to play like he did last night. He's looking like he has the ability to be a 60+ point guy if they keep him with Schwartz.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
GOOOOOOOOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!! if your day started rough or you are just in a bad mood, let me present you with a cure!!!

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I was pleasantly surprised with Thompson last night. You can obviously tell he's a rookie, but he still had some really good moments. I said last night that he needs to make quicker decisions, but I think that'll come with time.

Reactions: BangarangxRufio

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
I was pleasantly surprised with Thompson last night. You can obviously tell he's a rookie, but he still had some really good moments. I said last night that he needs to make quicker decisions, but I think that'll come with time.
I agree. he showed flashes of great puck control/dangles. He needs to be #2RW next game & BBshv need to be in that line up too!

KilmKostin

Sep 28, 2017
Hey Guys, I picked Alexander Steen in my fantasy pool, what is the status with him, he didn't play last night. Thanks

Our beat reporter, Andy Strickland, noted that he was skating (broken hand, keeping legs fresh) and says it should be another week. This was a few days ago. Next weekend is reasonable I'd say.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
Schenn and Schwartz were fantastic, instant chemistry between those 2.
I was able to sneak into the locker room after the first Preseason game they played on a line together and got a clip of their reaction.
giphy.gif

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
I want a video of Schenn throwing that puck pronto.

Whoever can make that happen, I would be eternally grateful.

courtesy of r/hockey on reddit

id for this gyfcat is necessary hairy gazelle if anyone gets the reddit reference

Reactions: Houli

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I wouldn't say Schenn lacks hockey IQ, but it's certainly not one of his strengths. He does seem like the type of player that will make boneheaded players occasionally (ex. the puck toss on the PK).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad