Post-Game Talk: Game #1 Blues vs. Pens Post Game Talk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
great night. a blues win and another correct prediction.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Yeah, even with the late meltdown, much more good today then bad.

Schenn-Schwartz looks like a legitimate dangerous combo.
Sobotka looks like he could be a solid bet to be a top 6 guy this year.
Both Thompson and Dunn didn't look out of place.
Yeo can yell at Schenn for being an idiot on that penalty without it costing us points.
Maybe we have enough reason to sit Thorburn the hell down, and, once more, cost us no points.
Good days overall for Jaskin, TT, and Sunqvist on the forward front. If they can be productive bottom 6 forwards for us, it will be very helpful.
Petro was awesome.
Dunn didn't look out of place.

So yeah, good game. Feels good man.

Reactions: shpongle falls

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
So we spotted Pittsburgh a couple goals and the OT point to thank them for giving us Kostin and Sundqvist, and to say thank you to Reaves for all his hard work. I can't even imagine how many goals we have to spot Philly for taking Lehtera.

Pietrangelo is on pace for 164 goals.

Definitely some sloppy play, but like what I saw for the most part. There was some chemistry there that kind of showed why the lines are what they are. Still, we need to bury Thorburn in a deep hole, get Barby in instead on the 3rd line. Allen was pretty shaky for some stretches. He needs to button it down. Schenn was good but showed he was as dumb as Philly fans said. Tage had a pretty strong game as did Dunn for the rookies. Not Calder caliber outings, but I won't be covering my eyes when they are on the ice either.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Yeah, even with the late meltdown, much more good today then bad.

Schenn-Schwartz looks like a legitimate dangerous combo.
Sobotka looks like he could be a solid bet to be a top 6 guy this year.
Both Thompson and Dunn didn't look out of place.
Yeo can yell at Schenn for being an idiot on that penalty without it costing us points.
Maybe we have enough reason to sit Thorburn the hell down, and, once more, cost us no points.
Good days overall for Jaskin, TT, and Sunqvist on the forward front. If they can be productive bottom 6 forwards for us, it will be very helpful.
Petro was awesome.
Dunn didn't look out of place.

So yeah, good game. Feels good man.
That about sums it up for me as well. Allen was pretty good too.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Schenn had some great moments but made some REALLY dumb decisions. Obviouslt the penalty was cringe-worthy, but he also made some shockingly stupid decisions with the puck. There was one pass in particular on out first PP, I believe, where his bad pass right after he entered the zone that turned into a dangerous rush against. Love his nose for the net, and I think he will for sure help more than he hurts, but Philly fans weren't joking about him being dumb. He and Schwartz were so f***ing fun to watch tho haha.

If anyone can tell me WTF Gunnarson was doing on this play, I am all ears:

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Great win and great GDT @Blanick not use to seeing really well made quality GDT's like that in this forum. Hope you keep them coming if you have the time.

Petro, Schwartz, Sobie, Stastny & Schenn (expect for that terribly stupid penality for the 5 on 3) were excellent. I thought Allen looked dependable too despite the final score.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Reading the Pittsburgh thread, they are hating on Reaves over there. I'd happily let them keep Thorburn and we take him back on the plane.

I know they have almost the exact same stats. Reaves is just more fun in the same role and gives better effort I think.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
Schenn had some great moments but made some REALLY dumb decisions. Obviouslt the penalty was cringe-worthy, but he also made some shockingly stupid decisions with the puck. There was one pass in particular on out first PP, I believe, where his bad pass right after he entered the zone that turned into a dangerous rush against. Love his nose for the net, and I think he will for sure help more than he hurts, but Philly fans weren't joking about him being dumb. He and Schwartz were so ****ing fun to watch tho haha.

If anyone can tell me WTF Gunnarson was doing on this play, I am all ears:

i repeat...GUNNY, i hate you

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Pretty random note overall, but man, ithat Vladimir Sobotka for David Warsofsky trade way back in the day was a really good one.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
This is too funny

ezgif-3-038b3750f2.gif

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Schenn is my new favorite blues fail...Bergy is second
I think Schenn has gotten his big blunder for The Blues out of the way in his 1st Blues game, and he will only get better and better. Other than that imbecilic move, he played well and looked good. I like the way he played tonight. He was very active both with and without the puck. He gave out his share of hitting, and played well positionally, and initiated a lot of offensive plays.

Reactions: rumrokh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->