Rumor: Galiardi on the trading block

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
If T.J. managed to score .5 points per game thats a huge win. He has wheels and good size and a good attitude but hes not very skilled so i'd be overjoyed if he managed that.

He was hitting at a .5 clip a little better I believe once They put them with some good people. My biggest question that I keep asking is if galiardi is gone Who do they plan on putting with Thornton burns? Hopefully they're going to acquire someone because I don't want to see Kennedy or Wingels on the top line.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
It's silly to me to see people complain that we should put lesser players with JT so he can elevate their play and push other guys down the depth chart, and when we finally find one that has chemistry with him after a gazillion failures (Mitchell, McGinn, Ferriero, etc.), everyone wants to upgrade on him. Pick a side. :rolleyes:

I'd like for the Sharks to keep Galiardi, and I like him on Thornton's wing.

But it is a question of salary. In my mind, Galiardi should get a modest bump over his QO and then prove himself with a strong year on Joe's wing. If he is already asking for more money...

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
He was hitting at a .5 clip a little better I believe once They put them with some good people. My biggest question that I keep asking is if galiardi is gone Who do they plan on putting with Thornton burns? Hopefully they're going to acquire someone because I don't want to see Kennedy or Wingels on the top line.

I don't see him doing it over 82 games. As of right now that line is up in the air until they make a decision on Burns.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!

One has to perform at this level over time, say a season or so, not a dozen games. Come on, 2 points in 11 playoff games is not enough either.

Good question on the 2nd part. Is Burns a forward?
We don't have the cap space for a deal unless we move some cap out... I favor a TJ and Demers package in a deal for a better forward, if possible. I just don't think it's gonna happen. :(

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
I'd like for the Sharks to keep Galiardi, and I like him on Thornton's wing.

But it is a question of salary. In my mind, Galiardi should get a modest bump over his QO and then prove himself with a strong year on Joe's wing. If he is already asking for more money...

Agreed. I don't know exactly what his QO would be, but I'd imagine that it's in the ballpark of $1M. I'd give him that, or even a slight bump to $1.25M, but if he's asking for something closer to $2M then it's best to just cut ties with him. He really hasn't done anything in his time here to warrant a pay raise or a longterm deal. I'm assuming DW wants to sign him to another one-year "prove me" deal like he did last summer, and Galiardi probably wants a little more security on a two or three-year deal. If TJ was smart he'd accept a cheap one-year contract and work his ass off to stay up on Thornton's wing, where he could probably put up 30-40 points and earn a decent contract next summer.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Agreed. I don't know exactly what his QO would be, but I'd imagine that it's in the ballpark of $1M. I'd give him that, or even a slight bump to $1.25M, but if he's asking for something closer to $2M then it's best to just cut ties with him. He really hasn't done anything in his time here to warrant a pay raise or a longterm deal. I'm assuming DW wants to sign him to another one-year "prove me" deal like he did last summer, and Galiardi probably wants a little more security on a two or three-year deal. If TJ was smart he'd accept a cheap one-year contract and work his ass off to stay up on Thornton's wing, where he could probably put up 30-40 points and earn a decent contract next summer.

Galiardi's QO is just barely south of a mil. Term could be an issue. I'm sure Galiardi wants two years to go straight to UFA if he could and DW probably wants one.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Galiardi's QO is just barely south of a mil. Term could be an issue. I'm sure Galiardi wants two years to go straight to UFA if he could and DW probably wants one.

Galiardi should be due almost 1.3 million as a QO.

Retrospectively, the extra 100-300K he gave out to Demers, Desjardins, and Sheppard could come back to bite him. Not saying that he didn't have to give those....

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Galiardi should be due almost 1.3 million as a QO.

Retrospectively, the extra 100-300K he gave out to Demers, Desjardins, and Sheppard could come back to bite him. Not saying that he didn't have to give those....

His QO is $997,500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca