Rumor: Galiardi on the trading block

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
We would get little to nothing for that package.

You never know. NJ just got a pretty good proven starting goalie for a first rounder.

I'm not sure if TJs camp is asking for to much or we're just screwed with the cap situation (i believe the later). Either way, i am fine with losing TJ. I'll speculate that we won't package him for a better player and we'll be lucky to get a 5th - 7th rounder for him.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
You never know. NJ just got a pretty good proven starting goalie for a first rounder.

I'm not sure if TJs camp is asking for to much or we're just screwed with the cap situation (i believe the later). Either way, i am fine with losing TJ. I'll speculate that we won't package him for a better player and we'll be lucky to get a 5th - 7th rounder for him.

Havlat not to be around for a while I don't think it's going to be a Issue but it gets more of where they thinking he's gonna slot in if hertls gonna make the team. But they do have room for him and the truth is if there's an injury ir 2 we will have a bunch AHL scrubs in our lineup again. We get one forward and have one for who could potentially make the team and people are quick to forget the not too long ago we had Kearns and Kennedy both in the lineup at the same time we don't want to go down that road again

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
So you just want him to be injured for the whole season? What did Havlat do to you that caused you so much hatred exactly?

He cant be counted on. Plain and simple. A line cannot establish any chemistry when said player is CONSISTANTLY out of the line-up..
And yes i would like his rehab to take 12 months, atleast we can use that 5mil for something beneficial. Like cap-room or another player. Then he comes back healthy next summer and he's traded for a stack of RangerRick mags and some Chicklets:)

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
So, would TJ for a forward prospect like Johan Sundstrom be a basis for a reasonable trade? What is Galiardi's perceived trade value, anyway? 3rd liner, tweener, scrub?

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
Havlat not to be around for a while I don't think it's going to be a Issue but it gets more of where they thinking he's gonna slot in if hertls gonna make the team. But they do have room for him and the truth is if there's an injury ir 2 we will have a bunch AHL scrubs in our lineup again. We get one forward and have one for who could potentially make the team and people are quick to forget the not too long ago we had Kearns and Kennedy both in the lineup at the same time we don't want to go down that road again

I agree that not signing him leaves room for Hertl, i'll add that we need to have a 7th D and 13th forward around, I project 1.3M in cap to cover both. Again not including Havlat's hit/LTIR. Even if we sign him where will he play as their are players ahead of him, he'll be in the press box and he's good enough to play at the NHL level , not watch. I think he needs a lower half team that will give him some ice time so he can find his NHL game.

May also depend on where Burns plays.

Bottom line is where their is smoke their is fire and DW clearly does not see a place for TJ. So we don't sign him, don't qualify him and he becomes a UFA or we move him for a low pick. TJ is not a game maker kind of player for us and yes i know he scored a playoff winner for us.

crunchyblack*

He cant be counted on. Plain and simple. A line cannot establish any chemistry when said player is CONSISTANTLY out of the line-up..
And yes i would like his rehab to take 12 months, atleast we can use that 5mil for something beneficial. Like cap-room or another player. Then he comes back healthy next summer and he's traded for a stack of RangerRick mags and some Chicklets:)

Cant say I disagree with this. I have always really like havlat but his string of injuries are just pathetic. Imagine if we had a healthy havlat in the line up for this years playoffs? Pretty sure it would have been a different outcome.

He can't be relied on for anything and has been nothing but a hinerence to us since he came here because of it.

At this point I want whats best for the Sharks, not Havlat, and that's for him to be on LTIR for the year until he can get his **** together. DW and co can decide what to do with his injury riddled ass after that.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
So, would TJ for a forward prospect like Johan Sundstrom be a basis for a reasonable trade? What is Galiardi's perceived trade value, anyway? 3rd liner, tweener, scrub?

Not sure who Sundstrum is.

Regarding his value, it depends on the team he's on and the forward depth they have. Could be a 2nd - 4th liner, tweener, press box hot hot eater...

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!

Is this the Sundstrum that played for Bridgeport last year and belongs to the Isles? Sure, if i'm DW i'd give you TJ for this Sundstrum.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
Who the hell is Johan Sundstrom?

50th overall pick from 2011. Hockey's future says:

Talent Analysis
Sundstrom has the bulk and strength of a power forward and has the requisite skills to play in small, tight areas. He plays a disciplined, two-way game and is effective at both ends of the ice and in all situations. He is not a dazzling or flashy offensive player but skates well and put up big scoring numbers playing at the junior level in Sweden.

Has not played Nhl yet, but think is ready to challenge

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
When galiardi actually wasn't playing with ahlers he was effective. Not a Great finisher but definitely effective. I think with a full season with burns in Thorton and he could be a 40 to 50 point guy. If he goes. And they plan on replacing them with an upgrade I'm all for it. But if not who's gonna play was Thornton and Burns.Wingels?I'm still not sold on him either

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
Cant say I disagree with this. I have always really like havlat but his string of injuries are just pathetic. Imagine if we had a healthy havlat in the line up for this years playoffs? Pretty sure it would have been a different outcome.

He can't be relied on for anything and has been nothing but a hinerence to us since he came here because of it.

At this point I want whats best for the Sharks, not Havlat, and that's for him to be on LTIR for the year until he can get his **** together. DW and co can decide what to do with his injury riddled ass after that.

Well said my brother :clap:

Irbes Mask

Like Wall
Jun 15, 2013
California

How exactly does one get his **** together with injuries?

And his injury history wasn't top secret info. The sharks knew what could happen. You seem to be blaming Havlat for his injuries. I find that really curious.

SJSharkz

Feb 21, 2007
Australia
Eh I'd still rather Havlat than Heatley....even if Havlat spends his career in the rehab room. Some of Marty's injuries have been just unlucky and odd. Feel sorry for the guy.

Audio Outlaw

Jaded Sharks Fan
Aug 1, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Don't agree here at all. Who can replace him from within? And why just let him go if his value is nearly zero? There's a lot of cap space and I don't see why they should let a top-9 winger go. It's not like we're full of top-9 wingers. I don't see why we should try to replace him.

I wouldn't say Kennedy is better than Galiardi. He's new and he's never worn teal before, but that doesn't mean he's suddenly better. Galiardi proved this year that he can play F1 on one of the top-2 lines on a team, he's a fast winger which we need. He played very well with Burns and the guys in the locker room like him.

The numbers are just not there for me to support Galiardi on a top 6 role. If we can keep his as a 3rd/4th line tweener I would take him at $1.25mil

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Not sure who Sundstrum is.

Regarding his value, it depends on the team he's on and the forward depth they have. Could be a 2nd - 4th liner, tweener, press box hot hot eater...

T.J. needs to play with high end skill guys to be effective. He was useless until he played with Pavs and then JT. Same thing in Colorado. He was good with Duchene. Hes a better and bigger version of Torrey Mitchell.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
How exactly does one get his **** together with injuries?

Put his salary into bionic body parts and robotic upgrades. I'm sure there's nothing in the CBA against having a set of titanium hips and back , rocket legs, an advanced targeting computer, and robot arms.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
It's silly to me to see people complain that we should put lesser players with JT so he can elevate their play and push other guys down the depth chart, and when we finally find one that has chemistry with him after a gazillion failures (Mitchell, McGinn, Ferriero, etc.), everyone wants to upgrade on him. Pick a side. :rolleyes:

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
T.J. needs to play with high end skill guys to be effective. He was useless until he played with Pavs and then JT. Same thing in Colorado. He was good with Duchene. Hes a better and bigger version of Torrey Mitchell.

I know. I'm just not sure how effective he'd really be with top players. If he has to play with, say Pavs and JT to puts up about .5 points a game, is that enough?? To me it's not if you are playing with guys that produce i the .75 to 1 point a game would want more and or a better player can can contribute closer to that of his line mates. I don't think he has the game/upside for more, and he's not a player that will make 3rh / 4th liners better.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
Is this the Sundstrum that played for Bridgeport last year and belongs to the Isles? Sure, if i'm DW i'd give you TJ for this Sundstrum.

One and the same. With the Nino for clutterbuck trade, it may be that the Isle is looking to trade some of their farm for NHL bottom 6 help. TJ (or in a perfect world, Burish) could provide some of that. Personally, I think we would have to add some, but maybe DW knows where the skeletens are buried in NY.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
I know hertl is a rw so if he plays with Thornton burns will have to be the f1. And play lw. I don't Know how likely that is. Which means if hertl doesn't play was Thornton then only other player would be Wingels by default unless we get someone else I do not want Wingels on the freaking top line

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I know. I'm just not sure how effective he'd really be with top players. If he has to play with, say Pavs and JT to puts up about .5 points a game, is that enough?? To me it's not if you are playing with guys that produce i the .75 to 1 point a game would want more and or a better player can can contribute closer to that of his line mates. I don't think he has the game/upside for more, and he's not a player that will make 3rh / 4th liners better.

If T.J. managed to score .5 points per game thats a huge win. He has wheels and good size and a good attitude but hes not very skilled so i'd be overjoyed if he managed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad