Rumor: Galiardi on the trading block

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
Also I'd much rather get rid of Burish And have Galiardi at half 1 million less that makes so much more sense. Burish Should be on the block not Galiardi

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I don't get why we traded a 2nd for Kennedy then try and trade Galiardi. Counter productive unless we get a it is for another young forward that fits better with us.

probably answered early in this thread but just never read it.

you do realize galiardi isn't signed right? galiardi basically can be saying i won't sign unless it is 3 million for 4 years (very high price i know but you get my point).

if wilson knows that galiardi is to high of a price tag to sign, then what do you want wilson to do, let galiardi sit at home or get the best available deal for him?

murdock1116

May 27, 2010
Los Angeles
Also I'd much rather get rid of Burish And have Galiardi at half 1 million less that makes so much more sense. Burish Should be on the block not Galiardi

This times 10!

If he is having trouble with cap and what not, I would much rather overpay Galiardi and get rid of Burish, than to trade TJ.

Though maybe Burish on his contract can't even land you a 7th.

LeeIFBB

Crossing the Rubicon
Sep 30, 2011
Tanning Bed
The trade that keeps on giving.

Ship him out, or don't. Go to arb, or don't. He is a nothing player pissing away a great opportunity.

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012

you do realize galiardi isn't signed right? galiardi basically can be saying i won't sign unless it is 3 million for 4 years (very high price i know but you get my point).

if wilson knows that galiardi is to high of a price tag to sign, then what do you want wilson to do, let galiardi sit at home or get the best available deal for him?

Yes I know he isn't signed. That could be the reason why he wants to trade him. I don't think TJ feels he is worth 3mil a year yet though.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
This times 10!

If he is having trouble with cap and what not, I would much rather overpay Galiardi and get rid of Burish, than to trade TJ.

Though maybe Burish on his contract can't even land you a 7th.

We signed him as a free agent. Future considerations at this point would be fine with me. I would much rather have Galiardi at Burish money or possibly a little less they have to get rid of TJ. I still believe he can be a solid forty point guy if we give him time to mesh and Keep him out of the press box. He's five or six Years younger than Bertish and even in this down season we didn't play much he was on pace for like 35 points why the hell would we get rid of him over Burish. who knows he might ba able to top out as a 50 point guy when put in the right situation this is pointless

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA

Then Wilson needs to stop being such a whimp and realize no one's giving Galiardi $3M a season. Let him sit there unsigned and we'll match the offer sheet if it comes.

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
How do you guys propose we get rid of Burish? Seriously, it's not as easy as saying, "Let's drop Burish and give Galiardi that money!"

Burish is a fourth liner signed for three more years with a $1.8M cap hit. No team will touch that. Plus, DW and TMac are probably fine with keeping Burish on the team in a fourth line role. The guy played almost every game for us last year, so the staff obviously likes him.

greatwhiteshark

Jun 12, 2013
Bay Area, Cali
I'm not saying they will, but they could use a compliance buyout on him. I don't know if their planning to buy anyone else out, so they could use their second compliance on Havlat next year if things don't work out. We all know Burish isn't worth almost 2 mil, so buy him out and use the cap space to sign guys T.J who could be a third/fourth liner. If needed be he could also step up with Thornton and Burns, not very effective but it has been proven to work out alright.

Im pretty sure teams can only use compliance buyouts on players who make over $3M a year. Burish will stay, he better bounce back and prove he is worth his absurd contract.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Then Wilson needs to stop being such a whimp and realize no one's giving Galiardi $3M a season. Let him sit there unsigned and we'll match the offer sheet if it comes.

gali is not that important of a piece to this sharks team, i know some of you like him. but he is nothing that is not replaceable easily. if wilson can get another warm body to take his place, or even a draft pick ( i know how much some of you just love those draft picks, its almost like winning the cup to some of you when the sharks have draft picks)

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Hopefully he raised his value in the stretch run/playoffs. But we are still just trading his rfa rights. Won't net us much. Thinking a late pick or a decent prospect

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
gali is not that important of a piece to this sharks team, i know some of you like him. but he is nothing that is not replaceable easily. if wilson can get another warm body to take his place, or even a draft pick ( i know how much some of you just love those draft picks, its almost like winning the cup to some of you when the sharks have draft picks)

I don't think he's important either but I'd rather keep Gali for another year rather than risk rushing Hertl because our next best option is Bracken Kearns.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I don't think he's important either but I'd rather keep Gali for another year rather than risk rushing Hertl because our next best option is Bracken Kearns.

Nieto, Hamilton, Stalberg, Oleksuk. We actually should have several better options this year.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Galiardi is nothing special. Brink in Korpikoski.

:facepalm:

The grass is not actually always greener. Even if we got Korpikoski, it would still be smart to keep TJ.

We don't have enough top-9 wingers with speed, but lets ge rid of one of them because he didn't scoar a lot of pointz and there's a different player with more pointz that's potentially available :facepalm:

Just stop dude.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
:facepalm:

The grass is not actually always greener. Even if we got Korpikoski, it would still be smart to keep TJ.

We don't have enough top-9 wingers with speed, but lets ge rid of one of them because he didn't scoar a lot of pointz and there's a different player with more pointz that's potentially available :facepalm:

Just stop dude.

Why does he need to stop? Hes right. TJ isn't anything special at all. If he takes the Sharks to arbitration again they will trade him or let him walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad