Gagarin Cup Playoffs 2018

Winner?!

• Total voters

IAM

Sep 3, 2014
Well, it seemed like Jokerit were more tired during most of the OT. CSKA had clearly more gas but this is naturally a huge mental boost for Jokerit.
It's a mental boost for Jokerit. But CSKA is a professional team and they can handle this. If Jokerit can tie this series. Then it's bye bye for CSKA.

Northur

Mar 17, 2018
Kulakov is the single worst referee Evert. No matter what game he is officiating.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
I hate internet forums these days but had to drop in here for a sec. I have watched Jokerit in KHL from the beginning and have seen quite many games during the years. At the beginning with strong "Jokerit glasses" on and now in very casual way. Results doesnt matter to me anymore. During this run in general Jokerit have deserved most of their penalties but the problem in KHL is that Russian teams get away from many similar situations. The non calls for Russian teams is the biggest problem. That said, the game field has never been totally even and everybody who thinks that it is. Wake the F up and watch some more games. If that's crying and whining according to the amazing internet and HFB rules. So be it. Though CSKA was slightly the better team in the series and deserved to advance. Congrats to them and I hope they kick SKA's ass! Jokerit definately closed the gap this year but the big teams are still too big. Edit. Also the refs didnt decide the winner of this series, it was all about the teams and coaching.

Last edited:
Reactions: Exarz and TommySalo

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Most penalized teams in the KHL this season by minutes, non-Russian ones bolded:

979 Slovan Bratislava
807 Ak Bars Kazan
787 Barys Astana
767 Severstal Cherepovets
759 Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
758 Admiral Vladivostok
755 Kunlun Red Star
753 Dinamo Minsk
748 Yugra Khanty-Mansiysk
739 Dynamo Moscow
736 HC Sochi
723 Sibir Novosibirsk
688 Salavat Yulaev Ufa
-----KHL Average-----
686 Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod
680 Amur Khabarovsk
-----Russian Average-----
666 Vityaz Podolsk
650 CSKA Moscow
650 Lada Togliatti
624 Dinamo Riga
618 Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk
610 Jokerit Helsinki
606 Metallurg Magnitogorsk
601 Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg
595 Avangard Omsk
549 Spartak Moscow
535 SKA St. Petersburg
470 Traktor Chelyabinsk

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
^ it doesnt calculate about similar game situations where one team gets a penalty and where the other doesnt. Though in top-8 teams, 50% are non russians.

Last edited:

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
In my opinion there can be some genuine structural bias due to cultural differences and alike, but hardly a conspiracy. Could be good to diversify the referee lineup further.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Most penalized teams in the KHL this season by minutes, non-Russian ones bolded:

979 Slovan Bratislava
807 Ak Bars Kazan
787 Barys Astana
767 Severstal Cherepovets
759 Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
758 Admiral Vladivostok
755 Kunlun Red Star
753 Dinamo Minsk
748 Yugra Khanty-Mansiysk
739 Dynamo Moscow
736 HC Sochi
723 Sibir Novosibirsk
688 Salavat Yulaev Ufa
-----KHL Average-----
686 Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod
680 Amur Khabarovsk
-----Russian Average-----
666 Vityaz Podolsk
650 CSKA Moscow
650 Lada Togliatti
624 Dinamo Riga
618 Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk
610 Jokerit Helsinki
606 Metallurg Magnitogorsk
601 Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg
595 Avangard Omsk
549 Spartak Moscow
535 SKA St. Petersburg
470 Traktor Chelyabinsk

Jokerit is very down in the standings. Next year Putin must pay refs much more.

Reactions: Blue prez

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
As I've said earlier this year, it's pretty common for one absolute blowout to happen in the long series. Nice of Traktor to pummel SU on the home ice but they have way bigger task - winning against refocused SU in Ufa - ahead of them.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
As a non-KHL fan I'll be rooting for Ak Bars from here on out. I've seen something like two KHL games in my lifetime (time zone doesn't work out great for me) but I'll try to watch as much of this Ak Bars - Traktor series in hopes Markov goes all the way... I just hope neither army team wins (even though it's bound to happen)

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
As a non-KHL fan I'll be rooting for Ak Bars from here on out. I've seen something like two KHL games in my lifetime (time zone doesn't work out great for me) but I'll try to watch as much of this Ak Bars - Traktor series in hopes Markov goes all the way... I just hope neither army team wins (even though it's bound to happen)
So the Markov banwagon arrived :)

Welcome aboard. :thumbu:

Reactions: Habs76

DivochLubo

Feb 28, 2007
So overtime at first western conference finals. Solid game by CSKA, but so bad powerplay. Kuzmenko for hattrick in overtime,very good game from him and Kaprizov.

Last edited:

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Kuzmenko completes the hat-trick and CSKA wins. Pretty good game for the youngster.

The sad thing is he is 22 should be in his prime, yet he barely cracks the line up. Same with Sevtlakov. These two guys would be prime commodity, had they been Canadian, going through NA system, yet in CSKA they are almost "pluggers". Let the guys play 20 minutes a game, make mistakes and get better!!!

Reactions: CPFC

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Here we go again.. Ska had seven players on the ice and refs failed to see that even after review...

Well, it didn't count since they were in the 1.5-meter exchange zone and didn't participate in game action (Rule 411 from the pdf I posted couple of pages back). Therefore players 4 and 5 were in that zone:

DZoG6oRXkAAvPvs.jpg

Reactions: Peanut and kometa

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
How is Kovalchuk's 2 way game in the KHL? Is he a new player after 5 years after leaving NJ?
(Move to appropriate thread if this isn't it)

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
How is Kovalchuk's 2 way game in the KHL? Is he a new player after 5 years after leaving NJ?
(Move to appropriate thread if this isn't it)
Sounds like you think his 2-way game was either extremely good or bad in NJ. We'd ha e to know which of those narratives we have to dismantle to answer.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Sounds like you think his 2-way game was either extremely good or bad in NJ. We'd ha e to know which of those narratives we have to dismantle to answer.
Initially thought it was extremely good in NJ but asked the NJ board and they pretty much said it was adequate after being a big floater when he came in, how's it been in the K?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad