Gagarin Cup Playoffs 2018

Winner?!

• Total voters

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
How many of top russian players on NHL, KHL coming from Traktor school?
You may or may not count Panarin as he moved to Vityaz at a very young age but other than him: Kuznetsov, Dadonov, Nichushkin, Voynov, Gonchar. That's one hell of a solid list.

For comparison's sake, Ak Bars have never produced a solid NHL player. Burmistrov was closest to being one.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com

You may or may not count Panarin as he moved to Vityaz at a very young age but other than him: Kuznetsov, Dadonov, Nichushkin, Voynov, Gonchar. That's one hell of a solid list.

For comparison's sake, Ak Bars have never produced a solid NHL player. Burmistrov was closest to being one.

Not mentioning Makarov in the Traktor hockey school discussion is a bit too much... also if we go into details, there were old school Soviet and 90's guys like Bykov, Starikov, Babinov, Davydov, Mylnikov, Yachmenev, Nazarov and some decent KHLers like Nesterov, Shalunov, Shumakov, Karpov, Burdasov, Zernov.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
There is probably not one russian KHL team without a Tchelyabinsk product on it. AkBars has 4 counting Zaripov who is a Mechel Chelyabinsk product, so still Chelyabinsk while not the Traktor school.

Chelyabinsk is the backbone of russian hockey development. They do not only produce superstars, but numbers, numbers of players who fill out the leagues from top to bottom talent wise.

There is an article for you titled "what if you made a team of Chelyabinsk products."

Как бы выглядел состав Трактора состоящий из Челябинских воспитанников?

G
Demchenko
Galimov
Fokin
(That's two bona fide KHL starters)

D
Voynov
Belov
Nesterov
Medvedev
Koltsov
Martynov
Shinin
Pashnin
(That's 4 former and current NT players)

F
Panarin
Kuznetsov
Zaripov
Dadonov
Nichushkin
Karpov
Popov
Glinkin
Shalunov
Shumakov
Burdasov
Prokhorkin
(That's 4 former and current NT players and I am being super demanding not counting Prokhorkin, Nichushkin, Shumakov and Shalunov as clear cut NT players while they played in some tournaments including this past Olympics for some)

7 players from this list will face off in the upcoming KHL finals(Popov only on paper because of the injury).

12 played it the semi finals.

Reactions: Acallabeth

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Well for instance what are your picks? Who wins, in how many games, how is mvp? That's more interesting than constant nonsense whining.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Whining > speculating. At least for me. I agree with Atas for once, everything will play out on the ice very soon. Bookies say CSKA are heavy favorites, I think they are not THAT heavy favorites. I also think Azevedo should be an MVP regardless of who wins, unless he gets suspended/injured/is complete no-show during the finals.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
This will actually be a real fun series to watch! However, I believe CSKA's depth will be the major key in this and they will take it in 6.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I hope cska wins, however, the playing field is way uneven in this league, and this make me appreciate the win by CSKA (if this is to happen) less. Some would say, shut up and enjoy, but I am just not made this way.
Ak Bars is very strong team KHL wise, they will put up a fight for sure.

Local290

Jun 28, 2016
Can somebody tell me what happened with Sorokin and why he hasn’t been playing? He get hurt? Start playing poorly?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He got yanked in game 6 of the series against SKA after allowing 2 quick goals, Johansson came in and completely stole the show so he got the start yesterday as well. There is a decent chance Sorokin will start game 2.

Reactions: Local290

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Yeah, if there's any excuse for CSKA, it's their 30-year drought. It's not like they didn't deserve it after all the farce of Soviet championship victories though...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad