Lokomotiv - Torpedo

East

Ak Bars vs Amur
Ufa vs Omsk
Traktor vs Neftekhimik
Avtmobilist vs Magnitogorsk

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I personally think Traktor and Avto series are the only ones where there could be legitimate intrigue. However I think only SKA and, maybe, SU can win their series 4-0.

P.S. Probably some wishful thinking there.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Could we possibly have this stickied?

This year, I watched almsot no KHL at all due to streaming issues but for now found a solution so will probably follow play-off at least. I basically have no option but to watch whatever KHL HD broadcasts but my top picks for first round would be Loko-Torpedo in west and Avto-Magnitka in the east. As always, east is more unpredictable. I'm an Avangard fan and I'd definitely love to see them against Salavat but not much excited about it - we'll lose, I know it. I want to see Traktor do well, too.

I just wish SKA were not pumped that much. As I've written in the other thread; but for their ridiculous dominance, this could have been a legendary season in terms of parity.

Reactions: Acallabeth

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
I can see Sochi upsetting Jokerit, their system is very difficult for Jokerit to play against. They clog the neutral zone effectively and have good counter attack players, like O'Dell. Plus Barulin has always been great against Jokerit.

Reactions: Exarz

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
If SKA do the unthinkable and get knocked out who becomes the new favourite? I think it's very unpredictable in that scenario.

I believe it would be CSKA, again, by a big margin. Their final series against Ak Bars would probably a little bit more competitive but still there would be no stage of disbelief throughout the series. I'm not sure whether KHL actually wants to create a competitive league in terms of parity but personally, as a huge fan of the league, I think this is an aspect they need improvements in if they want to be a successful international brand.

For years, I followed the league day and night. From Amur to Spartak, I've watched pretty much every single game I could. But now I'm having troubles concentrating - it just feels like I'm wasting my time, knowing how everything will end. Jokerit, Sochi, Loko, Torpedo... All good teams with awesome on-ice product. But in a couple of weeks, all of them will be gone. What's the point?

Of course there will be stronger sides that are more likely to win it all - I'm not asking for a toss to determine the champion. Though the way the league is structured have been problematic. OK, enough pessimism for now. Hope my courageous effort of jinxing will work and it will be Severstal against Amur in Gagarin Cup Finals.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
if all the favorites win CSKA would be playing Jokerit in the second round?
yes

edit:
This tweet shows it differently, but it does not make sence 1st and 2nd to play in next round.

DivochLubo

Feb 28, 2007
Good game by Severestal today. Penalties took big suprise from them. Young Geraskin was pretty good. Kagarlitsky is great player.

powerplaymaker

Mar 5, 2018
Helsinki
Did anyone actually see the match between SKA and Severstal? Where the refs just biased or was SKA on the drivers seat the whole way? Penalty-ratio seems a bit odd...

Jokerit won Sochi by a wide margin, thank god. Hopefully they will utilise the whole depth of the roster on the coming days..

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Did anyone actually see the match between SKA and Severstal? Where the refs just biased or was SKA on the drivers seat the whole way? Penalty-ratio seems a bit odd..
Well you can always find calls that maybe should have been blown but there let go but in general, SKA was just all over them. I mean, SOG were 16-1 in SKA favor in the 3rd.

Also, a bit of a random thought, Linus Videll is very special player in the KHL history. The amount of patience Traktor had with him is incredible by KHL standards, 3 months of producing next to nothing. And yet, it all payed off when he got going. And his statline at the end of the year looks as steady as they come compared to the seasons in the past. Really nice to see someone give snake-bitten player a chance to work through the funk.

Last edited:
Reactions: TommySalo

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I'm guessing Shikin in the net tomorrow and a close fight. Somebody blows 1 game completely almost every series. Sochi blew 2 in a row, which is worse but I don't think anyone is giving up on a series trailing 2-1.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well Ava payed Sundstrom salary for a year but turns out, all worth it :D

SKA taking 4 penalties in a row. #rigged

Also why the hell is Shestyorkin not given a chance to start a single game.

Last edited:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Official statement of the KHL about SKA´ goal yesterday. See.

To sum it up, Severstal´s arena has bad cameras. That is one of the reasons the club should be moved to the VHL after this season. The KHL does not need such clubs.

The statement of Anisimov, the head of refs department. See.

"Some clubs do not follow league´s recommendations about cameras and all this stuff. Then this happens." That is not literal translation, just the point.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad