Gagarin Cup Playoffs 2018

Winner?!

• Total voters

DivochLubo

Feb 28, 2007
Why is Nikitin rotating players so much? Disbanding working combos like Popov-Grigorenko? I don´t like Telegin with Andronov. For me Andronov play way better without him. Powerplay of CSKA is so bad. :(

Patera

Nov 16, 2015
According to Malamud, winning SKA shouldn't have been possible but they did it. Then he said that CSKA is a only team that can beat SKA because of Soviet traditions (or something like that) but now Kazan leads the series 2-1. By the way, the amount of penalties in this series is the following (CSKA penalties first)

Game 1: 8-0
Game 2: 12-8
Game 3: 4-8

How you explain this Slava?

Reactions: TommySalo

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Congratulations Ak Bars! They are worthy champions, but I think CSKA was rather exhausted in the finals after playing a longer-than-expected round against Jokerit and a tough round against SKA.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Congratulations Ak Bars! They are worthy champions, but I think CSKA was rather exhausted in the finals after playing a longer-than-expected round against Jokerit and a tough round against SKA.

Yeah, they were, plus a couple of key players weren't on the best conditions. On the other hand, they did have a roster good enough to win, thus they could and should have done better.
Hats off to Zaripov! 5-time Gagarin Cup champion!

LIOVA

May 14, 2013
Sochi
Garipov simply the wall largely thanks to him this victory! And finally, Azevedo takes the Cup on the third try! With the victory of the leopards!

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Congrats Atas, I hope you were at arena Even through tv the atmosphere at last moments felt electric and should be a fantastic experience live.

Reactions: Atas2000

tsamolotoff

May 7, 2017
Moscow
Not sure about Atlas, but I was (my vacation, basically) - it was terrific, especially compared to CSKA shed (not sure there's better word for their decrepit rink), whole 8900 crew stood and applauded for 20 mins after the final whistle. No one believed in us, but we prevailed, kudos to Azi (I really hope our management would re-sign him NOW), Potapov, Burmi (good surprise here), and even Markov, Garipov and Svitov who were incessantly criticized whole regular season.

Reactions: TommySalo

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah it's really nice for Garipov, this season will probably make his career. He still isn't the greatest goalie but he showed he is absolutely adequate even for a cup-winning team and you are saving an import roster spot.

Azevedo will probably get some NHL offers, I think he takes one of them, even if for a try-out only. He can always come back to Ak Bars in October, I'd assume they wouldn't shut the door.

Acallabeth

Heart ablaze
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
A great and refreshing victory from Ak Bars (even if it's a bit strange to feel it about the first 3-time champions), congratulations!

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Kazan3 Magnitogorsk2 Ufa1 SKA2 Dynamo2 so that's 6 Cups for the "East" and 4 Cups for the "West".

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
How is that relevant? Does anybody keep a count of how many cups east vs. west have in the NHL?

As a trivia piece sure, why not.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
How is that relevant? Does anybody keep a count of how many cups east vs. west have in the NHL?

As a trivia piece sure, why not.
LOL I am not going to look up all the endless East vs. West threads. Do it yourself. There is an endless discussion about one conference or the other being tougher, more physical, faster or better overall in the NHL. There are threads about players benefitting from changing conference because the other one is weaker/stronger/faster/slower(you can make a case for whatever of course).

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yes, because one conference is always better than the other. East was clearly better in the KHL for the first 4 years, West was clearly better in the later years. Nobody takes into account ancient history though because it's irrelevant for today. Or do you want to make a point East is better conference today because Ak Bars won 2 cups 10 years ago?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Yes, because one conference is always better than the other. East was clearly better in the KHL for the first 4 years, West was clearly better in the later years. Nobody takes into account ancient history though because it's irrelevant for today. Or do you want to make a point East is better conference today because Ak Bars won 2 cups 10 years ago?
Most recent 5 Cups:

3 East
2 West

You were saying?

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
And of course in most leagues with 2 conferences there's a big rivalry, KHL NHL NBA NFL MLB MLS. After all the whining we heard here this year about CSKA SKA and how Jokerit and others couldn't compete...So 3/5 and 2/3 Gagarin Cups for East teams. Take that you whiners.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->