G Jake Oettinger - Boston University, NCAA (2017, 26th, DAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
The two aren’t comparable in any way, really.

Was referring more to the teams than the players. Rookie goalie stepping in and last place team starts winning. Kind of like Andrew Hammond's run with the Senators.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Was referring more to the teams than the players. Rookie goalie stepping in and last place team starts winning. Kind of like Andrew Hammond's run with the Senators.
No, it's nothing like that situation either

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It's becoming pretty clear that next season one of Bishop or Khudobin has be playing elsewhere because Oettinger is ready. With Bishop hurt right now for most of this season its fine but Bishop will be back at some point. Oettinger is too good to be playing in the AHL next year ( and the AHL team also is doing fine without him ) . Most likely means Khudobin won't be with the Stars next year.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's becoming pretty clear that next season one of Bishop or Khudobin has be playing elsewhere because Oettinger is ready. With Bishop hurt right now for most of this season its fine but Bishop will be back at some point. Oettinger is too good to be playing in the AHL next year ( and the AHL team also is doing fine without him ) . Most likely means Khudobin won't be with the Stars next year.
Bishop is listed with a NMC. But regardless of that NMC, at his age and coming off surgery, I don't see him being moved as other teams won't want that kind of risk with a goalie.
So, it's Khudobin who would need to be moved. Is he playing well, like he was in the playoffs and most of last season? He's got 2 years left on his $3 mill plus cap hit contract right? Is he likely a ED selection or would Dallas have to try to move him elsewhere? Actual salary for Khudobin is $400K higher than his cap hit. Not a huge variance, but still a variance in this covid world.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Bishop is listed with a NMC. But regardless of that NMC, at his age and coming off surgery, I don't see him being moved as other teams won't want that kind of risk with a goalie.
So, it's Khudobin who would need to be moved. Is he playing well, like he was in the playoffs and most of last season? He's got 2 years left on his $3 mill plus cap hit contract right? Is he likely a ED selection or would Dallas have to try to move him elsewhere? Actual salary for Khudobin is $400K higher than his cap hit. Not a huge variance, but still a variance in this covid world.

Khudobin has been meh . Some good stretches , some bad . He has 8 of the Stars 9 regulation losses to his name. His contract isn't too big so should be moveable.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Oettinger has been better so this is the right move. I think Khudobin can bounce back, but things will get interesting when Bishop comes back. Oettinger could go to the AHL or they could waive/trade Khudobin. You think there would be teams willing to take a stab on Khudobin

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Dallas has to have a goalie they expose for the expansion draft. That's going to be Khudobin. They won't waive him.
And does that mean Oettinger ends up back in the AHL to finish the season or that Dallas would have to get some sort of ED eligible goalie in return for any potential trade?

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
That assumes Bishop even makes it back. But for the sake of argument, I think they'd send Jake down the Texas for a potential playoff run. Not ideal and he wouldn't be happy but I think he'd understand. The problem comes if Seattle doesn't take Dobby. Then what do they do but I'm not sure they can count on Bishop until it actually happens.

Reactions: bleedblue94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad