G Jake Oettinger - Boston University, NCAA (2017, 26th, DAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Leafs got Woll at #62 last year, I consider Oettinger and Woll equal...overhyping?

You need to calm your hype there. Woll is no where near Oettinger.

Oettinger's potential is through the roof, Woll is just your average goalie prospect. Don't be like dis :help:

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

Oettinger's potential is through the roof, Woll is just your average goalie prospect. Don't be like dis :help:

You sure about that, they are both 98 birthdays and Woll played in the WJU20 while Oettinger was the 3rd string.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta

I think it's pretty ridiculous at face value, but they're only about 6 months apart in age and Woll did have a pretty good season. Oettinger had a SV% 14 points higher than that of Woll's, but BU was STACKED this season, especially on defense. They certainly aren't "the same", but I'd say they're closer than you might think.

And while I don't think the opinion of Team USA is the be-all and end-all, but they did pick Woll over Oettinger just a few months ago.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Woll and Oettinger are quite close, the big thing is, Oettinger has a year of proof above the USNTDP which raises his stock and its a weaker draft.

I don't think he makes it past St Louis's 2nd first.

They were equal at the USNTDP and Oettinger didn't massively outplay Woll this year. Woll is more athletic, while Oettinger is more positionally sound.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Made 14 saves in OT yesterday to beat Boston College, follows it up with a shutout against Providence to win Hockey East.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Rogie21

Sep 10, 2005
Oettinger had an uneven first semester, fighting the puck on some night. But was the main reason BU finished 13-3-3.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
That's one of the biggest things I noticed about him when watching him play. His calmness in net reminds me of Carey Price
I remember him drawing a lot of comparisons to Price pre-draft (style-wise of course)

Reactions: Kcb12345

TMLeafs18

Aug 7, 2015
Canada
Is it just me or is Point firmly ahead of Oettinger at this point. From the my limited viewings which consist of world juniors and only a couple of NCAA games from each Point has looked amazing and to me Oettinger wasn’t very good. Any Dallas fans care to comment that would have more insight?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't know why this guy's stock fell so much last season. He's always been really good, and had a slight down season for a team that struggled at the beginning of last year. His play wasn't even that bad by the end of the season. His final SV% was .915, which is respectable. I still think he was worth a first round pick.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Considering the team in front of him he's playing lights out. Buch is right he probably shouldn't have had his stock lowered last season but it was, however this year I think he's right back to being a top 5 goalie prospect. In fact I would probably place him at #3.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
BU season is done. Finished with 2.45 GAA and .926SV%.

Dallas will be looking to sign him this off-season and have him in Texas next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad