GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Part 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostofKenKlee

You think we're going to swap forwards for defense? I suppose that's possible. Wonder if Edmonton would trade us Fayne for Ryder.

Either a steady hand on defense or the young winger every one here craves. Could be both....

New Jack City

Dec 28, 2011
"Radim Vrbata's camp doesn't wish to reveal which teams are in the running for the UFA wing out of respect for the process and those teams."

Lou.

GhostofKenKlee

Radim is Melo Anthony....

Too bad Vaclav Havel (RIP) is no longer with is to witness the Czech powerhouse..

Devils Army

Rebuild Over.
Feb 3, 2014
New Jersey
If we sign Vrbata then there is no point to signing Havlat unless we go
Cammy-Zajac-Jagr
Brunner-Henrique-Vrbata
Rutuu-Elias-Havlat
Zubrus-Josefson-Gio

Actually thats pretty deep, but i think they want Rico on the wing

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
"Radim Vrbata's camp doesn't wish to reveal which teams are in the running for the UFA wing out of respect for the process and those teams."

Lou.

Where did you see that quote..

found it

Craig Morgan ‏@cmorganfoxaz 13m
Radim Vrbata's camp doesn't wish to reveal which teams are in the running for the UFA wing out of respect for the process and those teams.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I want to sign Vrbata just to watch Lou try to make this work :laugh:

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
EMHQuON.jpg

devs1616

Jan 26, 2014
I would love to see us sign Vrbata but i just cant see it unless Lou can start moving guys out. If we get Vrbata we have a legitimate top 6 which we did not have last year.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
if we sign Vrbata, camp this year will pretty much resemble the New Jersey Hunger Games

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
If we actually get Vrbata, i could see us trading some forwards for a decent depth defender for sure.

I have a hunch Salvador might still be moved / LTIR'd, we were obviously interested in bringing back Fayne for a reason; i'm not sure Lou is convinced Gelinas is a full time NHL defenceman yet; i'm sure he also realises Harrold has his limitations and Salvador has severely regressed.

I wouldn't be surprised to see another experienced body added back there, hopefully someone on the right side of 30 and on a shorter deal.

With Harris wanting to make the playoffs this year and his obvious willingness to spend, i could see him allowing Lou to make some aggressive moves to get this team back to being a guaranteed playoff squad.

We're not too far right now, we need to cut some deadweight and then make maybe one more decent addition up front and on the blue line in my opinion.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I want to sign Vrbata just to watch Lou try to make this work :laugh:

Someone will want Ryder. Teams that lost out on goal scoring FA will make the move for him.

After that i have no idea who moves. I dont really want to move Brunner, Zubrus might be valuable to a young team as a leader type guy. I dont think he would move Ruutu but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad