GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Part 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 1m
#Isles have signed F Nikolai Kulemin and C Mikhail Grabovski to 4-year contracts.

Uh oh, adding these two players to the third deepest team in the league is deadly. They may not only make the playoffs, they may win the cup or at least be a favorite to come out of the East!:laugh:

Seems like they've too caught the Flyers and Pens syndrome. Defense blows but let's keep signing offense!

NHL Fanatik*

WIth that Isles signing, that's gotta pressure Lou into getting Vrbata even more. Maybe up the deal by 250, 500, 750k.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
I wonder if they make a trade for some defence? There's no denying that dramatically improves their team though; they won't have to rely as heavily on youngsters like Nelson, Strome, Lee etc to make significant impacts right away.

They could be a pretty good team if they trade a youngster for some defensive help, i really like those moves for them!

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
we still have problems with the Isles no matter who they have. With Kulemin, Grabo, Tavares, Grabner, Okposo, Nielsen, and Conacher I bet they are going to be a pain in the ass to play against.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Kulemin had one legit good year, the same year Tuomo Ruutu was a 25-goal scorer. Grabovski's not a terrible signing but they had to replace Vanek/Moulson after all lol

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm still 80-85% sure they miss the playoffs. They still have among the worst defenses in the league, and are still coached by Crapuano.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
we still have problems with the Isles no matter who they have. With Kulemin, Grabo, Tavares, Grabner, Okposo, Nielsen, and Conacher I bet they are going to be a pain in the ass to play against.

Yawn.

I've been hearing this for years.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm still 80-85% sure they miss the playoffs. They still have among the worst defenses in the league, and are still coached by Crapuano.

The pressure's GOTTA be on him now though...another slow start and he may be faxing his resume to the KHL.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
I don't understand how Grabo gets 5 million tossed at him every off season for what 40 points? must be nice

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
the Islanders stink

Yeah but Grabo was the best free agent available and someone told me they have the third deepest team in the league.

They also have Halak. Did you see that playoff run from 5 years ago? The Blues wanted to keep him, but he really wanted to play for the third deepest organization in the league.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah but Grabo was the best free agent available and someone told me they have the third deepest team in the league.

They also have Halak. Did you see that playoff run from 5 years ago? The Blues wanted to keep him, but he really wanted to play for the third deepest organization in the league.

You jest but Halak probably lucked out since the only other places looking for starting goalies were rebuilding Calgary and Vancouver teams. And Vancouver had its sights set on Miller clearly.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Burlon? scarlette? Its a very thin ice you are walking on Mr Lamoriello
Hrabarenka has pretty well demonstrated he could be NHL depth, and I'd trust Seth Helgeson in a defensive situation. Severson will be in the AHL, and while I'd rather he didn't, he does have the talent to jump to the NHL - he was one of the last cuts last preseason, remember. Only then have you got Burlon (who I think might be let go) and Scarlett (if, say, Zidlicky gets injured).

I'd prefer another vet, but I think Lou has decided now is time to give the kids their sink or swim chance. If they sink, the rest of the team will sink with them.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not talking about them making the playoffs... but the Devils seem to have a hard time with them.

I agree. The Devils ALWAYS play down to this team. Occasionally you'll find a good one like the one against them in March when we won 6-1. Usually we lose to them even when they have goalies no ones ever heard of or Trash Can Rick, and with a bunch of no names in the lineup and other such bums. And when they have half of Bridgeport out on the ice, like our last two games against them this past season.

Some of our most pathetic losses seem to come against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad