GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Part 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camille the Eel

Brian Boyle to Tampa Bay has certainly weakened the Rangers and helped Tampa - Boyle may have been the Rags best player, certainly one of the top three, in the Stanley Cup finals. Big, strong centerman, good on faceoffs, lots of fight, character guy.

Looks like Tampa Bay wants to be MSG south, Callahan too.

Rangers are being picked apart in free agency and will be less competitive next season in the east.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Brian Boyle to Tampa Bay has certainly weakened the Rangers and helped Tampa - Boyle may have been the Rags best player, certainly one of the top three, in the Stanley Cup finals. Big, strong centerman, good on faceoffs, lots of fight, character guy.

Rangers are being picked apart in free agency and will be less competitive next season in the east.

giphy.gif

NC107*

Sorry, I really only care about the NJ Devils we didn't sign Boyle or Callahan.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I wished they would have just signed Cammy, Hemsky and Carter. That would have been a perfect day. One at three and bringing back Bernie and Gio, makes it a so, so day.

NHL Fanatik*

How about Grabovski or Ribeiro? They'd be cheap, Ribeiro cause of the buyout and attitude problems, and Grab could be like 2M. Bolster the center a little, short contract only though.

Cammalleri - Zajac - Jagr
Elias - Henrique - Havlat
Ruutu - Grab/Rib - Brunner/Ryder
Zubrus - Gionta - Bernier

Clowe on IR/LTIR, once he returns make Bernier the extra man.
Trade one of Brunner/Ryder
Don't re-sign Carter.

That could work, right?

New Jack City

Dec 28, 2011
What are these twitter rumors that we are in on Vrbata. If this is true, then jesus cluster at forward

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
What are these twitter rumors that we are in on Vrbata. If this is true, then jesus cluster at forward

Links?

If we are, Lou will be dealing excess forwards, there's no way around it. I'm sure with his pride that the last few years (sans 11-12) piss him off something fierce and we know the owners don't want to have to market and average team.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Links?

If we are, Lou will be dealing excess forwards, there's no way around it. I'm sure with his pride that the last few years (sans 11-12) piss him off something fierce and we know the owners don't want to have to market and average team.

Incarcerated Bob and Nick Barlotta. Tells you all you need to know.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
How about Grabovski or Ribeiro? They'd be cheap, Ribeiro cause of the buyout and attitude problems, and Grab could be like 2M. Bolster the center a little, short contract only though.

Don't re-sign Carter.

That could work, right?

If we're going to add another C for the 3rd, I'd rather try and deal for a young up and comer who can man that line now and maybe develop into a 2C.

megajake

Aug 24, 2009

Don't re-sign Carter.

That could work, right?

Grabo wants 5x5

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Don't know anything about Bob but Barlotta is mostly FOS....although he had the Brunner signing (and Jagr too if I'm remembering correctly) before anyone.

Well that's just peachy since I don't know anything about Barlotta but IBob is usually FOS.

NHL Fanatik*

If it's true (BIG IF), Vrbata wouldn't come here to play 3rd line, he'd instantly be the RW2.

I would be okay with that. Maybe switch up the lineup a bit? Just to keep Havlat with Elias.

Cam - Zajac - Jagr
Brunner - Henrique - Vrbata
Ruutu - Elias - Havlat

Or is that too far fetched with Brunner on LW?

Edit:? Moved Brunner to 2nd Ruutu 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad