• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Whatever your opinion of Evander Kane the person is, there is no doubt that is a phenomenal deal for Evander Kane the hockey player.

The guy fit like a glove next to McDavid and will continue to do so.
They say that playas f*** up. Well, f*** ups f*** up too and he is a proven f*** up of the highest caliber.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The person doesn't stop existing. Especially in a locker room full of personalities that are always on the edge of teetering in the wrong direction. Now with Kane in the mix they may last another season before they start begging management to get rid of him like in Winnipeg and San Jose.
I don't disagree, but he fit the Oilers very well and the player Evander Kane is a damn good one.

Now, he could have been extremely motivated to get this big pay day and will go back to the player he was with the Sharks/Sabres/Jets. That is a possibility.

The player I saw last season, though, found an unbelievable chemistry with their top stars and at 5.125M that is a bargain.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Kulak makes a lot of sense, but I dont know where we get the cap space for him honestly.

If Lehky is getting 4M, 2C is getting $5.5M... That would only leave $4.5M for another 3rd liner, a #5/6D, and then a 7th Dman.

I guess if they go 750k for the 7th Dman, and like $1.5M for a 3rd liner, they could have about ~$2.25M for Kulak, but I think he gets more then that honestly. He would be an excellent add though.

The Avs really need to find our own Michael Bunting this summer.

No idea who that might be but that's what they need to do.

EDIT: I found my Michael Bunting for tomorrow:

1657694573937.png

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'd love to see CMac swing Patrtick Kane 50% retained for Newhook +

Roll into the season with knowing that if we need to, we can always trade for a 2C upgrade (Bo Horvat is my preferred pick...good enough and won't cost as much to re-sign as JT Miller and probably should be closer to Trocheck money if not a slight bit less and without as many injury concerns). Horvat is also a year younger than Vinny and 2 years younger than JT Miller. And just in case @Hasbro is wondering: Horvat - 6'0" 215lbs; Trocheck - 5'10" 183lbs; JT Miller - 6'1 218lbs. See I like the young guy in the middle, not the big old guy that will be more expensive.

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Kane
Nichushkin-JT Compher/Meyers-Rantanen
Lehkonen-Meyers/Compher-O'Connor
Cogliano-Sedlek/Bowers/Foudy/League Min. PTO-Maltsev/Olausson/Megna/League Min. PTO
MacDermid

Byram-Makar
Toews-Girard
MacDonald/League Min PTO or slight bump for JJ-EJ
MacDermid

This would actually leave us like close to 3.5M in cap space. I would expect to see the PTOs and/or in-season trades and savvy waiver claims to upgrade the 2C potentially, if not the 4C definitely, get a 3RW to push LOC down to the 4th. Same with D, I would want an upgrade heading into playoffs to get JJ/MacDonald or whoever the regular season #6 is moved to #7. Would be more difficult if we use Girard mid-season in a trade for say a signed Horvat but still doable and probably more necessary to upgrade the D at the deadline in that case.

Allows us to not overpay for UFAs this summer while settling MacK's contract and Lehky's (which I expect to be 4.5M/4 but will be told that's entirely too high and while I would prefer 5 years I don't think he gives us that many UFA years at that rate.) But it's certainly capable of winning home ice advantage in the West, possibly the NHL again with the scoring Kane would bring, full season from Lehky and Meyers (who I think might overtake JTC on C depth in camp.) With upgrades to the aforementioned positions during camp and the season this team would be primed to repeat as long as health/luck doesn't do them dirty.

Horvat.png

Trocheck.png

Miller.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Bender

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
My predictions
Trading JTC,frees up room for Evan Rodrigues and heinen.
Sign trocheck
Sign kulak
Sign Carlsson former blue jacket quota

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
If we sign Kulak, doesn’t that mean G is a goner?

Toews Makar
Byram Johnson
Kulak ?

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
After he spurned the Avs at the deadline, knowing full well there was interest. I really don't want him here. We weren't his first choice. That's not the guy I'm trying to spend money on.
I don’t think he wants to come here now anyways. Also, isn’t he kinda washed as a C and a much better wing now?

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Redoing my prediction
Trade JTC for Soucy
Sign trocheck
Sign kubalik
Sign Rodrigues
Sign Carlsson
Leaves just below 2m for PTO 4th line depth

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
If trochek did the kane contract for a chance to win we’d be laughing, even if it was only a two year to take him to 30 and his last big contract. Despite the hate for evander there’s no doubt he was reaching 6+m on open market at only 4 years, solid contract and favour by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad