Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Couple of recent notes from the FA thread:

- Johnny Hockey going to market
- Bucc teasing something with Matt Tkachuk
- Malkin stays in Pitt for 4 more years

Avs "rumors"

- Still in talks with Manson (it's Dater, take it with a grain or a semi-truck of salt)
- Avs interested in Trocheck
- May still have interest in Patrick Kane

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Hoping the Avs sign Mark Pysyk as a UFA. He and EJ can split the minutes on the right side that Makar doesn't play so that EJ doesn't have to play 2nd pairing all season.

Reactions: Foppberg

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Hoping the Avs sign Mark Pysyk as a UFA. He and EJ can split the minutes on the right side that Makar doesn't play so that EJ doesn't have to play 2nd pairing all season.

Can you explain why Lyubushkin is the anti-Avs dman?

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
They will sign some players and I predict one of them will be among the players that didn't receive a QO. A 1-year low risk signing.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Anyone worried that some desperate teams will overpay and all the 2C candidates will be go somewhere else?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Can you explain why Lyubushkin is the anti-Avs dman?
He's got arguably the worst puck skills for a defensemen in the league, right there with the likes of Nemeth, Zadorov, Gudbranson, Schenn, etc.

The Avs have long since moved away from those types of defensemen. Even a brute like Kurtis MacDermid has shockingly decent puck skills.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Mason Marchment. He would be perfect.

The only center worth signing is Trocheck and he's going to get paid

BoneCherry

Nov 19, 2021
Dallas
I expect they might take one but it's possible they take up to 3, imho. C-Mac may do it somewhat different than Sakic would, but I expect him to be cautions and not overcommit to anything.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Anyone worried that some desperate teams will overpay and all the 2C candidates will be go somewhere else?
Not as much anymore. We are the Champs. Who wouldn’t want to come play 2C for the best team in the league. Trochek or Copp. We know Sakic was rumored to be after Copp at the trade deadline.

Reactions: AvsWraith

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Why is anyone out there pining for Mason Marchment? Where on earth is he going to play?

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Nichushkin
Lehkonen - XXXXX - Rantanen
Newhook - Meyers - Compher
Cogliano - XXXXX - O'Connor

The Avs need two centres. The Avs shouldn't make a single call to a winger tomorrow.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Why is anyone out there pining for Mason Marchment? Where on earth is he going to play?

The Avs need two centres. The Avs shouldn't make a single call to a winger tomorrow.
Wouldn’t be surprised to see two of Newhook, Meyers and Compher as the bottom 6 Cs

Reactions: Barklez

JH21

Oct 20, 2019

Wrong.

Lehkonen- Mackinnon- Rantanen
Landeskog- Compher- Nichushkin
Marchment- Meyers- Newhook
Cogliano- Sedlak- O'Connor

Reactions: Iceberg

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Nope. We just won the cup. Not a single thing with this team worries me right now. They can roll into next year with JTC as the 2C as far as I'm concerned :laugh:

That said, Joe will do something. I'm sure of it. Whether its a UFA or the trade route, we'll get things done and have another top notch roster for next year.

I think it looks more like:

Landy - Mack - Nuke
Lehky - ???? - Rantanen
Hook - JTC - ????
Cogs - Meyers - LOC

That said, all of our cap space should be going towards the 2C spot. $14M in space. 2F, 2D to sign and RFA Lehky to get done later.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Not wrong. The Avs aren't going into next season with J.T Compher as the 2C while spending a stupid amount of money on a one hit wonder winger like Mason Marchment. That's just stupid.

Who will we sign for 2C?

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Not wrong. The Avs aren't going into next season with J.T Compher as the 2C while spending a stupid amount of money on a one hit wonder winger like Mason Marchment. That's just stupid.

I thought we already spent a stupid amount of money on a one hit wonder winger yesterday. At least thats what the main board told me.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I predict sakic/Mac to make a trade sometime this summer to shore up their 2nd C. I don’t think it’ll be tomorrow. Might see a couple small things. The rest of the Leauge will go nuts.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I voted two, but changed my mind. One of them will be Gabriel Carlsson (because of the CBJ connection), and then picking up a cheap 4C and another non-qualified young forward who turns out to be a diamond in the rough. Rolling with JTC at 2C until the deadline, and playing Girard on the right side all year.

Not what I necessarily want, but what I think will happen. Trocheck and Copp will be priced out of here the same way Kadri was within the first five minutes of UFA.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I'll keep it simple and say, just sign...
everyone-the-professional.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad