How many NHL caliber UFAs will the Avs sign tomorrow

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Louisiana says hi

I haven't seen all of Louisiana and can't even say I know much about most of it but a state that has that kind of food, culture, and flair can't be the worst. I don't think it can even be in the bottom half.

Reactions: henchman21

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Didn’t realize there were so many Alabama and Mississippi apologists here. As bad as Kentucky is, it isn’t as bad as those two (actually quite like some parts). Louisiana is an awesome state that has had a rough go economically… it wouldn’t approach my bottom 20. West Virginia and Arkansas are beautiful states with fantastic outdoors.

Now if people stated Missouri… well, I may have to reconsider my stance. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: jabubenice

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
They also drafted for need at 2OA which historically is a big no-no. That could blow up in their face pretty badly.
Eh, they essentially did the same thing we did with Makar & the Stars did with Heiskanen. Took the top D man on their board and want to develop them.

Wright was still on the board but it wasn't as much of a reach as people like to make it seem.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Didn’t realize there were so many Alabama and Mississippi apologists here. As bad as Kentucky is, it isn’t as bad as those two (actually quite like some parts). Louisiana is an awesome state that has had a rough go economically… it wouldn’t approach my bottom 20. West Virginia and Arkansas are beautiful states with fantastic outdoors.

Now if people stated Missouri… well, I may have to reconsider my stance. :laugh:

Missouri does suck though

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Wow, that is quite the burn.

It wasn’t meant to be. When I moved to the US I initially confused people from the Midwest as transplants from the Canadian prairie provinces all the time. I would be like, hey are you from Canada and they’d always be like no I’m from Ohio.

• Love
Reactions: jabubenice

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Drunk Saturday hockey talk: I seriously question if the Panthers are a playoff team next year.

Tkachuk is great; he's an upgrade from Huberdeau if you consider two-way game, and if he's able to replicate his 104 point performance from this year (and not his 62 point pace from 2021). But the Panthers also lost Weegar, who is a sure fire top pairing defenseman, despite his post-season blips. It would almost be like if Colorado traded Rantanen + Toews + a prospect and a 1st for Tkachuk; short term, it's bad for Florida.

Not to mention Marchment, a good two-way player himself, is out the door. Not to mention the trade deadline adds (Chiarot, Giroux) have been lost, or that Bobrovsky had a bounce back season before struggling down the stretch. If Bob regresses to a .905 level with that cruddy defense in front of him, the Panthers are going to be battling it out for a wild card slot all season.

Oh goody, we’re back to stereotyping entire states, while white ppl, & ONLY white ppl are capable of racism. Quality hockey talk.

I don't know squat about Calgary. But within the context of hockey, if Calgary is seen in a similar light as some of the more rural USA states, I could see why a POC like Kadri - who reportedly received death threats a couple months back - may avoid signing there.

Personally, I think attitudes change the further you go out from major cities, regardless of state. The closer you live to the city, the more likely you are to interact with people of different races, sexual orientations, creeds, etc. As a result, the people who live closer to diverse areas (mostly) realize we're all humans with the same plusses and minuses.

jabubenice

Mar 7, 2011
cayman island
This is why discussing racism on a sports forum goes to shit very quickly. All I will say in conclusion is this.... I have lived in the USA, Europe, Africa, Australia and now New Zealand (which has serious racial shit going on) and what I have discovered is there is no racial utopia out there were every one is holding hands and f***ing singing kumbaya. Each place has it's racial quirks. You just have to navigate them as best as you can...end of story.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
This is why discussing racism on a sports forum goes to shit very quickly. All I will say in conclusion is this.... I have lived in the USA, Europe, Africa, Australia and now New Zealand (which has serious racial shit going on) and what I have discovered is there is no racial utopia out there were every one is holding hands and f***ing singing kumbaya. Each place has it's racial quirks. You just have to navigate them as best as you can...end of story.

Bingo!!!

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Drunk Saturday hockey talk: I seriously question if the Panthers are a playoff team next year.

Tkachuk is great; he's an upgrade from Huberdeau if you consider two-way game, and if he's able to replicate his 104 point performance from this year (and not his 62 point pace from 2021). But the Panthers also lost Weegar, who is a sure fire top pairing defenseman, despite his post-season blips. It would almost be like if Colorado traded Rantanen + Toews + a prospect and a 1st for Tkachuk; short term, it's bad for Florida.

Not to mention Marchment, a good two-way player himself, is out the door. Not to mention the trade deadline adds (Chiarot, Giroux) have been lost, or that Bobrovsky had a bounce back season before struggling down the stretch. If Bob regresses to a .905 level with that cruddy defense in front of him, the Panthers are going to be battling it out for a wild card slot all season.

I don't know squat about Calgary. But within the context of hockey, if Calgary is seen in a similar light as some of the more rural USA states, I could see why a POC like Kadri - who reportedly received death threats a couple months back - may avoid signing there.

Personally, I think attitudes change the further you go out from major cities, regardless of state. The closer you live to the city, the more likely you are to interact with people of different races, sexual orientations, creeds, etc. As a result, the people who live closer to diverse areas (mostly) realize we're all humans with the same plusses and minuses.
I grew up in podunk, Ohio, where my parents from 2 different podunk, Ohio towns were raised by their podunk, Ohio families to treat everyone equally, & they subsequently raised my siblings & I to do likewise. But, please, paint everywhere not NYC, LA, Boston, Chicago, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, or Europe with the broadest, woke, liberal brush ever. f***ing not from the big city white ppl are the worst! Racists, the lot of them!

Ulic

Mar 5, 2007
Washington
I grew up in podunk, Ohio, where my parents from 2 different podunk, Ohio towns were raised by their podunk, Ohio families to treat everyone equally, & they subsequently raised my siblings & I to do likewise. But, please, paint everywhere not NYC, LA, Boston, Chicago, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, or Europe with the broadest, woke, liberal brush ever. f***ing not from the big city white ppl are the worst! Racists, the lot of them!
It's probably uncomfortable to be painted with a broad brush by people different from you.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
It's probably uncomfortable to be painted with a broad brush by people different from you.
Oh, I grew up bullied by many of my like skinned kin folk, as I was smaller than them. So, get f***ed. I really liked this board when it was centered around hockey & bullshit. But, we’ve got to fundamentally transform everything, & keep everyone divided, so here we are.

Reactions: MoreLikeTurdCrapley
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad