• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Trade is terrible for Calgary. What happens when Hubs and Weegar both walk next year?

I'd be pissed if my team traded it's best young player for two guys that could walk next season.

Also this trade is proof there is something else going on with Kadri. Trades don't take 2 weeks to manifest.
The fact that there’s no noise, to me, points the opposite. If Kadri were still talking to different teams, negotiating with different options, you’d likely hear more news. The fact that you hear nothing probably means he has either 1 or a couple of handshake deals, so there’s no need for him to keep exploring.

Secondly, I find it odd that you pin this “non-signing” 100% on him. We’ve seen both Vegas and Columbus quite literally trade away good players for absolutely nothing.

Creating cap space isn’t a problem. The problem isn’t getting taken out to the woodshed while creating that space.
I have no doubt that the Avs could simply give away Girard for nothing to make room. Does that seem like a good decision to you? Do you think that’s what the Avs want to do? They’re obviously trying to create the best roster possible to win.

This screams like a simple situation where Kadri has 1 or 2 destinations he’s willing to go to, and he’s taking the risk of letting those teams sort out their cap to make it happen. And those teams aren’t simply gonna bend over to another team to make it happen. The goal is to improve your team, not just rotate the chairs.

And lastly, there’s absolutely no way of knowing how long these trades took. In fact, Wasn’t it just reported by someone that Florida was trying to get this done for weeks? Or am i mistaken and confusing it with something else?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Before trading him.

Not sure why people say 30 and 24. Huberdeau just turned 29 and Tkachuk is turning 25 in December. It's a 4 year age gap, not 6.
Tkachuk is starting an 8 year contract at age 24. Huberdeau will be 30 when he starts his next contract.

Assuming both sign for 8 years...

Age 24-32 vs age 30-38

The gap in talent would have to be massive to make up for that (and it isn't).

Last edited:

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Tkachuk is starting an 8 year contract at age 24. Huberdeau will be 30 when he starts his next contract.

Assuming both sign for 8 years...

Age 24-32 vs age 30-38

The gap in talent would have to be absolutely huge to make up for that (and it isn't).
Although to be fair, you have to consider Huberdeau is on a sweet heart deal next year too.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
This is really a thing? I had no idea...

It’s nothing like Alabama like the other guy joked about. the metros get more and more multicultural every year. The smaller towns are probably more similar to small towns in the American Midwest

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
NFL adopted salary cap dumps for picks, the NHL adopted sign and trades.
This is some NBA level **** right here.

Don't be picking on my state. We ain't got **** to do with Canada.

Everytime I hear people talk trash about Alabama:

john-mulaney.gif

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
It’s nothing like Alabama like the other guy joked about. the metros get more and more multicultural every year. The smaller towns are probably more similar to small towns in the American Midwest
The coastal hipsters are really bent out of shape about the water situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad