GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2014 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I thought it was funny (his 1st post) and a pretty good troll. Could've just stopped there though. But people posted some pretty extreme stuff back at him. Which you have to expect, especially with how mad everyone is right now about Quincey.

Yeah, the one tweet he responded to ("have fun in the khl. Hope your plane doesn't crash") was way over the line.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Got even angrier about the KFQ-****, when reading that today. But some responses are not even better, not at all.

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
Commodore meant to jab the Wings with that first tweet, c'mon when was the last time he cared how the Wings did in free agency? He was just surprised by the blowback.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
This is turning into a circus. Major news outlets talking about the Wings striking out, Stralmans camp allegedly not even considering the Wings, multiple guys turning down more money from us to sign elsewhere, Wings fans having a shoot out with Mike Commodore over twitter...

I just hope Kenny is somehow paying attention here instead of living in his little bubble trapped in the 2000s.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Commodore meant to jab the Wings with that first tweet, c'mon when was the last time he cared how the Wings did in free agency? He was just surprised by the blowback.

This would be a good opportunity for someone to create a fake Babcock account to troll him back...

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Just heard the Leafs are "hard" after Legwand, how did he play before the injury for you guys? Is he a suitable 3rd or 4th line C?

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Just heard the Leafs are "hard" after Legwand, how did he play before the injury for you guys? Is he a suitable 3rd or 4th line C?

He is still a 2C. Has been scoring at or near a 50 point pace for the last couple years while playing sound defensive hockey. Might not still be one by the end of his next contract, but I think it would be reasonable to expect him to do well, assuming he gets one of Lupul, Kessel, or JVR on his wing.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan

I'm gonna go against the grain here and call him a 3rd line center. Still better than the 4th line which he was stuck on here AND as a freaking winger for some reason.

His major issue is his defensive game. He was in the minus column a LOT during his short tenure with the Wings.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

Easily a 3C imo. Passable 2C, depending on your aspirations.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Completely misused. He's a fine 2C.

He is still a 2C. Has been scoring at or near a 50 point pace for the last couple years while playing sound defensive hockey. Might not still be one by the end of his next contract, but I think it would be reasonable to expect him to do well, assuming he gets one of Lupul, Kessel, or JVR on his wing.

I'm gonna go against the grain here and call him a 3rd line center. Still better than the 4th line which he was stuck on here AND as a freaking winger for some reason.

His major issue is his defensive game. He was in the minus column a LOT during his short tenure with the Wings.

Thanks for the feedback guys.. Barring any major changes he'd most likely be behind Bozak and Kadri, so probably be on our third line -- centering plugs like Clarkson, Frattin, and Komarov, and whoever else we sign for our bottom six.. Is he any good at cycling the puck down low?

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Thanks for the feedback guys.. Barring any major changes he'd most likely be behind Bozak and Kadri, so probably be on our third line -- centering plugs like Clarkson, Frattin, and Komarov, and whoever else we sign for our bottom six.. Is he any good at cycling the puck down low?

I think I'd rather spend money on D if I were a Leafs fan. Seems like more of a need at this point. Your forward depth would be solid, though.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

He wasn't here for long and for much of it he was playing on the 4th line with a couple of grinders. Might be better off asking Nashville fans.

He looked okay at it from what I remember. He just didn't get that many minutes. He played 1C for a bit, Datsyuk got healthy soon after, and he just got super demoted to the 4th line and pretty much stayed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad