SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Continue.

Bench says:
In free agency dog we trust!

q6RqcOE.gif

Aug 6, 2012
The Wings need to lose the country club atmosphere they have has for the past decade plus. I don't think its attractive to many players anymore and honestly it's annoying as **** for the fans. I'm not disappointed with this off season so far but its just something I wanted to point out.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Apparently there are rumblings Holland is looking to make a trade since he missed out on Nisk and Boyle.

If there is a trade prepare for the panic overpayment of the century.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
TSN analysts are now praising teams for staying out of the free agent pool.
Holland did it by accident, but still a different view on the contracts being handed out.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
Don't worry guys, Kenny is working his magic, Jovo and Cleary are on their way

Sami

Oct 21, 2013
Capture Lidström's family. Force him to come back....

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I've said all along I'm comfortable with our forward group. To me, the only move there is determining whether Alfie comes back. Even if he comes back in January, I'm all for it. And like I said a few days ago, I'd gladly take Alfie for one year over Iginla for 3 years.

On the backend, Ehrhoff would have been big. But guess what, his decision today speaks for itself. I think Stralman would have been a nice addition as well. Niskanen at max term I don't like. I'm glad we're out of that running and Boyle fell apart as last season progressed so I'm glad he's a goner as well.

If we're going to sign anyone, make it a bottom pairing defensive defencemen who can eat up PK minutes, babysit a rookie, and sign for 2 yrs or less. Willie Mitchell.

Kronwall-Ericsson
Dekeyser-Smith
Mitchell-Marchenko
Lashoff

Get rid of Kindl if he's just going to block Smith's PP opportunity.

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
Holland did it by accident, but still a different view on the contracts being handed out.

That happens every year, if you don't want to participate in the madness than make trades, simple.

Point Shot

Keep It Realgud
Feb 12, 2013
Niskanen for 7 years at even $7 million is insane and I cannot fault Kenneth for not biting at that price. The buyout watch on that guy will start the second he signs.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Anything we do that can prevent Dan Cleary from getting a contract is a success.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
mtl and tml improved. leafs.. maybe a bit. boston is still ahead of us.

tight race if we make it.

Meh, I'm not really sure about that. Leafs still have issues on defence and they are now spending far too much money on their bottom six. If Bernier doesn't play as well as well as he did last year they could be picking top 10 again next year. Especially if Caryle doesn't improve the Leafs offensive game plan.

TB definitely improved and are now clearly the 3rd best team in the East.

Montreal I'd also argue fell to our level. They lost Gionta, and Vanek and they're only add was P.A. Parenteau and he had a disappointing season in Colorado though he does have the ability to bounce back and score 50 points. Besides that they traded away their #3 dman and it would look like they're going to replace those minutes with inexperienced rookies. Now this could either work well or there will be an adjustment period.

On our end we lost Quincey, our #4D, and we've lost Alfie. We replace Quincey with Smith and assuming that it's the Smith of the playoffs and the last 20 games we have a net gain in our top 4. Then we replace Smith's minutes with Ouellet or Marchenko and we have a decent 3rd pairing unlike last year.

Of course all of the teams will rely on their goalies. If Howard can bounce back to his .920+ Sv% levels I have no doubt we will be safely be in the playoffs. The same can be said about Montreal, TB, or Toronto but if any of our goalies falter we likely aren't in the playoffs.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I wonder if we do acquire Myers now...

What a demoralizing day.

Just please no KFQ, Jovo, or any other scrub, Kenny. Plese restrain yourself.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Since I managed to post in a closed thread, I'll say it again here: if we sign an older vet, I think it's to pave the way for Kindl to be moved for picks/prospects than any sort of "panic" move for the same of a move.

Bring in a steady guy like Mitchell, promote XO or Marchenko to play on that pairing, and leave Lashoff in the pressbox as depth.

I didn't think a number of the deals were that bad. Stralman's looks okay. Boyle's looks okay. Ehrhoff's was a steal. There have been a few bad looking contracts, but they can also be largely explained by teams desperate for helm and/or to meet the cap floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad