GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2014 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I'd take Santorelli, but who goes? If he signs, that means that there's a roster spot plugged up and the FW group is crowded as it is. He could take the 3rd line RW in lieu of Jurco / Alfredsson and like others said, he is versatile and can play C, but is it worth it when Jurco/Pulkkinen and to a lesser extent, Mantha are knocking at the door?

I think that Jurco gets the Nyquist treatment and is only brought up if/when injuries arise.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Sign Alfredsson (1yr), Santorelli(1 or 2 yrs), and Salo (1yr), trade Helm and Kindl + lesser prospects and picks for a top 4 RHD.

Kronwall - Smith
DeKeyser - top 4 RHD
Ericsson - Salo
Quincey
Lashoff

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Sign Alfredsson (1yr), Santorelli(1 or 2 yrs), and Salo (1yr), trade Helm and Kindl + lesser prospects and picks for a top 4 RHD.

Kronwall - Smith
DeKeyser - top 4 RHD
Ericsson - Salo
Quincey
Lashoff

I don't think that lands you a top 4 RHD.

I like the idea of Santorelli if Alfredsson doesn't return, not sure I like it as much if Alfie comes back.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I don't think that lands you a top 4 RHD.

I like the idea of Santorelli if Alfredsson doesn't return, not sure I like it as much if Alfie comes back.

I'm literally deliriously fantasizing at this point, because there is no chance Holland does anything remotely close to what I want to happen

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga

Kronwall - Smith
DeKeyser - top 4 RHD
Ericsson - Salo
Quincey
Lashoff

I'd be behind that kind of deal though I think they Quincey signing means that Salo won't be signed.

I think we could get an okay 2-3 year stopgap defenceman for Helm+Kindl+Prospects though the prospect may have to be in the 6-13 range.

Perhaps someone like Green? Although looking at the NHL there really aren't that many appealing RH players that we could trade that package for. We might be better off just moving Kindl for picks or whatever we can get for him and playing one of the kids in that 3rd pairing spot.

Another angle to take is that we sign Santorelli because we may be moving one of the kids in a trade for a defenceman. It does give us the depth to play around with the idea of moving someone as Santorelli brings us depth down the middle or on the wings.

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
The Quincey signing really ruins any flexibility we had with the roster on D. I would move Kindl for legitimately whatever we could get for him to have some of that back and get the kids a chance to play.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Hypothetically, if Jeff Petry were made available by Craig MacTavish, what would be reasonable to send the other way? According to Oilers posters, they need "impact" centers and NHL-ready defensemen.

If not Petry, what about trying to pry Wideman out of Calgary? What might go the other way?

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
The Quincey signing really ruins any flexibility we had with the roster on D. I would move Kindl for legitimately whatever we could get for him to have some of that back and get the kids a chance to play.
We still have the same flexibility we would have had if we signed Niskanen/Ehrhoff/Boyle. There's no reason to play Kindl or Lashoff over Ouellet/Marchenko. Sadly Holland rarely does anything that he's not absolutely forced to do, and right now he's not forced to move Kindl or Lashoff.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Santorelli is fine and all but what other dynamic does he bring besides being a righty? I'd prefer Alfie to be honest.

If the Wings are interested, I hope it's not because they think they need more veterans or something. I'd be fine with it if the basis were because they know something bad about Weiss that we don't or because they're looking to move a forward as part of a package for a top 4 D.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site

Not if Kenny realizes he can trade roster players, namely Kindl. Having Quincey ruins the possibility of both signing/trading for a vet and incorporating a rookie, but not one of those options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad