GDT: Free Agent Frenzy @ 10 am MT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
I'm pretty sure RNH will be in the top 6 to start...

Kane-McDavid-Hyman
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Foegele-McLeod-Puljujarvi
Holloway-Ryan-Shore?

Still some question marks but it's good enough. I like it a whole lot more with Brown but I need to stop crying about this easy trade Holland should have executed so I'll leave it at that.
Yea I still can't get over missing out on Brown, he sure would have looked good with McDavid and Kane.

This is what I was hoping for.

Kane-McDavid-Brown
RNH-Draisaitl-Hyman
Holloway-Mcleod-Yamamoto
Foegele-Ryan-Lazar

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
A9mLdLk.png

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
For those of you upset about not getting Connor Brown, think about it this way.

If we trade a 2024 2nd for Brown (assume no retention), we have ~$4M left to sign all our RFAs and to fill out 2/3s of a 4th line.

Let's say McLeod comes in at ~$1.5M AAV and Yamamoto comes out at ~$2.5M (and that is being generous). That wipes out all our remaining cap space, which essentially means we HAVE to trade Foegele and/or Barrie to make room for Brown.

Now if Foegele has no value on the trade market, GMs are circling because they know we have to ship out his cap to be compliant. They ask for a sweetener, which Holland clearly doesn't want to give up.

On the other hand, if we trade Barrie, we now have to replace him for a fraction of the price and still fill out a 4th line.

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Swung by CP to feast on the misery.

Top thread/most recently posted in thread wasn't the Johnny to Columbus thread. Oh no, it's their Edmonton is no good thread.🤣

Whatever blows their skullets back, I guess.
They're like a jealous little brother or spurned ex over there. We don't even talk about the flames here (except today cause lol) but they're perpetually sour.

Reactions: dsi and Oilhawks

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
They're like a jealous little brother or spurned ex over there. We don't even talk about the flames here (except today cause lol) but they're perpetually sour.
Like they have a thread SPECIFICALLY about the Oilers. We don't have a thread about them lol. It's actually pretty hilarious how butt hurt they are about the Oilers and how obsessed they are with us

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Like they have a thread SPECIFICALLY about the Oilers. We don't have a thread about them lol. It's actually pretty hilarious how butt hurt they are about the Oilers and how obsessed they are with us

That's what you call little brother syndrome.
Oh well, now they can continue watching the Oilers destroy their pitiful team for years to come and then go jump on some random teams bandwagon in the playoffs like the shmucks they are.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Not that it would ever happen. But can a player elect to void their contract before it starts then resign another one. Nurse should realize his folly and do us a solid.

Reactions: SnipeShowJB11

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
I'm hoping we can trade Foegele for a guy who makes ~1 mil (just using Dahlen as an example - I know he's UFA) and then sign someone like Kessel for ~2.5 mil to play with Draisaitl on the 2nd line.

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 11.05.58 PM.png

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Hope the “little bastard” guy is there :laugh:

Iphone safari lessons free all night boys. First showing y’all how to block ads here and now you get all athletic content you want :laugh:
That’s amazing. Wow. Now get a mod to delete all these posts before they catch on and fix this exploit. ;)

Reactions: SnipeShowJB11

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
That’s amazing. Wow. Now get a mod to delete all these posts before they catch on and fix this exploit. ;)
Lol that was my worry when I threw it out there…
NYTimes or was it Washingtonpost had this exploit too but it got fixed.

I’m risking it all for this fanbase!!!

Reactions: Cloned

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Regarding Dylan Strome, Gregor and Strudwick on today's show were saying how they didn’t think Holland was interested in him because he doesn’t play the style of the team (lots of pace and aggressive)
Then we also had John Shannon saying the other day how there’s no chance on Strome because he doesn’t have the foot speed.

I still think he would do well here. If not, I'd take a chance on Kessel.

• Wow
Reactions: MettleMcOiler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad