GDT: Free Agent Frenzy @ 10 am MT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
That’s my feeling as well. Should find out soon
Yeah I can’t see Klingberg taking much longer to sign.

I wonder if Holland brings former longtime Red Wing Gustav Nyquist over from Columbus.

Jackets need the capspace to sign Laine and Gaudreau just pushed Nyquist out of the top-6.

50-point player at just under $3m
Nyquist is 5.5 cap hit. Not on Hollands radar. Sounds like we want another Hyman type who can play at both ends of the ice and has some jam. Hate to say it but Josh Anderson might actually be a target in a Barrie + trade.

Reactions: Oilhawks

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
So what's the roster template right now? Something like this?

Kane-McDavid-________
Hyman-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Holloway?-RNH-_________
_________-McLeod-Ryan

Nurse-Ceci
Kulak-Bouchard
Broberg/Niemelainen?-Barrie

Campbell
Skinner
Kane - McDavid - Yamamoto
RNH - Draisaitl - Hyman

Nurse - Bouchard
_____ - Ceci
Kulak - Barrie

Campbell
Skinner

If we sign someone like Strome, this changes significantly. But I see a handful of depth signings happening and trades that impact the bottom six.

I also don't see a big name for LD. Ryan Murray maybe as a depth option to step in when Broberg or whomever slips up.

Reactions: McDrai

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Frick. Connor Brown would've been perfect. Who else is out there similar to him? Niederreiter? I wouldn't mind him.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton

I'm gonna guess we're done for today and then back to it tomorrow. Good job today, Ken Holland.
Gotta think his son has been a major factor in decision making too.

Uh, based on what?

They wanted Kane/Kulak back long time ago. they played well for the team and it's not like you need a spreadsheet to like those players. Campbell is probably the anti-analytics choice, he tends to show up poor in a lot of that stuff. Really, all they did was retain a couple of players they already knew they liked and got one of the goalies on the market, not really much in the way of decision-making there.

Is this going to be the new HFboard meta? Everything the fanbase likes is Brad Holland, and everything fanbase doesn't like is Ken's fault? :laugh:

Reactions: The Safe Play

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Uh, based on what?

They wanted Kane/Kulak back long time ago. they played well for the team and it's not like you need a spreadsheet to like those players. Campbell is probably the anti-analytics choice, he tends to show up poor in a lot of that stuff. Really, all they did was retain a couple of players they already knew they liked and got one of the goalies on the market, not really much in the way of decision-making there.

Is this going to be the new HFboard meta? Everything the fanbase likes is Brad Holland, and everything fanbase doesn't like is Ken's fault? :laugh:
I just say Hollands for every move at this point. I assume they make decisions basically together.

Reactions: ujju2 and Oilhawks

SnipeShowJB11

Jul 8, 2022
I’d love to move out Foegele and replace him with Rodrigues
I like Rodrigues and Auston reece. They looked impressive in PITT to me

Is he a UFA right now? Just assumed Pittsburgh had him locked up but he's not on their cap friendly team and they are maxed.

Edit: wow yeah a UFA with barely any talk from the main media folks. Feels under the radar.
Him and Zach Auston reece are UFA's I believe. I remember that game PITT killed Toronto last year and he stood out a lot.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Rodrigues is a really interesting call even as a dark horse guy to play with McDavid. He put up crazy results with Crosby and didn't drag him at all. Was fantastic away from him also.
I kinda forgot about Rodriguez for some reason but you're totally right! That dude was a monster in the series against the Rangers. I'd be willing to give him a chance for sure.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
You can read it for free using Reader View….
Screen_Shot_2019-01-17_at_4.22.43_PM.jpg

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Uh, based on what?

I considered Brad Holland's words regarding players like JP to be refreshing personally. The guy is heavily in analytics and that's something this organization has been slow to adapt compared to other organizations. I'm also not crapping on Holland this time either, as I've personally commended what he's done thus far.

And no, him hiring his own son wasn't considered nepotism to me either FYI.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I considered Brad Holland's words regarding players like JP to be refreshing personally. The guy is heavily in analytics and that's something this organization has been slow to adapt compared to other organizations. I'm also not crapping on Holland this time either, as I've personally commended what he's done thus far.

And no, him hiring his own son wasn't considered nepotism to me either FYI.

I think they make a good tag team, each having different strengths that can compliment each other.

Reactions: McAsuno

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Hope we get some muscle to fill out the 4th line.

The scraps of the free agency pile, on the edges, where it’s cheap, is where Holland Jr. and his analytical approach can prove their worth.

I hope to see some buy low options in that area with high potential.

Also…. I know we love Bison and Yams but we passed on alot of nice options in their price range today. Hope our belief in them pays off… alot of other NHL teams cut bait on their RFAs despite the youth… we have made a pretty sizeable bet in these players. Hope they pay us back with a huge season and continued development, cause we are literally betting on it.

Reactions: Duke74 and Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA